• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished moving into a new place. Clothes are everywhere, but the internet is so much better than the shitty wifi I had in my last apartmnet. Ready for sales, and actually getting to play things the day I buy them.

Ha, playing things.

The_Monk

Finished moving into a new place. Clothes are everywhere, but the internet is so much better than the shitty wifi I had in my last apartmnet. Ready for sales, and actually getting to play things the day I buy them.

Ha, playing things.

Congrats on your new place, hope it suits you. Good luck on the Steam sale! :)

What is a shikishiki

A shikishi is normally just artwork for some series/show/manga, but normally they are printed on some thick paper like a cardboard, so you can frame it if you want.
You could think of it like an autograph-card. So if you are at some convention and the artist is there, you can even let them sign it.
Thats why I wonder what the purpose of a digital one is. I mean I guess it will just be some .png.

Doesnt really make sense. It just reads like "If you buy the game, you get some a .png"

A shikishi is normally just artwork for some series/show/manga, but normally they are printed on some thick paper like a cardboard, so you can frame it if you want.
You could think of it like an autograph-card. So if you are at some convention and the artist is there, you can even let them sign it.
Thats why I wonder what the purpose of a digital one is. I mean I guess it will just be some .png.

Doesnt really make sense. It just reads like "If you buy the game, you get some a .png"

Sounds a bit better than "bonus artwork for pre-order." Not even a digital artbook, but a single piece of artwork.

ok. Witcher 2 : why the hell can I not find a silver sword anywhere? I'm still in Flotsam, but can't seem to find anyone who sells the diagram or the sword anywhere. What is going on...

With the sale so close I would be (happily) surprised if the [Broforce] discount gets higher than it was last week.
I took the plunge on the most recent discount, with the risk that it could go lower during the Steam sale, because most people paid $15 and love it.

With that being said, I don't expect it to go even lower than the last discount ($12) so soon. That would be bad business IMO. But no regrets either way.

Another example: It stings a little bit that Always Sometimes Monsters debuted at 10% off and then went to 20% almost right. Honestly though, the difference was like $1 and I'm not going to miss that. I wanted to support such a cool idea by buying it during launch week.

Grief.exe

My real worry with Uplay is I love replaying games 10 or 15 years after they came out.

I just have my doubts Ubisoft continue supporting a platform indefinitely that they obviously care so little about. Reminds me exactly of the GFWL situation.

If I'm interested in a Uplay game I will only pick it up for less than $5. Of course I haven't been interested enough in Ubisoft titles to purchase one of their offerings for years. I am close with Blacklist though as I love the Splinter Cell series and The Division looks very interesting.

Didn't neogaf use to have a tradebot on steam? Something you can trade your useless crap to? I got 9 pages of just junk such as worthless coupons, steam gifts of F2P games, and ugly backgrounds that won't sell even for 1 cent. I'd like to clean that up a bit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't neogaf use to have a tradebot on steam? Something you can trade your useless crap to? I got 9 pages of just junk such as worthless coupons, steam gifts of F2P games, and ugly backgrounds that won't sell even for 1 cent. I'd like to clean that up a bit.

You're thinking of TrashBot.

I ask for nothing in the Steam Sale, but I'm sure I'll end up spending more than the £20 budget I've allowed myself. Most of that will probably be spent on gifts for other people, such as Mav.

He's a nice guy and he lives in that tough War Torn Turkey right now. He needs games to help him survive. Also Sajjajjjaaa he's a Canadian and likes Rush, so he needs some help too.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Trade them to Trashbot. Some scumbag will snatch them all in seconds and try to trade them for cards

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

According to isthereanydeal, yes. It's also a little tempting, but I'll pass for now.

It has actually been one euro cheaper at Humble Store according to isthereanydeal.

I use the US version of the site, and it doesn't appear to show Euro prices for the lowest price, it only does that in the "compare regions" tab. It also doesn't seem to count the prices in said tab in the price history :/

Did anyone save the Steam Sale GIF ver. of that scene? We had one from past sale threads but not sure which one :V

Well, I just provided source for a new one if they didn't. ;)

CAN'T STOP, STEAM SALES.

Wait, weeklong deals end on the 19th...It's happening!

And when Valve flips the switch and the dailies are things everyone already owns or some pathetic discount not worth of a daily, this is what will happen:

http://a.pomf.se/dvapau.webm

And yes, it was JaseC that messaged me as SteamGAF proceeded to self destruct because the sales weren't good. ;)

nexen

My real worry with Uplay is I love replaying games 10 or 15 years after they came out.

I just have my doubts Ubisoft continue supporting a platform indefinitely that they obviously care so little about. Reminds me exactly of the GFWL situation.

If I'm interested in a Uplay game I will only pick it up for less than $5. Of course I haven't been interested enough in Ubisoft titles to purchase one of their offerings for years. I am close with Blacklist though as I love the Splinter Cell series and The Division looks very interesting.

I share your fear.
But I love Tom Clancy games too much to boycott them. My top-10 games of all time list is always changing, but there are always a few Tom Clancy titles somewhere in there :\

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got it for 15 bucks from a Russian a few weeks ago. Nothing beats Putin

oh yeah?

Well Scorpion is cooler.... you know what? You know what?

reptile.jpg

MK 4 Reptile is cooler. Chew on THAT!

Sub Zero

Well, I just provided source for a new one if they didn't. ;)

CAN'T STOP, STEAM SALES.

And when Valve flips the switch and the dailies are things everyone already owns or some pathetic discount not worth of a daily, this is what will happen:

http://a.pomf.se/dvapau.webm

And yes, it was JaseC that messaged me as SteamGAF proceeded to self destruct because the sales weren't good. ;)

Holy shit, now I'm glad that I didn't pick up Colonial Marines on GMG last week

Volimar

I don't know guys. I think the awful humble bundles have lowered my expectations to the point where bad summer sales won't even bother me...

Sub Zero

I just want the Dark Souls Season Pass for at least -20%. Give it to me Gabe, aha aha

Ain't happening. First chapter won't be out till July so a discount is impossible.

However, I may hear Rhaknar's pleas and give away another copy
If he takes back the insults from his last post

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ain't happening. First chapter won't be out till July so a discount is impossible.

However, I may hear Rhaknar's pleas and give away another copy
If he takes back the insults from his last post

Scorpion_kill_Sub-Zero.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom