• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Chrono.gg heads up.
6zbBRby.png

Let's see if they're interesting games, I have +8k coins laying around.

I've got 7,600+, so I could afford both. About what time do they usually add the new games?

Grief.exe

Oxygen Not Included just went Early Access, it was pre-EA before. This is the type of game that would consume my soul.

EDIT: That's interesting. transitioning from pre-EA state to EA allows them to purge their user reviews.

Nabs

Oxygen Not Included just went Early Access, it was pre-EA before. This is the type of game that would consume my soul.

EDIT: That's interesting. transitioning from pre-EA state to EA allows them to purge their user reviews.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/457140/announcements/detail/1265920871258063065

Alpha Appreciation

Hey everyone!

As we enter Early Access, the Alpha price of $19.99 will be retired and the base price will become $24.99. In addition to this, we will be providing a 20% loyalty discount for all Klei game owners, so for these players the game will continue to be $19.99.

However, while adjusting the prices, we realized that certain currencies had odd Steam pricing tiers that were non-linear, and in conjunction with loyalty pricing, we found that Early Access players could end up getting the game cheaper than our Alpha fans.

We think that’s not great, as we really appreciate players taking the chance on us for Alpha. Thus as a thanks for supporting us, we will be providing a free gift for ALL our Alpha players.

On July 12, all players who purchased the alpha version of the game will be given the opportunity to choose a gift from a selection of our top selling games. If you already own all of the games (thanks for your support!) then you will be able to choose a gift box containing rare Don't Starve Together skins, with a guarantee of at least 1 elegant skin. This offer will only be available to Alpha players who purchased the game at the original price and will not apply to purchases made during Early-Access.

We will have more details about this offer when it’s available. For now, you can head over here [oxygenalphagift.klei.com] and let us know if you would like to be notified when your gift is ready.

Thank you so much for playing Oxygen Not Included, your feedback has been amazingly helpful!

I like Klei.

Annubis

I only know they don't delete WoW accounts, can't say about FF14, as I don't know SE policy about this.

For some reason, I though FFXIV was made by Blizzard this morning...
Also, I feel like shit and decided to stay home and not go to work.

I think I made the right call given my previous mental prowess of today.

Corpekata

Banned
Too many games coming out of EA or out in general that I was expecting way later. Endless Space 2, Mages of Mystralia both games I expected months later.

Kssio_Aug

I've just finished Trine, another game that was in my backlog for a loong time. It was a really cool game that, for some reason, I have totally ignored in the past.

Really appreciated the game except for one single level. It was the last one. I hate levels where you have a time-limit or it forces you to flee from something, except when they're resumed for just a very short part of the level, or when you have some checkpoints along the way so you can retry.

The game was really easy (but always fun) to play till that last level. Than it totally changed the way they approach at you, with very cheap obstacles, no checkpoints (except at the very end) and with a lava raising through the level just so you hurry. Not fun... specially at the last level when the game never hinted to this kind of challenge. =/

Finished it on my 1st run though. My mage and my knight both died very soon into the level, but somehow I managed to make all the way up just with the thief. lol

Anyway... I'm interested in playing Trine 2. But before I start I'd like to know is if there is another cheap level like this! Is there?

Pixieking

Banned
If we're shilling Devolver products, everyone buy The Talos Principle. It's a fantastic puzzle game, with elements of Portal and The Witness (though it was released after Portal 2, but before The Witness). More in-depth story than the Portal games, less obtuse than The Witness. Gold Edition has all the DLC, though the only bits that are truly recommended are the soundtrack, and the Road to Gehenna expansion.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
If we're shilling Devolver products, everyone buy The Talos Principle. It's a fantastic puzzle game, with elements of Portal and The Witness (though it was released after Portal 2, but before The Witness). More in-depth story than the Portal games, less obtuse than The Witness. Gold Edition has all the DLC, though the only bits that are truly recommended are the soundtrack, and the Road to Gehenna expansion.

Actually been waiting for something like this to buy it so thanks for pointing out!

yuraya

Audience going crazy for clans and matchmaking as video game features in 2017.

Man the first game must have been some cavemen shit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Fantastic news! I absolutely loved the first game, it's easily one of the best "Telltale-like Choose Your Own Adventure" game I've ever played. I know in the past they said that a "Season 2" would include new characters and settings but keep the original game's main themes. While I'm particularly partial to the setting in the first game, I can't wait to see what they cook up next.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just about everything in that deleted Reddit post regarding Destiny 2 have been confirmed so far... Steam chances not looking likely, unfortunately.

so are they making a launcher just for it or something?

Spend $13 on a single game? Do you think we're all made of money?

(seriously, though, there are hardly any games in my nearly 400-game library I've paid more than $5 for individually and I'm waiting for it to get cheaper)

Hektor

I don't have anything against the battle.net client so i'm content with their choice, however do we now expect future activision titles to follow suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom