• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember this being an issue? You can find better item and upgrade those instead.. The PC version is much easier than the Xbox 360 version too. In the original you could only use the story characters/general as group leaders and had to fill teams with trash from the guild with slow skill learning rate and poor stats. You could also save yourself in a corner or have to restart long boring battles when you died too. PC version warns you about area you cannot go out and lets you save between successive bosses later on.

Yeah the PC version included some much needed QoL improvements like the things you mentioned, better performance, turbo mode, and disabling arts.

The crafting thing is an issue in my case, as specific as it may be. Before I start my NG+ run, I'm trying to gather the components required to upgrade a Katana all the way to its final form (Optimal Tataraichi) as soon as the workshop opens in Athlum. But I'm stuck at the Tataraichi because in order to upgrade it to an Excellent Tataraichi I need 2 Grand Rockgrater Tails, which only drop from the Grand Rockgraters in The Ancient Ruins, which is only available by beating the missable sidequest The Fallen.

yuraya

So dumb of them to do it exclusive to Bnet. Should have just released it on both.

Its a big get for Blizz. The game looks like fun mindless syfy and PC version is going to be so superior to console versions its not even funny.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thats...actually good for me lol. I have a lot of Overwatch and HotS peeps there /shrug

Tonton

I don't have anything against the battle.net client so i'm content with their choice, however do we now expect future activision titles to follow suit?

Well we haven't seen anything about CoDWWII, and I imagine they'll want smaller games on Steam unless they're trying to actually turn Blizzard into a Steam competitor

chronomac

So dumb of them to do it exclusive to Bnet. Should have just released it on both.

Its a big get for Blizz. The game looks like fun mindless syfy and PC version is going to be so superior to console versions its not even funny.

Destiny and Blizzard are both owned by Activision. It makes all the sense in the world to keep your game in your own client. They can better control it there.

Tonton

KOF 14 has a Steam page but WTF at that price this is too much for a late port
Launches June 15 and has a beta for people preordering now apparently

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
here's a thought. If Destiny is on Blizzard App / Battlenet like the other Blizzard games right now, does that mean you can buy it with WoW gold? :3

edit: oh lol yes you can. From the FAQ:

"Does this mean I'll be able to use my Blizzard Balance to purchase Destiny 2?"

"Yes!"

Blizzard games have good regional prices for Argentina (at least since 2012) so I'm more than OK with this news as long as Destiny 2 follows their lead.

Anno

So long as it means they're re-re-branding back to the vastly superior Battle.net name rather than Blizzard App or whatever then this'll all be worth it.

NeoRaider

I am using Battlenet for Overwatch anyway. But i just don't find this Destiny game interesting at all. I honestly don't see what's the hype about. But when i think better i had similar opinion about Overwatch before it was released and look at me now 500+ hours spent in that game. I hope that there will be Destiny 2 beta.

Tonton

KOF XIV store page lists Abstraction Games as developers so I guess they're making the PC port, should be good

ngl i'd be totally into kof even for this price if this was like last year but with less fund for games and lots of stuff i want this year i'm gonna have to pass until a good sale

Yeah we live in a multi-launcher future so the Destiny 2 thing was obvious since the beginning.

I wouldn't care about that if they were at least on par feature wise. At least, Uplay is doing the best thing by having a lite client that launches if you start from Steam and that you can control with the controller.

Destiny 2
The PC version will support:
4k Resolution Support (3820x2160)
Uncapped framerate
Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
Text chat
Adjustable Field of View
Detailed PC settings screen
21:9 monitor support

At least it seems like they are not making the PC version an afterthought.

Vibranium

Banned
I wouldn't care about that if they were at least on par feature wise. At least, Uplay is doing the best thing by having a lite client that launches if you start from Steam and that you can control with the controller.

Yeah, publishers will do things their way and leave it at that usually.

Me, I'm probably not going to play Destiny 2 unless people I know are really into it.

yuraya

Everyone talking about Destiny 2 but the real mvp later this year will be the surprise hit everyone forgot about known as
Borderlands 3.
Its definitely on its way. Next year if not this. Its going to be huge on Steam so Bungie is probably scared to compete with them which is why they chose Blizz.

Pixieking

Banned
I don't have anything against the battle.net client so i'm content with their choice, however do we now expect future activision titles to follow suit?

Pfft, who knows. Crazy-ass industry. Only in games would you have a company specifically turn away from a store with millions of customers, because (for one reason) 30% is too much of a cut.

Just release Destiny 2 on both clients. Let people decide for themself where to buy it. Can't be that difficulty.

That makes way too much sense.

This reminds me of EA releasing BF3 on Origin and not Steam. Nothing new under the sun.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think Bungie just has a weird paranoia around Valve. Doesn't their contract with Activision explicitly forbid Activision allowing Valve to make a game in their series?

Found it:

Valve, Epic, and Gearbox are strictly forbidden from developing any adaptations or conversions of any Destiny or Comet game.

Nabs

A lil' Sega Europe update (thx lash):

Sega Europe today announced that it has promoted James Schall to the position of VP of digital business.

"Moving from his role as director of digital distribution, James will continue to build on the success of Sega's digital growth across the PC and console business, which has seen Sega transform itself into a leading PC powerhouse," the company said.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-05-18-sega-europe-names-new-digital-vp

FLD

I think Bungie just has a weird paranoia around Valve. Doesn't their contract with Activision explicitly forbid Activision allowing Valve to make a game in their series?

Found it:

Valve, Epic, and Gearbox are strictly forbidden from developing any adaptations or conversions of any Destiny or Comet game.

Lmao what? That's oddly specific. Someone at Bungie has a beef with those companies or something?

Hektor

Lmao what? That's oddly specific. Someone at Bungie has a beef with those companies or something?

Exactly my thoughts.

Singling out specifically these three companies must've happened for a reason.

Maybe that's also why its launching on battle.net but CODWII does not

Volimar

here's a thought. If Destiny is on Blizzard App / Battlenet like the other Blizzard games right now, does that mean you can buy it with WoW gold? :3

edit: oh lol yes you can. From the FAQ:

"Does this mean I'll be able to use my Blizzard Balance to purchase Destiny 2?"

"Yes!"

How many Hearthstone matches do I need to win to be able to buy it?

Auraela

Banned
Why are people bitching about it being on battle.net but in other breaths scream pc is an open platform more open platforms the better

Admodieus

Isn't exclusivity the opposite of being open though?

True, but I doubt we would see the same outrage if it was exclusive to Steam.

Battle.net is a fine client, people will buy it in droves anyway, this is a total non-issue...unless you have some sort of weird religious attachment to Steam.

Ganado

Everytime I've been trying to get into WoW, I've always been flagged and banned for hacking. Also twice in SCII. While I did buy OW, I haven't played it for a year soon and I really don't wanna buy anything else for that platform.

ezodagrom

Battle.net is a fine client, people will buy it in droves anyway, this is a total non-issue...unless you have some sort of weird religious attachment to Steam.
Games released on Steam can be sold on other digital stores though (it's up to the publisher), so, what was that about exclusive to Steam?

Pixieking

Banned
Why are people bitching about it being on battle.net but in other breaths scream pc is an open platform more open platforms the better

Exclusive to one platform is not being open.

Every company can create their own client, but true openness would be saying "it's for sale everywhere. Buy it at this store for a Battle.net code, or this store for a Steam code, or this store for an Origin code," and letting the consumer choose based on personal preference.

I mean people are saying that they are getting the game where there friends are, all mine are on Steam, so there's reason for people to want to play a multiplayer focused game on the platform with all their friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom