• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

3QTlZtI.png

uhh

2 complaints about the Witcher so far : it doesn't auto save on meditation/fast travel and the text is so damn small and doesn't stay on the screen long enough for me to read shit.

Half the time I don't even know what my quest rewards were.

That's a soft yes
Did the console versions restrict the PC version?

"If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3 as it is," answers Marcin Iwinski, definitively. "We can lay it out that simply. We just cannot afford it, because consoles allow us to go higher in terms of the possible or achievable sales; have a higher budget for the game, and invest it all into developing this huge, gigantic world.

"Developing only for the PC: yes, probably we could get more [in terms of graphics] as there would be nothing else - they would be so focused, like if we would develop only on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. But then we cannot afford such a game."

Sounds about right.

Seems like the options were a high visual quality game that doesn't exsist or a 'lower' quality game that we ended up getting.

It just goes to show that showing your game too early has its problems, mainly that games rarely stay the same shape and form for longer than a couple of years. Rare is the game that's shown early that hasn't seen major shifts in design, art directions, tone, or gameplay.

Just do what ubisoft does (well, not counting watch dogs) and show the game a year out but do a stupidly intense marketing and or campaign during that time.

Tenrius

In case you were wondering how TW3 performs on a laptop with a measly 750M that tends to overheat very quickly, I can only get about 7-8 FPS at the lowest settings. This is still somewhat playable (and even looks pretty good), but I think I'll wait till I get around upgrading.

rtcn63

In case you were wondering how TW3 performs on a laptop with a measly 750M that tends to overheat very quickly, I can only get about 7-8 FPS at the lowest settings. This is still somewhat playable (and even looks pretty good), but I think I'll wait till I get around upgrading.

So about as playable as Dragon's Dogma is on PS3.

Hahaha. Playable my ass.

--

Speaking of witchering... I'm going braindead fighting endless harpies in chapter 2 cause I need cash. :\

Chariot

I can't even live with sub 20, but less than 10? I wouldn't even play minesweeper with that framerate.

Tenrius

So about as playable as Dragon's Dogma is on PS3.

Eh, DD wasn't that bad. There were pretty bad dips, sure, but you'd normally get a stable, err, 20-25 FPS most of the time.

Hahaha. Playable my ass.

--

Speaking of witchering... I'm going braindead fighting endless harpies in chapter 2 cause I need cash. :\

Well, I played through the entirety of The Witcher 2 at about 15 FPS four years ago, on my previous laptop. 52 hours of perseverance, I almost feel like a real life witcher after that.

rtcn63

Eh, DD wasn't that bad. There were pretty bad dips, sure, but you'd normally get a stable, err, 20-25 FPS most of the time.

I was just being hyperbolic. I played the game for a few hours, but the low graphical fidelity and framerate was too much. I hope Capcom listens and releases a next-gen port sometime in the next decade.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Egg Returns Home -- MB-19D6BBECEC1B96D5 - Taken by Blu(e). 7 entrants total.
BoxesWithGuns -- MB-5E5D3E67E64E7224 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Spoko and Poko -- MB-84FBDFA34CB2BDCF - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
Isaac the Adventurer -- MB-EE5EE2BFB8F405E4 - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Slinki -- MB-8EA1D4B524B2C209 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Eidolon -- MB-D11FA8736F242ADB - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
NaissanceE -- MB-A977C7232F0412A9 - Taken by Natty1. 8 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! -- MB-E0BE062910B56564 - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
Magnetic by Nature -- MB-AE017255E94ADDD9 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Quest for Infamy -- MB-B5290A34244ACD7B - Taken by Cyldman. 2 entrants total.
Analogue: A Hate Story Game and Soundtrack Bundle -- MB-6A0815C0074A20CF - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 3 entrants total.
Rotieer -- MB-C41332285617CFCD - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
Sirius Online -- MB-90F205CCFBDB3F20 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Metal Dead -- MB-A6182FECE3064A93 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
The Last Door: Collector's Edition -- MB-76CDEC3F704B4D3A - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Platypus -- MB-0B1EC81F9DFDCDC8 - Taken by Akuosa. 1 entrants total.
Long Live the Queen -- MB-85CE2C765ADECC1B - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.
Metrocide -- MB-1ED7961894C827AC - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
Trainz Trouble -- MB-6A9B3D40069F90BF - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 2 entrants total.
Hate Plus and Soundtrack Bundle -- MB-FA76AC6048AF9E2B - Taken by Catshade. 5 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-664845C0B5D94E02 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Pier Solar & the Great Architects Plus Soundtrack -- MB-77DC3C2F6BFAFF80 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 15 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-A0B48F7AEEB0922D - Taken by Khilandros. 2 entrants total.
Retro/Grade -- MB-3CDBDF35D6280BE4 - Taken by shockdude. 1 entrants total.

t1432175949z1.png

L.O.R.D

Nabs

Just spotted a GOG key for Broken Age in my Humble Library. I don't know if it's new, but check yours if you're a backer.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Anyway, Witcher 1 is a lot of fun. So much to see and do in the first town Vizima. And I haven't even entered the real town, only been exploring the outskirts.

"Romanced" already several ladies. To my surprise I didn't even had to do much. They are surprisingly thirsty for Witchers.

What I like is that I can go into buildings. Rather not though the shrieking sound effect upon entering and leaving. The heck were they thinking?

Helps that the game looks pretty good as well.

I'm glad you're posting this Witcher 1 stuff. Those screens of Kaer Mohren yesterday were neat, because you get to go back in TW3 and the layout is more or less the same and those murals are actually still there but in shabbier condition. I was sort of hoping Geralt would pipe up with 'Oh yeah, I killed a giant bug here once didn't I?' or something, but I didn't have any plot or quest related reason to be there yet, so maybe he will later. Nice touches between the games anyway.

Dsyndrome

I'm gonna be the only one playing LiS this weekend with the rate y'all are going. Have <4hrs in Witcher 3, but I want to get more time in and power through LiS Saturday or something. All your spoiler tags are like a red button staring at me.

I'm gonna be the only one playing LiS this weekend with the rate y'all are going. Have <4hrs in Witcher 3, but I want to get more time in and power through LiS Saturday or something. All your spoiler tags are like a red button staring at me.

Won't touch Life is Strange until it's complete. Same as I do with just about every other episodic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom