• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cut-off date wasn't all that long before release, IIRC. I want to say two weeks to a month. I tried to be clever and threw the purchase page into Archive.org, hoping to see what the checkout URL was and if it were still active, but no such luck.

3-4 weeks before release yeah. It hadn't picked up a lot of buzz at that point (other than among folks who played H1Z1 and the Arma 3 mod). At the time the GAF thread was 2-3 pages at most.

Hektor

Anybody here play Jalopy? Do you recommend it?

I played it for a while, it's very relaxing, the car is very interactive, which makes it feel a lot more than your average videogame car. I alsoi enjoyed the survival aspect (Having to manage your money by buying stuff for cheap and sell it when it's higher so you can afford gas and new parts)

That said, it's still a bit bare on content last time i played and you'll definitely run into a few bugs.

I'd generally recommend it, but on the otherhand, you might wanna wait 'til the game left EA

DS3 was my first Souls game so maybe that's why I loved it while most of the Souls veterans only seemed to like it at best. I've replayed it half a dozen times.

Dark Souls 3 unfortunately feels like a best of album of a music band. So it's very understandable that a newcomer who hasn't heard even one single will be blown away by the quality, where as peopel that followed the band for years will get just about what they expect and nothing more.

It's not a bad game by any means

Aaron D.

Anybody here play Jalopy? Do you recommend it?

I've had it forever, but only put a bit of time into it.

I like what I've played so far, but I'm simply waiting for it to cook a little more in the oven.

Though this vid is some months old, I think it did a great job of describing why Jalopy is a fantastic road-trip adventure game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSg8EQVpD8k

The presentation is ace, that's for sure. And the game has a lot of personality.

Looking at the Steam page, it seems the "Turkey" update is due this month and it seems pretty significant. I think I'm going to have to dive back in after that lands.

Grief.exe

Is Dayz officially scamware or what

And is Battlegrounds worth getting and likely to be consistently supported?

DayZ is still getting updated. I played it for a bit last week and they've added tons of content and obviously did a performance pass. Sounds like they are going to have a huge leap forward this year, but difficult to predict whether that will actually hit this year.nthe main issue with DayZ is they rushed the product out on an outdated engine to beat the competition to the market, then had to rewrite the engine in the back end.

Battlegrounds has been receiving small updates about every other week and larger updates monthly. It's actually one of the more stable multiplayer Early Access games I have played.

Sarcasm

DS3 was my first Souls game so maybe that's why I loved it while most of the Souls veterans only seemed to like it at best. I've replayed it half a dozen times.

DS3 wasn't my first or second, I like it a lot. Though I don't look at stuff with a magnifying glass.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Nier Automata DLC has unlocked but there's no store page. Good job, Squeenix.

Knurek

More animu on Steam

ValkyrieDrive_Screenshot_3_1024x1024.png

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Anyone need coupons? I have 20% off Everything, 20% off of Beat Cop, and 25% off of Torment.

All expiring within a week a two

Tonton

I'm so confused... Where in the timeline does this happen? Is this another side story just like 2 was?
Seems so stupid not to continue where the first game ended, it's such a great jumping-off point.

Looks to be I'm guessing after the second game but before the main part of the first

Endruen

I'm so confused... Where in the timeline does this happen? Is this another side story just like 2 was?
Seems so stupid not to continue where the first game ended, it's such a great jumping-off point.

They said from the beginning we were going to have one game for each rider, so I guess the first 4 games will be during the same timeline and then maybe 5 will give closure with the ability to change rider on the fly?

Sarcasm

I've had it forever, but only put a bit of time into it.

I like what I've played so far, but I'm simply waiting for it to cook a little more in the oven.

Though this vid is some months old, I think it did a great job of describing why Jalopy is a fantastic road-trip adventure game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSg8EQVpD8k

The presentation is ace, that's for sure. And the game has a lot of personality.

Looking at the Steam page, it seems the "Turkey" update is due this month and it seems pretty significant. I think I'm going to have to dive back in after that lands.

This totally sold me.

Though there is My Summer Car...

Jawmuncher

Darsiders 2 = 3 then 1 happens. More than likely the next game will go Darksiders 2 = 3 = 4 then 1 with darksiders 5 being all of them together.

FLD

Oh man, so happy Darksiders III is finally a thing! They spent so much time saying they wanted to make it and just doing remasters instead that I ended up assuming they just didn't have the budget to fund a completely new project. Also really glad it's single-player like the first two. I was never keen on the idea of a 4-player co-op game that kept being thrown around.

I was considering playing the remaster of the first one last week while waiting for Trails in the Sky but ended up not doing it. Kinda wish I had now lol.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is there any way to show the DS4's battery level with the Steam integration? I know it's possible by running those wrapper programs, but I can't find anything in Steam itself.

Buraindo

I thought 3 was fantastic and I've played hundreds of hours of 1, 2 and SOTFS. Gone through it more than a few times and still play it regularly. And I've yet to get the DLC.

Who wanted more Darksiders? It's a C- license, which makes sense since it's THQ.

I really enjoyed the first game so I'd be okay with more of that.
Forgot about the Warmastered edition, I should give it a go one of these days.

Corpekata

Banned
Nier DLC is 14 dollars? For an Arena and some costumes?

Is the Arena surprisingly in depth and awesome or are they just milking the people that want the Kaine costume?

NeoRaider

So NieR developers released overpriced costumes but ignored all the problems with the PC port and never released a single patch?

Why i'm not surprised...?

Knurek

So NieR developers released overpriced costumes but ignored all the problems with the PC port and never released a single patch?

Why i'm not surprised...?

Well, it's Platinum, what were you expecting?
MGR:R still runs at 24 fps for a lot of people.

Jawmuncher

In the case of Darksiders I think announcing it now is good. Will start pushing more sales of the 1 and 2 remasters and keep the hype going

duppolo

As I understand, no one is going to release a better mobile x86 CPU/GPU in the near future, so the Steam Library will be difficult to play natively on such device. That's also why a more powerful GPD Win is unlikely to happen for a while.

But yeah, I'd certainly buy it. I really like the ideia of the GPD Win, but it's still a little bit too week for what I need it.
I cant undersrand why they dont do something that could sell well.do you think we cant do a better gpd win with same price with the technology we have Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom