• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Machine unboxing

kartu

Banned
Xbone is not a 7790

"It's" a 7790 with 12 cu instead of 14 and 853 mhz instead of 1 ghz.

From a performance point of view is more similar to a 7770 Ghz than those other cards.

The overall hint was "consoles suck, they have so much slower GPUs".

Steam Box's 1k GPU only occasionally shows performance that is twice that of PS4's GPU (which costs what, 7 times less?), which is nowhere as big deal as the OP implied with ridiculous "4 times faster" claims.

TheD

The Detective
The overall hint was "consoles suck, they have so much slower GPUs".

Steam Box's 1k GPU only occasionally shows performance that is twice that of PS4's GPU (which costs what, 7 times less?), which is nowhere as big deal as the OP implied with ridiculous "4 times faster" claims.

The 4x faster claim was about the XB1's GPU, not the PS4's!

deleted

I'd like to see an RTS game played with it. I know it won't work well, but I'd like to see Starcraft or Warcraft 3 and Age 2 HD.

Oh, and SSFIV.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
The Last light Win vs. SteamOS comparison is off. Dude is running 4x SSAA on windows which absolutely murders fps.

Do we know what the quality slider enables and disables? I seriously doubt the max quality slider even enables SSAA.

The Last light Win vs. SteamOS comparison is off. Dude is running 4x SSAA on windows which absolutely murders fps.

Do we know what the quality slider enables and disables? I seriously doubt the max quality slider even enables SSAA.

Watch the vid to the end. He makes settings comparisons from 4:00 and later turns the Win settings a bit down. Linux version lacks tesselation, physx etc, but it seems the slider enables SSAA 2x?

TheD

The Detective
And even XB1 GPU is NOT that slow (link to benchmarks are on the previous page) not to mention it's "vs consoles" not "vs XBone" comparison in this context.

No, SneakyStephan expressly stated the XB1 GPU, not the PS4 GPU (which is not the same speed as the XB1 GPU) and the approx avg of the gaming benchmarks on the Anandtech GPU comparison page between a GTX Titan and a HD7770 is 3.2x.

SparkTR

The controller looks infinitely more interesting to me than the box or OS at the moment. If this means a sort of Xpadder equivalent built into Steam, and auto downloading of the highest rated community control config upon game launch, then this could take controller support of PC games further than even X-input and the 360 pad did.

I'd like some improvements, like backlights showing how the controller pad is divided.

Nymerio

From the impressions it sounds like there's only one sensitivity setting for both pads. I hope they fix this so there are separate sensitivities. One of the testers even mentioned that he got one pad working perfectly but that it made the other pad almost unusable.

Watch the vid to the end. He makes settings comparisons from 4:00 and later turns the Win settings a bit down. Linux version lacks tesselation, physx etc, but it seems the slider enables SSAA 2x?

I'm hoping that slider is just temporary and they'll put in full settings later...

Edit:
New Guy playing. He seems to be better at controlling the controller. He also goes over key bindings for each game which is cool.

VVVVVV

Metro Last Light again

Controller Layout Settings

Sensitivity Overview

Top Bottom