• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, looks like I'm done with Wolf14 for the foreseeable future.

2014-05-24_00002ipjym.jpg

First Black Flag and now Wolf14. Games hate me. :(

Dr Dogg

Damn Jase that sucks. You have real bad luck with save files, I saw a few folks had a save corruption on PS4 but no one on PC until now. I'm picturing your current avatar is reflecting your mood right now.

JaseC

Damn Jase that sucks. You have real bad luck with save files, I saw a few folks had a save corruption on PS4 but no one on PC until now. I'm picturing your current avatar is reflecting your mood right now.

I wouldn't mind starting again but with Watch Dogs just a couple of days away now there's no point.

Li Kao

Uguu, I was in half a mood to try Tropico 4 and then I saw that wherever and whenever I bought the game, it wasn't the complete package. 12€ in DLC, and 75% off at that...
Well 10€ if I buy the complete pack. It's a pricey moment of curiosity.

I thought we dropped the whole she joke and replaced it with the 3ds joke? you cant use both, thats cheating

Incorrect.

Oh yeah!? Well:

VmjpfBE.gif

correct.

suda on steam feelsgoodman

Is there a guide somewhere about everything you should "double" to fix the QTEs at 60fps?

Or can you post your 60fps ini file for the rest of us? :)

I did it ! I beat the Smudge Demon ! it only took me an hour and a half, it was a matter of patience which I have little of, and the more I died the less I had, but in the end I prevailed, yay me !

Congrats.

gib shadows of the damned and the no more heroeses plz

Why do we want SotD again? We already have RE4.

edit: woops wrong thread

Did you think this was the 3DS thread again? ;)

Did you close my Steam chat window without reading it? Rude. :(

That is rather rude.

this is my chat window with you lover

9BYwSDK.png

probably BPM beta being dumb

Well, there's your problem. Stop using Big Dumpster FIre Mode and you'll be better off. ;)

I don't want this in my PC games! :(

They actually got me curious and I looked up the game, seems they planned Alan Wake: Night Springs but it got never released?

Me neither.
The nerve!

I am 50 ppp peasant :V

At least you know it. ;)

I wouldn't mind starting again but with Watch Dogs just a couple of days away now there's no point.

Very wise.

_hekk05

Banned
Yay I won Civ 5. Thanks Yakkue. Can't believe I'm the only entrant. US and EU must be napping

So I heard this game had DLCs that will make the game much better. Should I buy all of them or just buy brave new world

Dr Dogg

Just let me play Metro Redux already.

I'm hoping that this and more over 2033 get the recognition they deserve. Hopefully being feck all to play on the new consoles might make a few more peeps pick them up and not just squabble about them. Some of your pics you posted of vanilla LL look gorgeous.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wish Watch Dogs had a different release date so it would have unlocked for the weekend. :p

Just added more credit to the wallet. Transistor get!

_hekk05

Banned
I wish Watch Dogs had a different release date so it would have unlocked for the weekend. :p

Just added more credit to the wallet. Transistor get!

It unlocks in 3 days and 3 hours for me. Too bad I won't buy it

I need 2 and a bit more bucks on GMG to get full bore, and maybe 20 for transistor. Hopefully there'll be a 10% discount in summer sale or something.

JaseC

Ubi did update the unlock times... to the chagrin of everybody. Instead of the game unlocking worldwide on the 26th at 10am PT, the unlock dates are now:

AU/NZ: 2 days and 7 hours
America: 2 days and 14 hours
Europe: 2 days and 18 hours
Asia (excluding HK, JP and TW) and Europe: 2 days and 18 hours/3 days and 3 hours
Hong Kong, Japan and Taiwan: 1 month, 5 days and 3 hours

_hekk05

Banned
Ubi did update the unlock times... to the chagrin of everybody. Instead of the game unlocking worldwide on the 26th at 10am PT, the unlock dates are now:

Asia (excluding HK, JP and TW) and Europe: 2 days and 18 hours/3 days and 3 hours

I think its EU with 2 days 18 hrs, selected parts of Asia 3 days 3 hrs

legacyzero

Banned
I'm hoping that this and more over 2033 get the recognition they deserve. Hopefully being feck all to play on the new consoles might make a few more peeps pick them up and not just squabble about them. Some of your pics you posted of vanilla LL look gorgeous.

Yeah, truly amazing games.

I also hope that 2033 isn't an unoptimized mess like the original. Last Light was WAY better optimization-wise.

JaseC

When does the Steam sale traditionally occur? July? August?

Originally late June/early July but for the past couple of years it's begun mid-July, which has been great for Aussies since July 1st is when tax time kicks off, so if you got in quick you had your return in time for the sale.

Dr Dogg

Wait? The lands of koalas, kangaroos, cane toads, kiwi birds and sheep get a game unlock before the rest of the world? That's got to be a first.

Yeah, truly amazing games.

I also hope that 2033 isn't an unoptimized mess like the original. Last Light was WAY better optimization-wise.

2033 is waaaay more playable for me since Nvidia's DX11 optimising drivers came out but I'd love to see it on the refined Last Light version of 4As engine as that seems way better in performance and effects. Also hope the gameplay tweaks they mentioned in the PR make some of the encounters a bit more bearable.

Finished Dark Souls 2, loved every second. Took me around 39 hours. Favorite part: putting up a sign that said "Overwhelming but hole".

I got still one area to go that I didn't get to see and another I found hours ago but was just too though.

JaseC

Wait? The lands of koalas, kangaroos, cane toads, kiwi birds and sheep get a game unlock before the rest of the world? That's got to be a first.

BioInf and Tomb Raider unlocked at midnight here. I'm disappointed that's not the case with WD but at least it's not arriving late.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Steam appears to have patched the loophole that allowed individuals with press accounts to "buy" multi-packs (for free, as everything is for press accounts) and give the spare copies to other people. Bummer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
what?
You approve of piracy?

I don't view a press account getting free games as piracy, so I don't view a press account getting a finite number of extra free copies for specific games that offer the option as piracy either? Given the amount of time that the thing existed for, I assumed it was intentional. Given that they've removed the functionality, I'm guessing it wasn't. Given that they haven't removed games gifted in this way when they easily could, I'm guessing they consider it a "no harm, no foul" situation.

If somebody wanted to pirate a game, they'd pirate it.

Dr Dogg

BioInf and Tomb Raider unlocked at midnight here. I'm disappointed that's not the case with WD but at least it's not arriving late.

Yeah a few things unlocked in the UK at bizarre times much to the annoyance of others on my friends list. Footy Manager and Total Wars games are understandable seeing as they're massively popular on these shores as well as made here but when Resi 4 unlocked here early I got some grumpy people messaging me.

So then any Australian VPNs worth a look in to unlock this a bit earlier? I wonder if Uplay will get in the way though if it hasn't unlocked in your region?

Edit: Saying that there's no CD key available on my account yet either.

wow. why is HK and TW delayed so much? most people i know from these two countries can speak fluent english anyways
My guess is localization, for the console version, and they move the PC version back to match the date.

Edit: To elaborate, you can get the English version on May 26th just like every other country(on console), the localization will be done by Ubisoft's team here in Taiwan, and for some reason they can't get it done before the release date, hence the delay. And the reason why console people can get the English version early while the PC gamers can't is because...well, it's Ubisoft.

Mrbob

Is there a way to do giveaways with games already in my Steam inventory? I can't find a way to see what the key number is.

Dr Dogg

Steam appears to have patched the loophole that allowed individuals with press accounts to "buy" multi-packs (for free, as everything is for press accounts) and give the spare copies to other people. Bummer.

Don't some publishers give out multiple keys for multiplayer or co-op focused games? I can see why it would be removed if it was being exploited but something like say Frozen Synapse is about 10% single player content and 90% multiplayer modes and challenges so I'd say it would make sense to give more than 1 key before general release.

Teeth

Is Injustice Ultimate Edition worth $7.50?

Am I better off getting Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition?

Street Fighter is the better technical fighting game by far, but Injustice has a fun single player mode. Street Fighter uses GFWL, which is dying in a month, so you may experience big problems there.

EDIT: Capcom doesn't seem interested in patching out GFWL from the PC Street Fighter 4 games because they have an upgrade path to Ultra SF4, which appears to use Steamworks for online/DRM. So SF4:AE may stop working when Microsoft shuts down the GFWL service and you'll be forced to pay $15 to upgrade to Ultra just to play online.

I am wrong and an idiot. My apologies.

JaseC

Is there a way to do giveaways with games already in my Steam inventory? I can't find a way to see what the key number is.

Send the gift to your e-mail address and use the redemption URL as a key. You can chop off the ?redeemer portion so you're not sharing your e-mail address.

So then any Australian VPNs worth a look in to unlock this a bit earlier? I wonder if Uplay will get in the way though if it hasn't unlocked in your region?

Edit: Saying that there's no CD key available on my account yet either.

FlyVPN should work fine. Usually I don't recommend it for Steam due to its 20-minute session limit, however since there's no Steamworks functionality this doesn't really matter, plus you can just switch to Offline Mode to preserve the unlocked status.

wilflare

Europe: 2 days and 18 hours

The game and digital deluxe set aren't on Singapore store either (only the season pass). had to buy the game from the US store for my friend.

MUnited83

For you.
Street Fighter is the better technical fighting game by far, but Injustice has a fun single player mode. Street Fighter uses GFWL, which is dying in a month, so you may experience big problems there.

EDIT: Capcom doesn't seem interested in patching out GFWL from the PC Street Fighter 4 games because they have an upgrade path to Ultra SF4, which appears to use Steamworks for online/DRM. So SF4:AE may stop working when Microsoft shuts down the GFWL service and you'll be forced to pay $15 to upgrade to Ultra just to play online.

This is wrong. The GFWL keys have been whitelisted and can be activated on Steam now, and the game is getting Steam Achievements. The steamworks patch is pretty much certain at this point.

rjc571

Banned
Has anyone gotten the Max Brotherhood demo to work? When I try to run it it crashes immediately. Tried disabling D3DOverrider, didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom