• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ibuki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hacknet -- MB-A48BB1F2069D324F - Taken by Hakkelus. 8 entrants total.

t1493759721z1.png

Already had this, enjoy!

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ozium:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hacknet -- MB-DAF95C5B6E23B2B4 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters -- MB-E5FA4786302F56F3 - Taken by Saty. 5 entrants total.
UnderRail -- MB-9885F29DBE2D3B43 - Taken by sadblob. 10 entrants total.

t1493749868z1.png

Ibuki

Banned
Are the codes GMG sends out in e-mails tied to your account? I know they are one time use, but I'm just wondering if I can give it away.

If that is possible, I have a PUBG 20% off code I can give to someone.

Battlechili

Banned

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't really understand why you had to 'stumble' across things. Most things are written on your map (See the symbols) or mentioned to you by other characters. Unless of course you were just running around ignoring the points the game was making, the demo is the most direct piece of work IPL has ever made thus far concerning direction.

What's happening in the demo:
You are playing a 'failed' save file, a playable gameover if you will.
Remember in the original that gameover+ was one of the possible endings. In the demo from what you hear in the pharmacy the Haruspex/Butcher was killed by the guards and if you assume the dead girl in the 'silent house' tied to a chair is actually the Devotress/Changeling. The doctor is plague-ridden and is lying in bed while the children from the Polyhedron decide if they should euthanize him by suffocating him. This is why if you go to the house by the water (Eves house) you can hear childrens voices and why Sticky begs you to not give nuts to that weird girl (which you pretty much need to do to get the lockpicks).

Overall the narrative of the demo is both a wonderful glimpse into the dread fear the game aspires to while giving longtime fans an interesting perspective on what a playable gameover might look like.

I don't know if you can fill out the mindmap in a single playthrough, I get pretty close though.
not everyone has the exact same experience and thinking in extremes like you're doing is dumb. i missed stuff, i wandered around, i followed some directions, chose to ignore others to see what i'd run into, sometimes i found myself stuck not knowing where to go only for the game only needing time to progress, sometimes that house that looks exactly like the one next to it had a guard on the door i didn't see first time passing through it and turns out you could actually enter it, sometimes i spent a while looking for ways to enter a suspicious looking house that's apparently locked off, etc.

i got what was happening in the demo, obviously not the original pathologic references since i haven't played much of that, but the rest was pretty clear and appreciated

also while i don't think goal markers or a compass or whatever is a good idea for this game, i hope they do a better job at landmarking the environment so you don't have to rely as much on the map. or at least do a cool farcry 2 still map or something

i saw a picture of league of legends and got excited for a second and turns out it's another lame darksiders game......

why you do this......

zkylon

zkylewd
ohh i'll have to ask someone to buy a copy of stephen's sausage roll for me sometime

i'll pay em back 100% lol

just in like two months when i get my cc back -__-

MUnited83

For you.
Marvellous delivering upgraded character models on a port from a PS Vita only game, while Koei Tecmo still continues to deliver weird Frankenstein ports with PS4 port available...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm starting to really loathe Fantasy Grounds and how much its fucking DLC takes up space on the new releases list if you don't check "Only Games" or exclude DLC. They release a bunch of DLC at once (and there's a LOT of it that keeps on getting more and more), and it just swamps out anything else that releases right before it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im here for Anime Souls I mean Code Vein. I know it has long ways to go so the issues I may have can change.

Bigby

Impeccable choice.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

Happy bday mr wolf :3

Thank you.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bigby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd -- MB-9973E82DA535803B - Taken by Ganado. 70 entrants total.

t1493837954z1.png

Eh. Forgot autorepost, so I'll quote it tomorrow for visibility.

Monooboe

Hells yeah for Darksider 3! I actually didn't think it was going to happen, was under an impression it was impossible from a legal standpoint. Happy.

Zelda being mentioned, I remember playing Darksiders 1 not really knowing anything about it and at first I wasn't really feeling it, but once the game clicked with me that it had become like Zelda I really started to like. Sometimes it's great to just know what a game expects of one and just enjoy the ride instead of feeling lost.

Tonton

3rd, I'll buy it tomorrow to whoever wins.

Oh ok, that makes sense
Happy birthday and thanks for the awesome giveaway

Wait I'm dumb I entered the giveaway just in case but no way I'd wait until it's over to get the game or not

Monooboe

Speaking of Trails in the Sky, I think I'm getting ready to play it, I've tried to start it several times but everytime I stop because I feel like I don't have the energy and the time to really get into it. But I'm considering it being my summer game. I've kept it installed for the longest time thinking "soon".

Also, Happy birthday Bigby!:D

zkylon

zkylewd
like srsly katarina doesn't have a whip, she has double daggers

don't bring up my dear league of legends if you don't know anything you FOOLS

plsss

Ascheroth

Speaking of Trails in the Sky, I think I'm getting ready to play it, I've tried to start it several times but everytime I stop because I feel like I don't have the energy and the time to really get into it. But I'm considering it being my summer game. I've kept it installed for the longest time thinking "soon".

Also, Happy birthday Bigby!:D

Speedhack for the battles is your friend, my friend.

3rd, I'll buy it tomorrow to whoever wins.
Wow, I just saw the banner and assumed it would be the first, but this is even more awesome!
No way I'm entering though, ain't no one got time to wait this long and I was looking forward to throwing money at Xseed anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom