• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Does DmC have a NG+ mode or can I replay levels to get keys, doors, and souls I missed?

Yep, chapter select and all collectable progress is saved. You can see what you are missing on the chapter select screen too. There are some really great video guides done by PowerPyx to wrap them up.

The_Monk

Is that Halo 2 pic on MNs blog a tease?

Nice!

iX3vARll.jpg

_hekk05

Banned
Now if only Sony would follow suit. We need to have DualShock buttons as a standard alongside X360 ones.

I don't think the standard is likely to change. ABXY is too prevalent, with the 360/xbone/almost all 3rd parties all using it.

Would be great if games actually supported it though.

I can't help but feel that the best way to experience "walking simulators" (a shitty term but the easiest one to use atm) is with VR. I'm tempted to hold off on all of the ones I haven't played until I get a VR headset.

def sim

Once they have a wireless solution for the XBO controller, I'll probably switch over to using it by default. At least until Valve releases their controller next year.

I managed to get the tenpeat achievement on sf4ae using the 360 controller the other day and I'm ready to say good bye to it.

The_Monk

Would be a Megaton if you'd have Steam overlay popup in the lower right corner...

Don't you mean a pop-up like: GFWL 2.0: Knurek signed in

*runs* ;)

On a serious note, is there a list somewhere of recent games MS is putting on Steam?

Age of Empires II, Mythology, Halo Spartan Assault, Rise of Nations. I know I might be missing more.

What else is coming?
Fable Anniversary. Halo 1-3 or is it 1-4? Dead Rising 3, what more did I missed?

Grief.exe

Towing the company line

'GFWL will work for the foreseeable future, we are exploring other options.'

NRxwWqF.png

Once they have a wireless solution for the XBO controller, I'll probably switch over to using it by default. At least until Valve releases their controller next year.

I managed to get the tenpeat achievement on sf4ae using the 360 controller the other day and I'm ready to say good bye to it.

You will still need an analog controller even after the Steam controller is released.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Don't you mean a pop-up like: GFWL 2.0: Knurek signed in

*runs* ;)

On a serious note, is there a list somewhere of recent games MS is putting on Steam?

Age of Empires II, Mythology, Halo Spartan Assault, Rise of Nations. I know I might be missing more.

What else is coming?
Fable Anniversary. Halo 1-3 or is it 1-4? Dead Rising 3, what more did I missed?

Max & the Magic Marker 2 or whatever is MS funded, as is State of Decay. All of these games released so far have embraced Steamworks.

def sim

Towing the company line

'GFWL will work for the foreseeable future, we are exploring other options.'

You will still need an analog controller even after the Steam controller is released.

The button d-pad thing is fine by me! I primarily use charge characters.

Redrum_82

I'm pretty sure the steam controller can emulate an analog thumb stick (i.e. measure the distance between the point of contact and the center of the pad instead of the standard mouse-pad mode).

Don't know how comfortable or how precise it will be, but it could replace regular controllers completely.

Yes Sir. But do yourself a favor. I am going to try and see how much it works. If I still crash now and then, I would have to play it on Direct9.

Remove this fucking piece of shit update - KB2670838 for Windows 7.

Quoting this because it's so true.
I was getting random crashes in Lost Planet 1 because of that fucking piece of shit update.

So I got a new SSD today and I'm in the process of reinstalling drivers etc... I thought steam might help me so I used the check for video driver updates and it sent me here:

Steam Green

The old green still lives on!

_hekk05

Banned
Well then, DR3 is now coming to PCs. Frankly that kinda makes all the console exclusives suspect. Retaining hope for helldivers port

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DR3 is more fun than a bag of dicks, everyone should play it. Excellent game.

The_Monk

Also, regarding Dead Rising 3: It will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards and full game controller support.

Cool, are Capcom ports usually good?

they've been pretty great since DMC4. even the initially wonky RE4HD port has been tightened up and is considered by some to be the definitive version.

also, hope that DR3 coming to steam bodes well for GFW transitions to steamworks for DR2/DR2OTR. I want those and i want them for cheap!

rtcn63

XB1 controller worth picking up (on sale)? I'm using a PS3 one at the moment, and I only got to fondle it a bit at Best Buy before the hounds were let upon me. I have tiny hands.

Any of you guy and gals play A Story About My Uncle?
a-story-about-my-uncli6jzo.jpg

http://gonenorthgames.com/games/a-story-about-my-uncle/

A Story About My Uncle is reminiscent of games such as Gone Home and Dear Esther. It's narrated by a father telling his daughter a bedtime story about his adventures as he searches for his missing uncle. The game is setup by you finding a suit your uncle invented where you're then allowed to be teleported by your uncle's machine. Throughout the game, you'll hear the father and daughter speak mostly when something important happens. I found those moments to be pretty good, but sometimes the father's solo narration is a little bit iffy.

The main hook(pun intended) is that you traverse throughout the game using a grappling hook that comes along your new suit. It's essentially a first person platformer where you'll swing and hook yourself to solid objects. Similar to something like Bionic Commando. You'll find upgrades for your suit as well. They included: having more energy for multiple swings, 3 is the max, a "power" jump that allows you to get to further distances, an "energy pull" that allows you to pull energy from crystals to extend your grappling hook for long distances and rocket boots. Later in the game you'll find all these upgrades useful as some parts get quite tricky.

The game can be quite challenging in some spots so you can probably expect a good amount of trial and error. Once you get the hang of it, the game is really fun. I found myself almost parkouring some spots. There's a time trial mode for those who want to test there skills at getting through the levels as quickly as possible.

Overall, the game is quite enjoyable. The world is beautiful, it has a nice story to it and though somewhat difficult in spots, the gameplay is fun and challenging. I'd give it a try if you're into some of the games I mentioned earlier.

Here's a few pictures I took

Looks like a good game. I think I would enjoy the story telling style as it is different from the normal cinematic experiences many games are striving to achieve.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also, regarding Dead Rising 3: It will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards and full game controller support.

I'm really excited for Dead Rising 3. I love my Xbox 360, but there just haven't been that many compelling games come out for the Xbox One. Now that some of them are coming to PC, there really is no need to buy one.

Now if Square Enix would hurry up and announce Final Fantasy XV for the PC, I won't have any need for a PS4 either.

didamangi

Yep, chapter select and all collectable progress is saved. You can see what you are missing on the chapter select screen too. There are some really great video guides done by PowerPyx to wrap them up.

Yup, and the game autosave every time you pick one of those collectibles as well. So you can quit to the main menu right after getting the ones you've missed without having to finish the level.

I'm really excited for Dead Rising 3. I love my Xbox 360, but there just haven't been that many compelling games come out for the Xbox One. Now that some of them are coming to PC, there really is no need to buy one.

Now if Square Enix would hurry up and announce Final Fantasy XV for the PC, I won't have any need for a PS4 either.

Beast Souls (and maybe the Last Guardian if that is even a thing anymore) are pretty much the only reason I haven't sold off my PS4. Plus, i like playing the occasional fps online and prefer using a controller so stuff like BF4 i tend to get on consoles, even though my rig can handle it just fine.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

dark shadows army of evil -- MB-3AF6B8F72677E849 - Taken by Vastag
gearcrack arena -- MB-E7618CEBDF86298F

extras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom