• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

I'm really excited for Dead Rising 3. I love my Xbox 360, but there just haven't been that many compelling games come out for the Xbox One. Now that some of them are coming to PC, there really is no need to buy one.

The 360 was mostly a FORZA machine for me. If I would get the XB1 it would had the same destiny. FORZA & Forza Horizon is all I really want from them to be honest.

I'm happy to see Dead Rising 3 on PC but I'm also worried that it's going to be quite demanding. Either way I never chase the Top settings, as long it's playable and enjoyable I'm happy.

maty

Nice, DR3 announced for PC

Now they have to remove GFWL from DR2 so that I can buy it.

Games...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pid -- MB-0A4CDCEDAD942C81 - Taken by Kanhir
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-3EAB70AF5E6BC591 - Taken by Exuro. 4 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-A3211D7021276505 - Taken by MTE
Draw a Stickman -- MB-F714149121C759E0 - Taken by bronson. 1 entrants total.
Face Noir -- MB-5DBD0901EB0F0542 - Taken by Vince McMahon. 1 entrants total.
Fieldrunners -- MB-1BA40394108F71F1 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Revenge of the Titans -- MB-2FBA49D7C6657F01 - Taken by StAidan. 1 entrants total.
8-Bit Commando -- MB-BDBC189F4F6F83DC - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-3B9E4E3981F6E84D - Taken by didamangi. 4 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-86EA7A0245AF50F5 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-A3A4D965CF029040 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 1 entrants total.

t1401982541z1.png

Genki

All my Japanese exams are done! Have a couple of Japanese games:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half-Minute Hero -- MB-EC2E8A6211573321 - Taken by devo1989. 9 entrants total.
Satazius -- MB-C98EAFC384D777F6 - Taken by Scipius. 2 entrants total.

t1401982706z1.png

Ganbatte.

Well then, DR3 is now coming to PCs. Frankly that kinda makes all the console exclusives suspect. Retaining hope for helldivers port

eh. I still think their will be a lot of exclusives, but this is definitely a good step.

Also, regarding Dead Rising 3: It will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards and full game controller support.

if this is true, then bravo. I don't know how this quantifies in sales, but I have to imagine adding these things are a big help.

Now, just to hope the price point is in the $30ish range and that would be great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
if this is true, then bravo. I don't know how this quantifies in sales, but I have to imagine adding these things are a big help.

It is. That line is from the press release.

Now, just to hope the price point is in the $30ish range and that would be great.

X1 RRP is still $60 so I'd guess $50 the PC but with the inclusion of DLC.

Kiru

Now I'm in trouble choosing between Wii U or XBone Controller for PC. I think i won't get a Xbone in the future, but a Wii U very likely. The thing against a Wii U Controller is the higher cost due to the Mayflash adapter... :/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I tried twice to play Off the Record and it was not fun but I had a blast with DR1. I hope I can enjoy 3.

I was kinda put off it by how similar the campaign was to DR2 which I had spent a lot of time with. I'm not sure I'm gonna play it before GFWL dies, but hopefully Capcom saves it with the co-op.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Spamming my giveaway for a last time. Only a few hours left. Also once it ends another big one will probably follow

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Dark Souls II Season Pass -- MB-A15751B92E2304F2

t1401994338z1.png

Does DmC have a NG+ mode or can I replay levels to get keys, doors, and souls I missed?

Already answered, but yes.
Like all previous Devil May Cry games, DmC allows you to keep your character's abilities and collectibles and go back and replay chapters whenever you want.

I just did this myself for the Playfire rewards tied to all the collectibles.

Yes, Xbone controller drivers!

This does nothing for me. I'll stick with my DS3 and DS4. :)

I thought MS had forgot about the drivers for PC. Spencer is serious about supporting PC.

Drivers = serious?
If that was the case, there would've been drivers earlier than 7 months after launch. :p

I am surprised they haven't yet.

Exactly.

Now if only Sony would follow suit. We need to have DualShock buttons as a standard alongside X360 ones.

The controller pairs already as a d-input device. The only difference is that games are all using x-input as their standard so this is why something like SCP DS3 service is required. If Sony released "official" drivers, I don't think that would necessarily mean that we'd have the PS button prompts in games.

I hope I can restrain myself from going out and buying an XBONE controller until after MS' E3 presentation.

It shouldn't be hard.

I'm not. They seem completely unaware of people using it on PC.

Truth.

Cool, are Capcom ports usually good?

Yes. For the most part.
DMC4, DmC, RE6, etc. have all been good if not great.
Most of the problems with Capcom ports is GFWL.

Well then, DR3 is now coming to PCs. Frankly that kinda makes all the console exclusives suspect. Retaining hope for helldivers port

Well, yeah. If it's not 1st party. :) Your avatar change confused me, btw.

DR3 is more fun than a bag of dicks, everyone should play it. Excellent game.

I should think just about anything is more fun than a bag of dicks. A bag of dicks is usually negative in connotation.

Also, regarding Dead Rising 3: It will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards and full game controller support.

It says to join the conversation on steam... so I should hope it would have all those things like all the other recent Capcom ports.

XB1 controller worth picking up (on sale)? I'm using a PS3 one at the moment, and I only got to fondle it a bit at Best Buy before the hounds were let upon me. I have tiny hands.

No. Get a DS4 instead. :p

DR3 day 1 on PC:

Now both Below and DR3 is confirmed for PC, my most wanted Xbone games that are not on PS4.

Yeah, I'll be grabbing that Day 1 most likely. I was originally put off because it was an xbone exclusive -- but that trailer and being able to get it on my preferred platform? I'll support that effort. Now Capcom needs to remove GFWL from all it's old titles.

I tried twice to play Off the Record and it was not fun but I had a blast with DR1. I hope I can enjoy 3.

I never uinderstood why people played/wanted OTR. I never had any inclination to play it. But DR2 was really solid. I almost platinum'ed it on PS3, but I didn't have the patience to do the zombie genocider trophy.

It is. That line is from the press release.

X1 RRP is still $60 so I'd guess $50 the PC but with the inclusion of DLC.

I'd still be on board for $50. If it's $40 or less, it's a homerun, IMO.

Now I'm in trouble choosing between Wii U or XBone Controller for PC. I think i won't get a Xbone in the future, but a Wii U very likely. The thing against a Wii U Controller is the higher cost due to the Mayflash adapter... :/

Neither. Dual Shock 4.

Spamming my giveaway for a last time. Only a few hours left. Also once it ends another big one will probably follow

What's up with the fantastic giveaways, sir? :)

Dead Rising 3 is a really fun game, with some great effects that combined with the numerous IQ benefits on the PC should make for a real stunner. Maybe this time I'll go through it with coop, did a solo nightmare run on the One.

nexen

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the 'badges' pages in steam?
Both the client and the enhanced steam web page send me to my profile page whenever I try to go there.

Just want to idle some cards, man.

Both the client and the enhanced steam web page send me to my profile page whenever I try to go there.

I think Steam Community is wonky at the moment. I keep having the same problem you're having along with trouble viewing discussions.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
What's up with the fantastic giveaways, sir? :)

I've won quite a few stuff from here. All have been bundlegames but it doesn't matter. I don't have any spare keys from bundles to do a big giveaway that most of you guys are doing so I decide to give away big games once in a while as a thank you to the community

_hekk05

Banned
Well, yeah. If it's not 1st party. :) Your avatar change confused me, btw.

Apparently most of MangaGaf changes avatars once a month. I need to source more pics

I hope signing an exclusivity contract with PS4 or Xbone doesn't include a PC port. Would be great if its just timed exclusive. Some of them games interest me so
but their multiplayer better have server browsers

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'll forgive you... this time. :p
Sasha Romanov is in a good mood :3

Wonderful 101 didn't make you run out and get one? You're missing out.
I'll eventually buy a Wii U, and this one will be the first game I'll get.

*welp* Well in true to my form and test subject style I've joined the 4k (insert adjective here) race. Though it suddenly dawned on my that Windows is still shit for system wide DPI scaling. Fired up a custom resolution and yep Steam doesn't scale at all and looks bloody tiny. This is going to end in tears I can feel it :(

Oh well in for a penny, in for a pound.
Yeah, sadly W7/W8 DPI scaling isn't that great, I mean for newer stuff it works fine but older programs tend to be fucked up, you are better off setting a lower resolution than scaling to be honest (in this case since you are using 4K 1080p would scale perfectly)

^Unless that's a shitty Tetris game, I WILL GLADLY ACCEPT A TETRIS GAME ON STEAM!

Jase has TBs of Ronan images and GIFs, King Kong is but an ant and Tintin is but a molecule compared to it.
Now I want Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon/Planet Puzzle League on Steam, and that is never happening :(

This is probably the one reason I want a Wii U at the moment (since Betrayonetta 2 hasn't released yet).
Oh God, please tell me you are not one of *those* people D:

I'm not a fan of that gif as much, but the DK glare is pretty good too.
Why the hell is Metal Mario dancing like that and stopped in the middle of the track?
You should know, aren't all Mario Karts the same after all?

Now if only Sony would follow suit. We need to have DualShock buttons as a standard alongside X360 ones.
What's more annoying is that Sony did make drivers for the DS3 but never released them (they were in one of the leaked SDKs IIRC).

Would be a Megaton if you'd have Steam overlay popup in the lower right corner...
That would be awesome.

Hype.
Also, Summer 2014? Stealth release by Capcpom!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I've encountered this problem very, very frequently over the past few months. The vast majority of the time I either can't view my badge page at all or can only view it a few times before the redirection issue crops up again.

AHA-Lambda

For anyone interested there seem to be some decent deals on the Dark Souls 2 Season Pass on trading sites :)

To anyone who knows (i.e. JaseC) is this season pass restricted by region in anyway?

_hekk05

Banned
Dota 3. ;) I wonder if Half-Life 3 will surpass Skyrim's previous concurrent record.

Valve can't count to 3.

Also fail to see why we even need a dota 3. The reason we needed dota 2 was to escape WCIII Frozen Throne™ and its limited mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom