• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unai

valve should be a switch kind steam machine with streaming and maybe android.

Isn't the Nvidia Shield exactly that but without detachable controllers?

Edit: I guess it doesn't "switches" between TV and handheld mode as easily if that's what you want.

Knurek

Not sure what you even mean by that
Bamco is Bandai Namco

Think of it this way:

Bandai Namco == Electronic Arts
Wolfteam/Namco Tales Studio == Bioware

Would you say Mass Effect or Dragon Age games are developed by Electronic Arts, or are they Bioware's games first and foremost?

Ladekabel

Really wanted to like Teslagrad and I probably would finish it if it was puzzle platformers I currently crave for. But I have a thirst for some goodass Metroidvanias instead.

Will wait for the Switch Version of Hollow Knight because I want to play it on my commute. Song of the Deep or Guacamelee? Already played the latter but loved it.

Phawx

Really wanted to like Teslagrad and I probably would finish it if it was puzzle platformers I currently crave for. But I have a thirst for some goodass Metroidvanias instead.

Will wait for the Switch Version of Hollow Knight because I want to play it on my commute. Song of the Deep or Guacamelee? Already played the latter but loved it.

Yea, I couldn't get into Teslagrad either. At first blush, the game *looks* great but when playing it there is something that doesn't gel well.

According to Steamspy, Half Life 2 has sold 10 million copies in 13 years. Meanwhile, Dota 2 and CSGO get 11-12 million unique players every month. Somehow though, Half Life fans think they are the 'real fans' who should be catered to and are owed a Half Life 3. They just can't let go even after Valve explicitly said that they are not in the single player, narrative driven game dev business anymore.

Eh, i was hoping for 60FPS footage, but i guess original framerate will be fine too. Just quick fix:
OPjudUD.gif

Endruen

According to Steamspy, Half Life 2 has sold 10 million copies in 13 years. Meanwhile, Dota 2 and CSGO get 11-12 million unique players every month. Somehow though, Half Life fans think they are the 'real fans' who should be catered to and are owed a Half Life 3. They just can't let go even after Valve explicitly said that they are not in the single player, narrative driven game dev business anymore.

Didn't Half-Life 2 release in a time where retail PC copies where still the norm? Did they link to Steam?

Anyway, I understand why people want HL 3, Episode 2 ends with a cliff-hanger and I think we all deserve closure.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Edit: I guess it doesn't "switches" between TV and handheld mode as easily if that's what you want.

You plug in a standard mini-HDMI cable. It even has a tv/console interface mode.

bbd23

will Humble Disappoint again?

im thinking some star wars bundle because of the whole may the 4th crap that will be popping up everywhere.

guaranteed to be steams midweek or weekend deal

duppolo

nvida shield handled is old, tv is only tv and only for nvida cards...if valve do something like switch with emulation and steam library...omg my poo session will be epic!

My new PC is finally up and running~!

i5 7600
gtx 1060
16gb ddr4

I wonder what should I play first. Any suggestions?

Hmm.. maybe I should replay Witcher 3..

Didn't Half-Life 2 release in a time where retail PC copies where still the norm? Did they link to Steam?

Anyway, I understand why people want HL 3, Episode 2 ends with a cliff-hanger and I think we all deserve closure.

Half Life 2 came on 5 CDs and was the first game that required Steam. I remember buying it on day one (16/11/2004) and I couldn't even play it until a month later because Steam was such a pile of shit back then.

Also, I get that people want a conclusion to the story but some folks should really stop pretending as if they are 'real fans'...

They really don't care about their fans anymore.

... like so. Valve caters to tens of millions of fans who are playing their current games and (more importantly, from their perspective) paying for those gaming experiences. Besides, complaining about it doesn't help at all. If it happens everyone will be pleasantly surprised and if it doesn't then so be it.

JaseC

Game is a monster. 142k concurrent peak today and only behind Dota/CSGO on the stats.

I'm still kicking myself for not biting on the pre-order DDE. Last I checked, the items were collectively worth at least USD$149 -- a return of almost 300%.

Thorgal

got a small question :

If i pick " my paypal account " as my payment method when buying something on steam does steam first take the money out of your steam wallet if there is any money on it and then take the rest out of my paypal account ?

NewGame

Banned
6PVOm7M.png

got around playing the pathologic remake demo

as a longtime fan of ice pick lodge's games i'm pretty happy with it, as a microcosm of what the real game is gonna be, it promises to be quite the experience, with the trademark lack of guidance that you'd expect from ipl

in this case i feel that sort of works against the game since i finished my demo time feeling like i'd missed stuff i didn't get to because of how tedious moving around is and how much the game relies on you just stumbling unto interesting things

lucky thing is that things you stumble unto are almost always very unsettling and bizarre, and the general tone of the whole thing carries the dread of the dying town really well. the writing is actually comprehensible this time, despite some weird lines, and you can get a sense of frustration and hopelessness from the bachelor that gives him character where in the little i played from original, all his dialogue just read as gibberish

so yeah, makes me very optimistic about the final game, i wasn't really pleased with how knock-knock came out (even tho i loved their kickstarter campaign and i'm really happy with my pledge) and i love the void so seems like good things are ahead

I don't really understand why you had to 'stumble' across things. Most things are written on your map (See the symbols) or mentioned to you by other characters. Unless of course you were just running around ignoring the points the game was making, the demo is the most direct piece of work IPL has ever made thus far concerning direction.

What's happening in the demo:
You are playing a 'failed' save file, a playable gameover if you will.
Remember in the original that gameover+ was one of the possible endings. In the demo from what you hear in the pharmacy the Haruspex/Butcher was killed by the guards and if you assume the dead girl in the 'silent house' tied to a chair is actually the Devotress/Changeling. The doctor is plague-ridden and is lying in bed while the children from the Polyhedron decide if they should euthanize him by suffocating him. This is why if you go to the house by the water (Eves house) you can hear childrens voices and why Sticky begs you to not give nuts to that weird girl (which you pretty much need to do to get the lockpicks).

Overall the narrative of the demo is both a wonderful glimpse into the dread fear the game aspires to while giving longtime fans an interesting perspective on what a playable gameover might look like.

I don't know if you can fill out the mindmap in a single playthrough, I get pretty close though.

madjoki

got a small question :

If i pick " my paypal account " as my payment method when buying something on steam does steam first take the money out of your steam wallet if there is any money on it and then take the rest out of my paypal account ?

It takes all from Paypal.

You must first select Wallet and then it will ask additional payment method for rest.

I'm still kicking myself for not biting on the pre-order DDE. Last I checked, the items were collectively worth at least USD$149 -- a return of almost 300%.

If it helps, pre-orders sold out well before it's release and I want to say well before it even became popular.

Endruen

You needed to register the HL2 key to Steam. Besides CS it was the biggest Steam to use Steam then.

Half Life 2 came on 5 CDs and was the first game that required Steam. I remember buying it on day one (16/11/2004) and I couldn't even play it until a month later because Steam was such a pile of shit back then.

Ok, I wasn't sure about that, good thing I asked. Then it should really reflect the total amount.
I really don't care that much about HL3 if I'm honest, I just want another Portal T.T

P.D.: Fuck, Steam is goddamn old, I was fucking 10 when it released. I didn't even have a PC back then, not to talk about Internet connection. Damn.

JaseC

If it helps, pre-orders sold out well before it's release and I want to say well before it even became popular.

The cut-off date wasn't all that long before release, IIRC. I want to say two weeks to a month. I tried to be clever and threw the purchase page into Archive.org, hoping to see what the checkout URL was and if it were still active, but no such luck.

JaseC

Prey said:
Available: 4 May
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 23 hours

Huzzah, although unless Valve's finally corrected the countdown timer, that actually translates to 1am AEST rather than midnight.

The set goes for around $300 US on the market now already.

Bah. :(

Apple Jack 1 & 2 store page is up. Was greenlit a couple of years ago, but stayed there until now, when it releases tomorrow. They were actually pretty good Xbox Community Games. Might not hold up in this day and age though.

Thorgal

It takes all from Paypal.

You must first select Wallet and then it will ask additional payment method for rest.

huh that's weird .

After your post i got nervous and thought somebody hacked my account or my money just went up in smoke .

But after checking my purchase history on steam i found it DOES remove money of my steam wallet and then charged Paypal for the rest .

I bought this yesterday and it clearly says so . so false alarm :p

JkKVlk0.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Apple Jack 1 & 2 store page is up. Was greenlit a couple of years ago, but stayed there until now, when it releases tomorrow. They were actually pretty good Xbox Community Games. Might not hold up in this day and age though.

I like them. I'm a bit disappointed it took this long to get a PC release.

What a description:

When a little man with an apple for a head loses his dog, it marks the beginning of a grand platforming adventure deep into the heart of...Wales?

Why Wales though?

Unai

nvida shield handled is old, tv is only tv and only for nvida cards...if valve do something like switch with emulation and steam library...omg my poo session will be epic!

As I understand, no one is going to release a better mobile x86 CPU/GPU in the near future, so the Steam Library will be difficult to play natively on such device. That's also why a more powerful GPD Win is unlikely to happen for a while.

But yeah, I'd certainly buy it. I really like the ideia of the GPD Win, but it's still a little bit too week for what I need it.

ezodagrom

Think of it this way:

Bandai Namco == Electronic Arts
Wolfteam/Namco Tales Studio == Bioware

Would you say Mass Effect or Dragon Age games are developed by Electronic Arts, or are they Bioware's games first and foremost?
Bioware is a part of EA, so yeah, Mass Effect games are EA developed games.
There's nothing stopping EA from having a Mass Effect game developed by another one of their studios, right? (Like how Battlefield Hardline was developed by Visceral).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom