• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Well, uninstalled Lego Batman Beyond. Really, the game was nothing but boring.
I enjoyed a lot Lego Lord of the Rings, while I had mixed experiences with other Lego games (some were funny, some were nothing, even if I didn't play all of them, of course, just a bunch, like Batman ones, Marvel and the Hobbit), but Beyond really is boring as hell.

zkylon

zkylewd
honestly i was kind of looking forward to playing some more gta but this trevor crap really soured my experience

really boring desert wacky nonsense and i get the impression all of this is supposed to be cool or funny but it's definitely neither and i'm confused who it tries to appeal to

PaulSane

What's up with these late announcements? I understand that they probably don't have any budget to PR this game, but at least it would get some word of mouth if it was announced earlier, like Senran Kagura for example. Still, to the wishlist it goes, i'll probably buy it tomorrow too >_>

shit man i was only counting on senran kagura with my gems. how can i decide what waifu cards I invest in now?

Also, what a surprise last hour announcement lol

Why not both? :) I also stockpiled gems in anticipation of SK release, and i actually have enough to consistently craft booster packs for both games for a week, and invest those profits into more gems so that they would be marketable by the time i need them. Now it's only a question of whether backgrounds and emoticons are worth gambling for right away, or is it better to sell cards while they are most expensive, and leave badge crafting for later.
I tried crafting badges for Neptunia U right away, wasn't really worth it - very few people bought backgrounds at high prices, and those prices dropped really fast.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have a 270X and I don't remember to see any glitches prior 1.20 patch.
It's just the horse, so I guess I need to find out what file is the horse and delete it so it can get replaced. Don't want to download the whole game again.

Anyone want to go part in on the Bundlestars Lego bundle? I only want Batman 3 and Jurassic World. Managed to get another Jurassic World in the cart so US$3.33 or whatever you want.

Haunted

In a surprising twist, I'm checking more tech sites instead of straight up gaming news today because I need to fucking know when those custom GTX1070s are available to purchase.

I've never even heard of Computex before this year and now I'm F5ing related news sites. >_>

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derExperte, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

American Truck Simulator -- MB-3315A48D8E33CBEC - Taken by Purkake4. 57 entrants total.

t1464728470z1.png

Adnor

Banned
I'm here to report that Blood and Wine is cool.

And now I'm going to bed because I lost time playing and it's already 5 AM.

Wok

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/UF9vr/free-operation-caucasus/search?page=3

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/UF9vr/free-operation-caucasus/search?page=2#JMwgGKR

Very interesting, it seems those people are refusing to give keys to gay people and it seems in the game there are islamist messages in the game.

Dunno if it's worth a thread.

It sounds like some simplistic complotist views of Middle Eastern situation.

Since all of world's oil is going to run out by the middle of the twenty first century, world renowned oil companies are setting up bases in oil-rich countries without the knowledge of the states. Ever since the Caucasus became one of the world's biggest oil exporters, the United States launched the Operation Caucasus in order to bring the oil from that region to North America. The "butterfly" group is being payed to execute the mission, since the job must be clean and must be done instantaneously. The members of the "buttefly" group, Victor, Connor, and Chris, are ordered to go on the island and are told that the backup will arrive afterward.

This would be gold if it was not sad:

Dream Games: Yep. You are following a religion?
Tincup_the_Middleman: My beliefs are none of your business.
Dream Games: No. I just want to know it.
Tincup_the_Middleman: If you knew how to properly read in English you would know what it was I mentioned in my review about religion.
Dream Games: you mean, league of legends?

Tellaerin

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/UF9vr/free-operation-caucasus/search?page=3

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/UF9vr/free-operation-caucasus/search?page=2#JMwgGKR

Very interesting, it seems those people are refusing to give keys to gay people and it seems in the game there are islamist messages in the game.

Somebody posted a link to a gleam.io key giveaway for that earlier.

Not long ago, I said I couldn't understand why anyone would ever want to have a game removed from their library.

After reading that link you posted, I think I've found an exception.

Jawmuncher

Didn't know Onechanbara was coming to steam. It's totally a C tier Japanese so unless you enjoy that sort of stuff I wouldn't bother. I bought it for 20 on PS4 and thought that was fair. It's kind of repetitive, drags, and the story is total nonsense. But the combat is fun.

It's kind of similar to Senran Kagura, but I would say the difficulty is higher and the levels are far longer.

Endruen

Xanathus

The only "proof" that they don't give keys to gay people is ONE SINGLE comment by a person who requested a key on Facebook who has a rainbow avatar, and s/he did not receive a key. You might as well say the devs are catphobic if you did not receive a key after requesting one and you have a cat avatar.

Ludens

Banned
The only "proof" that they don't give keys to gay people is ONE SINGLE comment by a person who requested a key on Facebook who has a rainbow avatar, and s/he did not receive a key. You might as well say the devs are catphobic if you did not receive a key after requesting one and you have a cat avatar.

In fact I wrote "it seems", read the full link I posted.

Am I... Missing the proof here? Like, this seems like it might be the commenter jumping to a conclusion or trying to start something. If there's messages in the game, that's one thing, but I see nothing on that. I don't like to jump to conclusions because of random user comments just saying so, because to be frank some definitely want to start something sometimes.

In fact I oly posted the link saying the whole fact is interesting, I didn't opene a thread about because there are no actual proofs.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Am I... Missing the proof here? Like, this seems like it might be the commenter jumping to a conclusion or trying to start something. If there's messages in the game, that's one thing, but I see nothing on that. I don't like to jump to conclusions because of random user comments just saying so, because to be frank some definitely want to start something sometimes.

mp1990

Banned
I find that I should replay Toom Braider 2013 as a matter of principal since I'm going through UC1-3 atm.
The game loses a big chunk of its appeal on a second playthrough. Despite me still believing it's leagues ahead compared to the first three Uncharted games, lots of problems that may have been overlooked in a single run get visible when replaying it, like the writing being UNBELIEVABLY bad and setpieces not being all that fun in general (although that might be a side effect of replaying those "cinematic" games). Still, I think that it's a good idea to replay it in conjunction with the Uncharted series, for comparison's sake.

Endruen

Did you check the links? Look at this screenshot:
tru0YgE.png

MUnited83

For you.

the one talking about the islamic messages yeah, i think he might be reaching.

The homophobia is clear as day though.

Jawmuncher

I thought the uncharted 2013 writing was bad from the get go. Was by far my biggest complaint with the game, much like uncharted 3. I could care less about being on the island and trying to save my friends due to how shitty it all was.

ROTTR was a step up, I mean not huge or anything. But I at least wanted to get to the end to see how it played out.

Knurek

I thought the uncharted 2013 writing was bad from the get go. Was by far my biggest complaint with the game, much like uncharted 3. I could care less about being on the island and trying to save my friends due to how shitty it all was.

Uncharted 2013 is still miles above Uncharted 4.

derFeef

That Payday 2 news got me reminded that I catually enjoyed it a bit at launch, but lack of people/buddies made me drop it quickly. Going back won't be different I guess... how is the community? Playing with strangers a good idea?

derExperte

That Payday 2 news got me reminded that I catually enjoyed it a bit at launch, but lack of people/buddies made me drop it quickly. Going back won't be different I guess... how is the community? Playing with strangers a good idea?

P1 was great with randoms, P2 not so much because it's more about leveling up and earning money as fast as possible. But if you keep to the lower difficulties I don't think it's too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom