• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I like him better than dmc3 dante really, sure his design and his garbage bag jacket looks silly and I think the story is crap but his character was the least of its problems and he's quite a likeable character with some development.

They really messed up Vergil though, he's terrible.

NT did a great job and I think if Capcom outsourced them to make a new IP instead but kept that combat system, they would've gotten themselves a great new series, but they wasted their talent making a dmc clone with not much room on character design and the plot.

Yeah garbage bag jacked was the quest. Favorite costume was just him in the tank top.

Also story wise they at least did a better job than Capcom with DMC4. Game was more questions than anything.

Eh, I was just referencing the line from DmC. I'll agree to disagree on Nu Dante's personality though.

You are right that it's only a matter of time before someone makes a skin of him in DMC4 SE.

Hopefully it's not too long. Would like to play the game with it.

Third Strike Online Edition when?

never :(

I wreck with Q

dex3108

Man Arkham Knight has really low amount of graphical settings. It started good on my GTX 760 with locked 30FPS and 40-50 in cutscenes, then first fight happened and FPS dropped to mid 20s, then Batmobile chase and FPS dropped below 10.

This Graphic Settings menu is embarrassing for AAA PC game in 2015.

8B631D0D624EC9A7C84D3EFEC5330DE1CB2DD169

Tizoc

Morning GAF, so how's dat Batman Arkham Kni-

Well let's see what'll make it run at 60 FPS with good graphics, least the Batmobile carnage'll be fun, right?
Right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WB needs to stop outsourcing its PC ports or at least handball them to, say, Nixxes. Someone mentioned Bluepoint in the PC perf. thread, but it's never done a PC game so that seems like an odd suggestion.

baterism

For those who have played hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 1 I have a couple questions.

First time playing this, went to boot it up to see it a little bit (going to play after last final) and I see dlc text spam at the start, the dlc stuff is easy to find right? I mean like you can easily find it and not miss it correct?

Now anything I need to know, especially about leveling up and stats?

DLC stuffs that doesn't need quest to trigger are already on your inventory. Lots and lots of healing items I think. If you think being piss poor and get pounded by the bosses because of expensive healing items is the fun part of the game, then disable it before start playing.
DLCs also add some dungeons which essential to unlock some top tier gears/weapons/clothes. Also weapon DLC is totally broken. You need to trigger the event for the weapon, and fight a boss.
For leveling up fast, try to find monsters that give ton of XP with minimal effort. I don't remember what they are, but one of them is a Whale I guess.
It's quite grindy but I can complete the game in 62 hrs. The only game that I fully completed on Steam so far.

Getting clothes is the most time consuming parts.
Why do i have to see this only Yesterday 2 hours after the sale ends? I saw NEP on my discovery queue and thought "Man, this feature is stupid, it tells me about games I already own". And THEN I saw its Rebirth 2 :[

well, I have a consolation price with Agarest 2. I allready sunk hundred hours in Agarest 1 and zero, that Fucker.
I am sure Nep2 will be on sale again before Winter.

Tizoc

but dmc4se isn't out :(

hopefully I could get AK to run at 800x600 or something

Steam shows DMC4SE releasing in 9 hours' time though.
I'd still need to finish downloading/preloading it but otherwise I got 2 other games to play til they fix AK :V

Shadownet

Banned
The game just was preloaded like few hours ago and people are so impatient that they actually don't have the skills to wait for 1 or 2 more days for a patch.

Its like buying or ordering something from the store there is a delay and already they ask for a refund. Kinda of a joke.
apparently waiting for a fix take skills..

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
But, DAMN! I didnt know Re:Birth 2 was also out and now I missed out on buying it on sale :(
Me too. This is what happens when publishers don't make franchise packs and put them on the game pages.

Edit: Oh, different publishing situations between the original and sequel. Weird.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
it should work fine when the GOTY edition is on sale at 75% though right?

Shadownet

Banned
That comparison makes no sense.
I think somewhere in his twisted little mind. Its perfectly alright to pay for something and NOT expect a working, complete product that you paid for. On time.

Oh god I miss the old days of gaming where you buy a game and it actually run smoothly. Day 1 patch is a consider a norm now.

In about a couple of years, every games is going to have a, pre-order the beta pass! Only $25 and you'll get to test our game as it being make!
then buy the game for $60

Me too. This is what happens when publishers don't make franchise packs and put them on the game pages.

Edit: Oh, different publishing situations between the original and sequel. Weird.

Actually if one game of a series is on sale, the other games are also on sale. Thats how it has been since I can remember when the first steam sales started.

Tizoc

Can't wait for Mad Max now. Hurr hurr.

Oh damn....
Actually now that I think about it Moredoors ran fine on my laptop; I turned on the 30 FPS lock and had it run on High and it looked real good, no frame drops or any other issues.
That's likely why I expected the same with Arkham Kiwi, and for Mad Max.

Lain

I just bought the FF14 expansion on Steam and was preparing myself to go register shit and went to the Steam forum to see if I could just copy my old ARR installation over to Steam to cut on download times and all I learn instead is that my old account won't actually work with the expansion bought on Steam, as SE sees the Steam accounts and the windows accounts as two separate entities or something.
I'm really floored about this. I remember talks about not being able to use the expansion bought through Steam with the base game not bought through Steam, but I thought that was simply a case of, you know, installing the product, not a case of registering the product key.
Well, I'm gonna refund this shit.

Chariot

Just played for a bit, it's not as bad as expected, but by no means good. They take the fear theme really to next level, I was too scared to unlock 30 fps and so far it worked well, It ran steady even when in the batmobile, but I can't help to notice that things look iffy at times. And options where "Normal" is the highest level are laughable.
5360610DC672342E78BE7D9333ADA84B53D45E2B

This paper should really overthink it's headline font (look at it in full size)

Jawmuncher

I just bought the FF14 expansion on Steam and was preparing myself to go register shit and went to the Steam forum to see if I could just copy my old ARR installation over to Steam to cut on download times and all I learn instead is that my old account won't actually work with the expansion bought on Steam, as SE sees the Steam accounts and the windows accounts as two separate entities or something.
I'm really floored about this. I remember talks about not being able to use the expansion bought through Steam with the base game not bought through Steam, but I thought that was simply a case of, you know, installing the product, not a case of registering the product key.
Well, I'm gonna refund this shit.

Why Square is stuck in the Stone Age on this is beyond me. It's been confusing the player base for awhile now and still is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As per this client beta update last month, it seems that Steam now splits pre-loaded data depots into 1GB chunks that are deleted on-the-fly as they're unpacked. This means that you no longer need roughly twice the amount of free space available when pre-loading a game.

Corpekata

Banned
As per this client beta update last month, it seems that Steam now splits pre-loaded data depots into 1GB chunks that are deleted on-the-fly as they're unpacked. This means that you no longer need roughly twice the amount of free space available when pre-loading a game.

Damn wish I'd have known that before doing the shuffling of shit around dance with Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom