• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

June 19th Steam Sale Confirmed

inSRPSD.jpg

Umm, isn't that 1.5 weeks?
Aren't sales usually full two weeks?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Prepare your minds for me asking every other page when the sale is starting and then demanding a source. Steel yourself.

Garcia

Which are some the games you're looking forward to see on sale?

For me:

• Banished
  • Transistor (highly unlikely, I know)
  • Cook Serve Delicious (still can't believe I missed 2 consecutive deals during X-mas)
  • Starbound
  • Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
  • Risk of Rain
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • GunPoint
  • Portal 1 & 2 (yes, I know, I still don't have them :( )
  • Commander Keen Complete Pack
  • Child of Light
  • Half Life 2
  • Ikaruga

Arthea

just doing rehearsal

Prepare to get a long list of what I'll buy during the sale as an answer every time.

That's just regular way of things, dunno why are you threatening with this.
I was so seriously tempted to post list of my purchases last time when someone complained about lists, but decided it's too much work just for laughs

Pachimari

Now I'm not sure if I'm ready for the Summer Sale. I have $90 put aside and if RE: Revelations is around $14 on sale now, then those money won't last long.

I guess I'm expecting bigger sales for the Summer Sale. =/

Tizoc

I'm just being a nice guy and helping our fellow GAFfers prepare
Not that it'll do them much good

Ah the Summer Sale....I envision us, the usual SteamGAFfers looking from the 100th floor of our HQ, glasses of martinis and like in our hands as we look down upon the first timers and new comers to the Summer Sale and we see the riots, the madness, and as we sip our drinks we say to ourselves: All is well in the World of Gaben.

Yakkue

For me:

• Banished
  • Cook Serve Delicious (still can't believe I missed 2 consecutive deals during X-mas)
  • Starbound
  • Risk of Rain
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • GunPoint
  • Child of Light
  • Half Life 2
  • Ikaruga

I also want to see Child of Light, Ikaruga and Banished.
Apart from that:
- DeathSpank: Thongs Of Virtue (has that ever been on sale? Can't find it on ITAD)
- SimCity 4 Deluxe
- Valdis Story: Abyssal City
- Broken Age
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

Dolor

400+ items on my wishlist, but most I won't bother with unless they are super cheap and have cards.

I have enough pre-ordered at this point that I don't know that I need that many more games....

I already have coming...

• Witcher 3
  • Divinity Original Sin
  • Defense Grid 2
  • Shadows of Mordor
  • Rise of Nations

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Prepare to get a list of what I'll buy during the sale as an answer every time.

Why stop there?

Give me your presale list of what you want, your daily update of what you've bought, your daily list of games that you want to go on daily sale, and then, of course, your total damage at the end of the sale.

Also don't forget to ask if every game on sale is worth it. Ask it a few times during the day to ensure you've properly gauged GAF's opinion. Then ignore it.

Garcia

Apart from that:
- DeathSpank: Thongs Of Virtue (has that ever been on sale? Can't find it on ITAD)
- SimCity 4 Deluxe
- Valdis Story: Abyssal City
- Broken Age
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

I saw SimCity 4 on sale twice during the Christmas sale. $4.99 IIRC, so it's highly likely to show up again during this one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Awesome news of the incoming Steam sale. That gives me time to put in for vacation at work so I can focus on putting out Enhanced Steam updates quickly when it starts.

Pretty soon I'll be putting together a comprehensive guide on the ways in which Enhanced Steam can help during the Summer Sale, so stay tuned for that.

Arthea

400+ items on my wishlist, but most I won't bother with unless they are super cheap and have cards.

I have enough pre-ordered at this point that I don't know that I need that many more games....

I already have coming...

• logic has nothing to do with it, as you already know

Why stop there?

Give me your presale list of what you want, your daily update of what you've bought, your daily list of games that you want to go on daily sale, and then, of course, your total damage at the end of the sale.

Also don't forget to ask if every game on sale is worth it. Ask it a few times during the day to ensure you've properly gauged GAF's opinion. Then ignore it.

why stop here?
    Don't forget about complaining all the time, about lists, prices not updating, about other lists, about people constantly asking the same questions and so on.

derExperte

Why stop there?

Also don't forget to ask if every game on sale is worth it. Ask it a few times during the day to ensure you've properly gauge GAF's opinion.

I don't even know what's worse anymore, people asking the same questions all the time or people listing the questions people ask all the time to make fun of people asking the same questions all the time. Full circle, man, full circle.

Anyway, about that Walking Dead offer, first episode only?

Steam sale will be light for me this year. Already have Witcher3 and DA:I on preorder that took up most of my funds.

Apart from that:

It was bundled through Humble a while back.

AsylumX

I want to get a LEGO game, I played the star wars ones in console a few years ago and they were a blast. Which one should I get? I'm between marvel and lotr, but if there is a better one i could considered it...

Vlad

I'm wondering, I'm never seeing anyone heading up a game session where we play together. Aren't we playing games together online?

There's lots of free-to-play titles and theHunter just came out. Or popular games which most have like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I know there's Minecraft GAF which I'm part of, but I never see us settings up some online sessions here. :)

Well, it's hard to get enough people to agree on something, seeing as this is a thread for an entire store. Easier to get games going in the game's own individual thread, I would think.

On that note, though, anybody interested in some Toribash? One of my favorite games of all time and I didn't realize it finally was released on Steam recently. For those who haven't heard of it, I made a post about it (with fancy gifs!) in one of the older indie game threads a while back. Game's completely free to play (the good kind, with the only purchasable stuff being cosmetic), and very unique.

kevin1025

Banned

For me:

• Banished
  • Starbound
  • Risk of Rain
  • The Binding of Isaac
  • GunPoint
  • Child of Light
  • Half Life 2
  • Ikaruga

My only aim for this sale will be classic shooters, like The Wolf Pack and the Quake series. Anything else is just gravy!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm actually pretty screwed with the summer sale. I've been stocking up on keys recently and I currently have around 130 in my inventory. If the price for them drops a lot, games will probably mantain the same price

I want to get a LEGO game, I played the star wars ones in console a few years ago and they were a blast. Which one should I get? I'm between marvel and lotr, but if there is a better one i could considered it...

Marvel is good, Batman 2 is slightly better, I'd recommend either one.

So the Steam sale is sandwiched between me moving and going to the International. Might be a tighter budget than i'd like.

Beds don't necessarily need sheets right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom