• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unai

I just found PC screenshot thread on gaming side, but rule about no Steam as screenshot host is huge deal breaker. I don't try to pretended that i'm artist and don't have Flickr or whatever account, almost always playing games as it is, without adding graphical filters and reshade, and can't see real difference between compressed and non-compressed screenshots. Is there any topic for Compressed PC Screenshots Without Photoshop?

Just upload them to abload.de. You don't even need to register an account. Also, there's an option on Steam to save an uncompressed copy of your screenshot.

Lain

Yoshida's cover art for Nier was worth it! Plus I get to install from disc instead of downloading from the internet and that's a damn good plus given my lame connection.

Edit: I take some of this back. Only part of the game got installed from disc, rest is downloading. 10 hours of download. Screw you SE.

Tizoc

It could be worse. That person could be doing anime game giveaways.
They arent any different

Yoshida's cover art for Nier was worth it! Plus I get to install from disc instead of downloading from the internet and that's a damn good plus given my lame connection.

Edit: I take some of this back. Only part of the game got installed from disc, rest is downloading. 10 hours of download. Screw you SE.
This is the case for vArioua other games not just s-e iirc

Lain

Take some pics!

My only photo taking machine is my vita, and I stored that away for good.

This is the case for vArioua other games not just s-e iirc

Yeah, I guess. I saw it start installing from disc and was hoping it'd do the whole thing, instead only installed 6 gigs.

Is anyone planning on getting Toukiden 2?
Fingers crossed for a good port.

Bought it but I'm not expecting a good port, at most a 1:1 with the console counterpart.
As long as it performs like Toukiden did for me I'll be happy though. Hopefully this time the game will work right also for people not on windows 7 64.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That can't be legitimate.

Not in the sense that they're publisher-sourced keys, no. Judging from the game's price on Steam and its selection of region-specific packages, I'd wager the keys will be lifted from physical copies intended for India.

Not in the sense that they're publisher-sourced keys, no. Judging from the game's price on Steam and its selection of region-specific packages, I'd wager the keys will be lifted from physical copies intended for India.

Pretty sure India isn't getting a physical copy of this game. But yeah, there's no doubt that they're reselling cheap retail keys.

Wok

A special thought for Xelios. Get better!

ss_4501ef149923d0b1b22c39491da2100b2710d7fd.1920x1080.jpg

data

A special thought for Xelios. Get better!

Legit question here, if Xelios got sick from an undercooked burger, how come people are able to eat steaks that are pretty much undercooked and raw ground beef (tartar, I think it was called)?

Wok

Legit question here, if Xelios got sick from an undercooked burger, how come people are able to eat steaks that are pretty much undercooked and raw ground beef (tartar, I think it was called)?

You can eat a raw steak if it is properly taken care of. I think you only get sick in two cases:
  • if the cook does not have proper hygien, 💧
  • if the meat is not fresh enough. 🍖
It it the same with eggs. You can only gulp them raw if they are really fresh. 🥚😮

data

You can eat a raw steak if it is properly taken care of. I think you only get sick in two cases:
  • if the cook does not have proper hygien, ��
  • if the meat is not fresh enough. ��
It it the same with eggs. You can only gulp them raw if they are really fresh. ����

Nice, the emojis make it really easy to understand. Thanks

With steak the bacteria is on the outer layer and so gets cooked off. With ground beef that bacteria layer gets mixed in so you can't kill the bacteria as effectively.

Aaron D.

With steak the bacteria is on the outer layer and so gets cooked off. With ground beef that bacteria layer gets mixed in so you can't kill the bacteria as effectively.

This.

It's because hamburger meat is ground ("open-air" bacteria is mushed into the entire package) , while steak only has bacteria on the outside surface.

Nzyme32

Serious Sam Fusion 2017 beta is up - if you own any serious sam games, you also own this

Serious Sam Fusion 2017 is a fresh build of Serious Sam games developed by Croteam!

The best part? If you own a Serious Sam game listed below you'll be getting a Serious Sam Fusion 2017 version of that game for FREE!

Serious Sam Fusion 2017 is also a central hub for existing (and upcoming) Serious Sam games that will enable seamless integration of new engine features, patches and upgrades.

Games available in Serious Sam Fusion 2017
  • Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - now available!
  • Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (coming soon)
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE (coming soon)
  • VR versions of all games will be a part of Serious Sam Fusion 2017, too!

Please keep in mind that this release of Serious Sam Fusion 2017 is currently in beta; you'll experience extreme violence, inexplicable joy, some sadness, sometimes all at once, and, how shall we put it... eeerm, occasional bugs. Please use the official discussions page to let us know. Thank you!

What does it do?
Serious Sam Fusion 2017 will enable a lot of cool new features, like a common workshop and cross-game mods. All of the games can be started from one application, so you can jump between playing The First Encounter level to a Serious Sam 3 level and back without exiting the game. When listing game servers, servers playing TFE, TSE, SS3 – will all appear in the same list and you can vote map across games if you want. Oh, and VR games will be able to be played in multiplayer together with their flat counterparts! Since there are so many changes and exciting new features, we'll just go ahead a list them here as bullet points.

Cool new features in Serious Sam Fusion 2017
  • All games now support SteamOS/Linux/OSX!
  • Split-screen!
  • 64bit executables
  • Support for Vulkan API (DirectX9 is now being removed)
  • Multithreaded rendering
  • The new "light-weight" savegame system - savegames are now saved much faster, are very small and stored in the Steam cloud, and savegames still work even if a level is changed in a patch, or if a mod is updated
  • Full support for all controllers including Steam controller, PS4 gamepads, all older DInput joysticks
  • Proper multimonitor support
  • Borderless window support
  • Customizable sound outputs
  • Proper 3D audio using a proprietary sound-mixer (the same approach as used in the old Classic games)
  • Improved physics engine with better handling of character movement
  • Texture streaming in all games
  • Much better modding support with customizable weapons and items, improved scripting (including better support for scripting networked games)
  • Lots of other improvements, optimizations and fixes

:*
Croteam

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just found PC screenshot thread on gaming side, but rule about no Steam as screenshot host is huge deal breaker. I don't try to pretended that i'm artist and don't have Flickr or whatever account, almost always playing games as it is, without adding graphical filters and reshade, and can't see real difference between compressed and non-compressed screenshots. Is there any topic for Compressed PC Screenshots Without Photoshop?
The rules are not difficult to follow and are there to maintain a bare minimum of quality. Is it that hard to make a the necessary changes so that you can participate?

gngf123

So how did the Play Asia pre-orders for Nier turn out? I was browsing the site and they have Syberia 3 available for a bit under $17 if anyone is interested.

http://www.play-asia.com/syberia-3-steam/13/70atqz

I'm going to be gifting away my PlayAsia copy of NieR when they finally send it out, because there's no sign of my copy so far.

Unless it's in like 2 months, then fuck it I'll cancel and give away the game when it goes on sale.

Also, #teammedium

Aaron D.

Medium Rare is SO GOOD tho.

Yeah, most upscale restaurants and steak houses won't even serve a good cut of meat past Med. (Seriously)

Even then they look at you like you're trailer-trash.

"Would you like ketchup with that Med.-cooked steak, sir?"

LOL.

#team_med-rare

Tizoc

I'm going to be gifting away my PlayAsia copy of NieR when they finally send it out, because there's no sign of my copy so far.

Unless it's in like 2 months, then fuck it I'll cancel and give away the game when it goes on sale.

Also, #teammedium

Likewise :p

Grief.exe

Yeah, most upscale restaurants and steak houses won't even serve a good cut of meat past Med. (Seriously)

Even then they look at you like you're trailer-trash.

"Would you like ketchup with that Med.-cooked steak, sir?"

LOL.

#team_med-rare

It's ironic that Trump takes his steaks well done.

The rules are not difficult to follow and are there to maintain a bare minimum of quality. Is it that hard to make a the necessary changes so that you can participate?
Well, uploading all my screenshots to some other site outside steam just to post them in specific thread on forum is not really useful in my opinion. Steam is good for screenshots storing and hosting, and i never saw any real complaint about compression from Steam side. Is there any side-by-side comparisons of non-compressed and steam screenshots? I'm just really curious from where this rule is coming from.

Arthea

Atelier Firis looks cool.

I know I shouldn't be annoyed but this, but I am.
They should fix the damn game, sort out why translation was applied this way and fix it, do something about performance while their at it, before doing bikini dlcs.

Wok

Well, uploading all my screenshots to some other site outside steam just to post them in specific thread on forum is not really useful in my opinion. Steam is good for screenshots storing and hosting, and i never saw any real complaint about compression from Steam side. Is there any side-by-side comparisons of non-compressed and steam screenshots? I'm just really curious from where this rule is coming from.

You might be interested in ShareX. It is really a matter of a few clicks to upload an image.

Utx6kUF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom