• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-A5EE5208047615B6 - Taken by Rockin' Ranger. 8 entrants total.

t1490084334z1.png

Was DLC for something I don't own, quote to see if it works for you.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok finished the first ending of nier and yeah, it gets better

story gets some stakes even if it's all kind of nonsense at the moment and it's all so unresolved i'm guessing the other endings are kind of where the game's gonna get serious

some cool shit tho, i liked it

Lanrutcon

So how legit is Hollow Knight? I really dig its hand-draw art, but is it quality... from start to finish?

TBF it's supposed to be a soap opera.

Hollow Knight is quality.

Only warning/criticism is the difficulty. Some of the later boss fights...oh lordy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So how legit is Hollow Knight? I really dig its hand-draw art, but is it quality... from start to finish?

It's very very good. I have other hyperbole terms for it but let's leave it at that.

Ascheroth

There's not really such a concept as "accurate yet" with SteamSpy. At any point, the current number is the result of averaging the sampling over the past 3 days -- once you understand that and interpret it correctly it's always "accurate".

This does mean that it takes at least 3 days to just catch up to pre-orders, which it has now, so its trajectory will likely flatten out considerably.
I wonder about that. It's still global top seller #1 right now.

Regardless, like you said earlier, those numbers are already better then every single Final Fantasy launch on Steam and with a cursory glance at SteamSpy and some armchair calculations it seems that it's going to make SE more money than any single Final Fantasy game did over lifetime so far, in its first week.
Crazy.

I wonder if someone at SE Japan is beating themselves up about missed opportunities right now.

Arthea

I wonder about that. It's still global top seller #1 right now.

Regardless, like you said earlier, those numbers are already better then every single Final Fantasy launch on Steam and with a cursory glance at SteamSpy and some armchair calculations it seems that it's going to make SE more money than any single Final Fantasy game did over lifetime so far, in its first week.
Crazy.

I wonder if someone at SE Japan is beating themselves up about missed opportunities right now.

I'm pretty sure FF14 brings them more money every month than Automata ever will, that's how SE thinks.

If you're dilly-dallying on getting NieR: Automata, best to get it now before the Day One Edition gets yanked.

Our best bud lashman coming through to help ya out!

In order words, you have until March 24th until the N:A Valve Character Pack that goes with the Day One Edition is no more.

So does that mean there will be no other way to get them after or they can add them later as standalone DLCs? Final Fantasy XV added all pre-order exclusive DLCs to the store recently.

zkylon

zkylewd
the valve thing is garbage anyways

the start of playthrough b is pretty interesting already

seems like this game will have some tricks up its sleeve after all

Durante

I'm pretty sure FF14 brings them more money every month than Automata ever will, that's how SE thinks.
If they thought like that they would need to stop releasing any single player games ;)

I hope that even for S-E, seeing a niche game like Nier make them at least 10 million USD on PC will make them reconsider their strategy.

If they thought like that they would need to stop releasing any single player games ;)

I hope that even for S-E, seeing a niche game like Nier make them at least 10 million USD on PC will make them reconsider their strategy.

I think it may not change for FF. But at least, it may allow them to consider Steam more. Fingers crossed for Dragon Quest XI and, I dare to hope so, KH 1-2-3.

liezryou

So i just recently realized that my 7600k (completely stock) paired with a M9i was hitting 63-64C while gaming with something not that CPU intensive (think like tales of berseria) and it was idling at 40C (monitoring via msi afterburner). I thought that was a little weird so i decided to open up speedfan to see what was going on. And in speedfan, the CPU temperature was showing only 42-43C while gaming and about 35C idling.

So does anyone have a clue what is going on?

Deques

If you're dilly-dallying on getting NieR: Automata, best to get it now before the Day One Edition gets yanked.

Our best bud lashman coming through to help ya out!

In order words, you have until March 24th until the N:A Valve Character Pack that goes with the Day One Edition is no more.

What does it contribute to the game? Are they just skins?

You forgot, ace combat and ni no kuni 2 werent confirmed for steam until months later
Let us harass them on twitter
Togetheeeeeeeseerrrrrrrrrrr

Although these are different cases since they were unveiled and only shown at Sony PSX Event, so the possibility is that Sony wanted to capitalize on mindshare by being silent on other games and only confirming PS4.
In that case, this is on Bamco's behalf, which isn't hesitant to confirm a Steam version for a game they announce themselves, like God Eater or Tales of Berseria.

Has anyone ever tried to get a refund from CDKeys.com? I know it said Mass Effect key would released on or before March 23rd but it comes out the 21st in most of the world (I am in Canada) so I assumed I would have a key by then. I mean its only 2 or 3 days after release but still annoying and the savings aren't that great.
Yep. There should be an email address in the contact section. I usually get a reply and refund within a few hours.

Man, I completely forgot about those dlc items for Nier, do you get them if you ordered from CDkeys? I've played for 4 hours and have no idea where they are.

Anyway, the sales the game is getting make me so happy. I wonder what kind of reactions this is getting, both at SE and PG.

Man, I completely forgot about those dlc items for Nier, do you get them if you ordered from CDkeys? I've played for 4 hours and have no idea where they are.

Anyway, the sales the game is getting make me so happy. I wonder what kind of reactions this is getting, both at SE and PG.

You should have them if your key activated as the 'day one edition'. You'll find them in game in the key items section of your inventory.

Ascheroth

Should be under Key Items.

Mivey

That would be about 280K at full price (60), if we assume VAT of 15 percent globally (not true, varies a lot) and the 30 percent cut of Valve. With 130K currently, that is probably doable in a month.

You should have them if your key activated as the 'day one edition'. You'll find them in game in the key items section of your inventory.

Should be under Key Items.

They are included with the CDkeys pre-order (I also have that).

Oh thanks, I'll check it out tonight. Pretty sure I have the day one edition, I just forgot all about those lol.

I'm really loving the game, I only wish I could run it a bit more fluently and the pop up can be an eyesore sometimes but other than that I really like the way it looks and the overall aesthetic.
Now that I've bought more weapons and increased the space for chips to customize the character I'm really getting into the gameplay.
Shame I didn't find the time to replay the first game but I'll to get to it at some point after beating Automata. I really want to revisit it, along with other last gen games I haven't played in a very long time like Catherine and MGS4.

Those Nier cards prices are crazy, i usually craft badges but it's more reasonable to sell them now. 8$ to craft regular badge and 30$ for 2B background, those thirsty animu fans are crazy. Sold my Nier cards for around 4$ and crafted Dishonored 2 badge, got fancy Emily Kaldwin background, no regrets.

Durante

That would be about 280K at full price (60), if we assume VAT of 15 percent globally (not true, varies a lot) and the 30 percent cut of Valve. With 130K currently, that is probably doable in a month.
I don't think it will get there in a month, but it will certainly get there eventually.

(Also, it just dropped to #2 in global top sellers on Steam, which probably indicates the SteamSpy curve flattening out between tomorrow and Friday)

I just found PC screenshot thread on gaming side, but rule about no Steam as screenshot host is huge deal breaker. I don't try to pretended that i'm artist and don't have Flickr or whatever account, almost always playing games as it is, without adding graphical filters and reshade, and can't see real difference between compressed and non-compressed screenshots. Is there any topic for Compressed PC Screenshots Without Photoshop?

KainXVIII

Blood Money sure looks good even today (and true widescreen hor+ support via fanmade patch, unlike wonky ps3 hd edition), also EAX 4 HD support 😀 Stuttering fixed by disabling ingame vsync and enabling fast sync (if you have nvidia card).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

mystery gift #1 -- MB-D0A015B91A427B70 - Taken by derFeef. 2 entrants total.
mystery gift #2 -- MB-7D58DD75FD1163F4 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
mystery gift #3 -- MB-5FF2D642E03E99F4 - Taken by NeoRaider. 1 entrants total.

t1490095734z1.png

Natty1

Blood Money sure looks good even today (and true widescreen hor+ support via fanmade patch, unlike wonky ps3 hd edition), also EAX 4 HD support 😀 Stuttering fixed by disabling ingame vsync and enabling fast sync (if you have nvidia card).

Looks great, what are you using for Anti Aliasing?
I tried using SGSSAA for it, but it makes the screen look really blurry (including the HUD elements).

KainXVIII

Looks great, what are you using for Anti Aliasing?
I tried using SGSSAA for it, but it makes the screen look really blurry (including the HUD elements).

Ingame MSAA 8x, but yeah, grass textures looks rough and SGSSAA looks to blurry. Maybe MrBonk from Guru3d forum will help, i already asked there 😀

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-5A4980E042882D7B - Taken by PARANO1A. 14 entrants total.

t1490106510z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom