• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a terribly exciting bundle this week, but at least there was one game in the PWYW tier that I actually wanted (DToM) and another that I was slightly interested in.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings -- MB-CEDBAFAFF33C6EA6 - Taken by InquisitorAles

Never thought that someday i'll be force myself to play new Dawn of War game, be here we are. At first it was very frustrating because i was trying to rush through campaign and got my ass kicked quickly. I noticed that there is no autosave during missions when i failed after spending 30 minutes on it near the end, and was forced to replay mission from the beginning. Now i playing very carefully and saving a lot, but game become really slow-paced and boring. And while i did play tutorial, i find out that number of existed units is slowing down energy income by accident, there was no warning about that until i built a huge army and noticed that i'm not receiving resources anymore.
Also, how the hell they managed to create such ugly engine? Seriously, what the hell is that:
5976B35D2C0E0E2820E0D0DD8A4E5829042D90DB
Well, at least it runs with stable 60FPS on maximum graphics presets, but DoWII was run just fine too and didn't looked like blurry shit with static lighting. Also, translation is garbage, but that's just my local problem.

Edit:
Not a terribly exciting bundle this week, but at least there was one game in the PWYW tier that I actually wanted (DToM) and another that I was slightly interested in.
Thanks for the game! :)

Damn, for some reason I was under the impression that Tits was releasing today. How the hell did I convince myself that today was the third? Probably because the OT was posted yesterday. Fuck.

FoneBone

Can't argue with $1 for Deadly Tower. They Bleed Pixels sounds interesting, and the baseball game... uh, has trading cards (I know it's supposed to be good, but I don't play sports games at all).

I got a discount voucher from GMG for PBG.

20% off. It's almost worth getting in while the game is still SUPER HOT (not to be confused with the most innovative shooter in years, SUPERHOT.)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThirtyFour, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hacknet -- MB-492D8FBCBF14E9BF - Taken by sadblob. 12 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters -- MB-AB4D57A9FA95034E - Taken by Jadax. 19 entrants total.

t1493765944z1.png

Phinor

Never thought that someday i'll be force myself to play new Dawn of War game, be here we are. At first it was very frustrating because i was trying to rush through campaign and got my ass kicked quickly. I noticed that there is no autosave during missions when i failed after spending 30 minutes on it near the end, and was forced to replay mission from the beginning. Now i playing very carefully and saving a lot, but game become really slow-paced and boring. And while i did play tutorial, i find out that number of existed units is slowing down energy income by accident, there was no warning about that until i built a huge army and noticed that i'm not receiving resources anymore.

I was in a similar situation yesterday, having struggled to enjoy any part of the game for the past few days. Ultimately I decided to just.. uninstall the game and accept the monetary loss, it's not worth my time if I'm really not enjoying it no matter how much I should be having fun. I don't see them ever patching the game so thoroughly that it becomes something I'd enjoy, and I sure did enjoy the previous games in the series.

The trailer of Darksiders3 doesn't show gameplay. The only galmeplay pics are in Steam store page. I wonder what engine they use for it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ibuki, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ibuki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hacknet -- MB-A48BB1F2069D324F - Taken by Hakkelus. 8 entrants total.

t1493759721z1.png

JakeD

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

curious expedition -- MB-835D99B17F689635 - Taken by longlivegaming
hacknet -- MB-634CC6E5A3C75880 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
they bleed pixels -- MB-153D3535858D75FE - Taken by Tonton

The DLC for Nier in the chinese store also costs almost as much as games like Blazblue, Senran Kagura, (more expensive than Neptunia) and stuff like that lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Deadly Tower of Monsters for a dollar sounds awesome. Hopefully my brother doesnt mind and lets me use his credit card to get the $1 dollar tier.

gdt

Quick question about this Darksiders II upgrade.

I have the original version from launch. With a complete save file. Does that save transfer over to the new version? Also is it worth the $6?

FLD

Quick question about this Darksiders II upgrade.

I have the original version from launch. With a complete save file. Does that save transfer over to the new version? Also is it worth the $6?

No idea, sorry, but FYI if you also own the season pass you can get the upgrade for free. At least, it worked for me the last time someone in this thread posted the link.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely in for 10 bucks on that bundle. SSR got way too much praise for me not to try it even if it's gonna be way too hard like Snakebird.

Kifimbo

Not sure if it's a price mistake, but one hour ago I looked at the Star Wars Complete Collection and it was like 80% off. I was tempted, but decided to think about it. I just went back and it's now 94% off. I was missing 11 of the games, so I paid $11 for those.

Man, playing The Last Remnant has given me a whole new appreciation for Xenoblade Chronicles, which was the last JRPG I played (if Dark Souls 3 doesn't count). The latter game's devs really made a good effort to cut down on pointless annoyances. For example:

When you die in TLR, you get sent back to the title screen and have to load your latest save.
When you die in XC, you simply "respawn" at the nearest landmark.

TLR throws you into boss fights and story events with almost no warning or chance to save your game.
XC usually makes it very clear when something is about to go down.

TLR is chalk full of missable quests, areas, items, and playable characters.
XC gives you notifications on the quests that expire after an upcoming story event, and generally doesn't have any huge missable items (since you can always go back to previous areas).

And don't even get me started on TLR's BR system that literally punishes you for leveling up. I'll save that for my eventual LTTP thread once I finish the game.

illusionary

Stephen's Sausage Roll for $10 is enough to get me to go all-in on a Humble Bundle for the first time in a while, especially when I only own one of the other games already - very nice! I hope that we get a similarly good bundle with the next monthly on Friday...

Also, great news re Darksiders III - as so often said, it's definitely the best non-Zelda Zelda by some distance.

L.O.R.D

indiegala is doing amazing bundle
for $24 you can get Dark souls 3 discount code + little nightmares + 5 other games
https://www.indiegala.com/littlenightmares
they said there is another discount code,but don't know where is it

IMPORTANT NOTES: The 50% discount coupon for Dark Souls III is valid only on indiegala.com/store and will be applied even if the game is already discounted, giving you an EXTRA 50% DISCOUNT on the cart price for the game. The coupon code is valid only till May 13th, 16:00 UTC.

edit:they will give you the code to discount the game from $42.49 to $22.

Ibuki

Banned
It says it's already 50% off in store, and then you get a 50% off code. But that sounds too good to be true, haha. Maybe that code makes it 50% off? Not sure.

Whoa. That does sound too good to be true. If I didn't already own DS3 I would give it a shot.

Pachimari

Strange how Steam tells me there's updates for some of my games, but when I go to update it says the updates are 0 bytes.

I also took the opportunity to buy Darksiders II deathnitive edition and the Star Wars bundle as I didn't have four of the games in it. And since I had some extra spares lying around I had to just pay €2.

NeoRaider

Fury is kind of an ugly character design.

I read many similar comments today, but i am not sure what's the problem exactly.
She looks fine in game. That CGI trailer is really... not the best quality and it doesn't represent how the character looks in game.

VriJgmU.jpg
ghRP24W.jpg

Also they have plenty of time to improve the character even more. But i repeat that CGI trailer model =/= in game model.

bbd23

yea that fury cgi was terrible

the screenshots look great though.

just downloaded the second game! should start it sometime this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom