• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
Because Activision doesn't want to pay Valve a 30% cut of each sale?

Because Destiny and Overwatch are two very different games and can probably co-exist without that much cannibalization?

Because platform might not matter much when it comes to cannibalization, because most people on Battle.net are probably already on Steam anyway so it's not like moving the game "off" Battle.net wouldn't actually make any sort of difference on that metric?

Because it makes it easier for them to do cross-promotions like the one they are doing now between HotS and Overwatch that might actually lead to increased sales overall, or make it easier to re-engage players so they can capture more money via loot box sales?

Those are all valid reasons, but do they offset the lost sales from not having the game on Steam? Steam is a store, the Blizzard client is a client. To compare, EA thought they were on to a winner with their move away from Steam, and whilst it probably hasn't hurt them as much as we think, it'll still have lost them some sales. I think doing what Rocket League has done in China is maybe the best possible move in something like this? Sell a game on Steam, get a following, then move that following onto a different platform.

Tizoc

GAF is weird - like even using a seemingly innocent adjective would cause fanboys to come at you and lecture you about technicality lol

lmao what a scum

glad I'm not getting most of their newer games
No interest on stelatis that is part of the current humble monthly?

Majukun

anyone tried beholder and can tell me if it's good?
it's the only game in the second tier of the humble bundle that interests me

madjoki

Bundle Stars has another Bundle Fest until next Wednesday.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/deviant-bundle

$1.00 / C$1.39 / 1,09 € / £0.95
- The Marvellous Miss Take
- PONCHO
- Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
- Ratz Instagib
C$3.79 / $2.79 / 2,99 € / £2.59
- Lumini
- Kromaia
- I Want To Be Human
- One Upon Light
- The Land of Eyas
- Fist Slash: Of Ultimate Fury
$5.99 / C$8.19 / £5.49 / 6,49€
- Conga Master

Ladekabel

- PONCHO
- Ratz Instagib
- Lumini
- Kromaia
- I Want To Be Human
- One Upon Light
- The Land of Eyas
- Conga Master

Convince me to get an higher tier than the first because the only thing interesting me is Deadly Premonition. How are Poncho and Miss take?

Aaron D.

anyone tried beholder and can tell me if it's good?
it's the only game in the second tier of the humble bundle that interests me

I can recommend it.

It reminds me of Papers Please, thematically. Has a drop-dead gorgeous presentation.

Be warned though, it's pretty dark. Like really dark.

- PONCHO
- Ratz Instagib
- Lumini
- Kromaia
- I Want To Be Human
- One Upon Light
- The Land of Eyas
- Conga Master

Buncha games there on my wishlist, bought at the second tier. Heard very good things about Lumini.

Hektor

Scream Season 1 Episode 3 is peak NeoGAF gamingside

A nerdy virgin ends up banging the hottest girl in school by talking with her about the greatness of the last of us

Endruen

Chrono.gg heads up.
6zbBRby.png

Let's see if they're interesting games, I have +8k coins laying around.

Grief.exe

Just clicking around in Steamdb and I noticed that companies can do HD icons now.

Here is Black Desert and Half-Life 2 respectively

d5f6888a790262ebca639f6eb8fedcfc9f24f268.ico
85c721efacb1b0903fa11e993291c33da8f643d1.ico

Grief.exe

Nice. Maybe I'll try it out at some point.

It's B2P 😬😬😬😬😬😬

I did just watch a review on the game and it looks interesting. Action combat with combo system instead of endlessly clicking a hotbar and some sandbox elements in trade, crafting, and housing.

Maybe they are pushing hi-res assets for the new client.

I don't know how long this has been implemented, so it may be old and I'm only just realizing it. Icons used to be ubiquitously tiny 32x32 pixels.

Endruen

It's B2P 😬😬😬😬😬😬

I did just watch a review on the game and it looks interesting. Action combat with combo system instead of endlessly clicking a hotbar and some sandbox elements in trade, crafting, and housing.
I just want it for the character editor if I'm honest, the free demo was great.

Endless Space 2 is out!

Released a day early thanks to the community solving an ARG thats been going on for the last few weeks. If you enjoyed any of Amplitude's other titles I'd highly recommend checking this one out.

Edit : Just in time.

Rockpapershotgun's Wot I Think:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/18/endless-space-2-review/

es2recommends.jpg

Like its predecessor – definitely Endless Legend and not the first Endless Space – it's a bold attack on the more staid elements of the 4X multiverse, full of character, weirdness and ambition.

Amplitude have crafted a game that oozes character and charm out of every pore. With its faction-specific soundtrack, lavish art and light RPG-like quests, it's hard not to fall for it. Character doesn't just mean flavour, either. Sure, Endless Space 2 is full of that, but what's most compelling is the way in which it intersects with the mechanics, elevating them both.

Rafy

Guys I am having some weird problems with Steam. Two days or so ago when I would try to download games it would start at 30Mb/s and then drop to around 450kb/s. I checked my ports, changed download region, restarted my modem, cleared download cache, but nothing seems to be working.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Regular downloads through the browser work just fine. Downloads through FTP and P2P work just fine too. It's only downloads through the Steam client that are slow as hell.

Leftovers from the new Bundle Stars bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fist Slash: Of Ultimate Fury -- MB-7B9F06789C40610D - Taken by sadblob
I Want To Be Human -- MB-20F1D5C49008E67A - Taken by Kifimbo
Kromaia -- MB-F150B68DE808E022 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Ratz Instagib -- MB-5EA521247BB01A13 - Taken by data

Tonton

Already played Trails FC. And as amazing as Fata Morgana is supposed to be. The artstyle is appalling to me.

WTF the artstyle is the best part

Ok it's behind the story

...ok it's also behind the music

But it's really good

Go play Trails SC and then 3rd if you haven't

man fata morgana still has no negative reviews, slay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom