• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyba89

So just reached my first ending in Steins:Gate
(Faris Ending in Chapter 7)
. I did not set up any specific savegames. Do I have to start from the beginning for the other stuff and use a guide?

Popstar

Been a long time since I've been around the Steam thread. Was going through some of my old game codes I still had from some Humble Bundles. Good luck, some fun games here. Enjoy.

Oh and keep in mind I don't have Arkham Origins here, just the DLC.

edit: I tried my best to make sure these were all still active via my Humbe Bundle keys tab so let me know if something doesn't work properly.
Thank you kindly.

Bioshock 2 worked with no problems.

Hektor

So just reached my first ending in Steins:Gate
(Faris Ending in Chapter 7)
. I did not set up any specific savegames. Do I have to start from the beginning for the other stuff and use a guide?

The game got a form chapter select somewhere, so you can just start from before you made the decision that locked you into this ending.

The only ending that requires you to use a guide from the beginning is the true ending, but that sounds worse than it is since you have the fast forward option

Lain

The timed doors might be my biggest issue with Dead Cells so far, as they force me to speedrun if I want to open them and I simply hate speed-running when there are so many parts of the map for me to explore and maybe find upgrades in for the run.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Latest Assassin's Creed Brotherhood patch added Simplified Chinese and unlocked Copernicus Conspiracy DLC that was PS3 exclusive. That is interesting.

I was hoping to jump into this, but apparently my Brotherhood saves aren't in the UbiCloud. :( Maybe I should just play through every mainline AssCreed game again in the lead-up to Origins.

Wok

League of Maidens. 😅

Exactly as you would expect: bikini armors for everyone.

zsVyi8b.jpg

The timed doors might be my biggest issue with Dead Cells so far, as they force me to speedrun if I want to open them and I simply hate speed-running when there are so many parts of the map for me to explore and maybe find upgrades in for the run.

It makes speed-running viable. It does not mean everyone has to speed-run.

sprinkles

You speedrun every door once to get the blueprints (but I don't think every timed door HAS a blueprint), then ignore them. At least that was my plan, but I am too bad at speedrunning and finding some of the later doors in time (the Fjord one will always be just plain impossible).

Teeth

Those character designs remind me of something but I can't put my finger on it.

Specifically the short haired one in this banner.

There are a lot of Korean artists with a similar style.

That said, this art reminds me a lot of the Soul Calibur lead artist's work.

Javier23

Banned
Cities are mostly feminine in French, so the correct gender on the compound noun (or the adjective if that's how you read the title -- it could be either) is feminine.

Of course it's weird here because "Los Angeles" is a Spanish name, and masculine in Spanish, although most city names are feminine in Spanish. French override the noun gender if the word is borrowed from a foreign language with gendered nouns.
Ángeles is masculine in Spanish. The city itself is feminine: la ciudad de Los Ángeles.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Ángeles is masculine in Spanish. The city itself is feminine: la ciudad de Los Ángeles.

El Pueblo de la Reyna de los Angeles

Many Spanish names have royalty based gendered names.

Portilla de le Reina (my dad and granddads hometown in the Picos de Europa. Pathway or gates of the Queen.

Tizoc

I have started to play Hyperdimension Nep Nep 2. Is there any tips and tricks I should know? :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016302

Check the Nep Community thread, ese~

League of Maidens. 😅

Exactly as you would expect: bikini armors for everyone.

It makes speed-running viable. It does not mean everyone has to speed-run.
I see booties
and scaly booties

Dunno how I feel about this.
Aside from the fact that I am still baffled that Black Desert isn't in my region but this is :V

My PC is linked with 2 displays at the same time while each has its own Windows user, so basically it's two PCs in one PC. My 'PC' is logged into my Steam account, while the other 'PC' is linked to my wife's.

Currently, I'm downloading Black Desert Online but what I'm seeing is that the game is downloading on both of our Steam clients right now. How will it actually work? Will we be able to play the game at the same time when it's finished? or should I copy the game folder to another Steam installation folder for the other Windows user?

Javier23

Banned
El Pueblo de la Reyna de los Angeles

Many Spanish names have royalty based gendered names.

Portilla de le Reina (my dad and granddads hometown in the Picos de Europa. Pathway or gates of the Queen.
If it's "pueblo" then it's always gonna be masculine. It all depends on whether it's a town, a village, a city (el pueblo, la ciudad, la aldea, la villa, la pedanía, el municipio, la localidad, el caserío...), but it has nothing to do with the name being gendered according to its royalty based name or the name itself in general. The feminine article in "El Pueblo de la Reina de los Ángeles" is there because of the reference to the Queen, not because of the town itself, which in that case would always be masculine because of "pueblo". LA stopped being a "pueblo" very long ago in any case.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My PC is linked with 2 displays at the same time while each has its own Windows user, so basically it's two PCs in one PC. My 'PC' is logged into my Steam account, while the other 'PC' is linked to my wife's.

Currently, I'm downloading Black Desert Online but what I'm seeing is that the game is downloading on both of our Steam clients right now. How will it actually work? Will we be able to play the game at the same time when it's finished? or should I copy the game folder to another Steam installation folder for the other Windows user?

It's showing up on both because Steam installs games to SteamApps\common so other users who run Steam from the same location don't have to download data that's already present locally.

fnAy7aT.png

Thanks Steam, I only played all his previous games to completion.

They really need to fix this. The next part of the message says that if you're interested in the game you should go on to buy it and play it and then their recommendation system will start using that data in the future. But why should I have to buy and play something to express my interest in it? Let's say I enjoy space sims and a new one comes out but it's too expensive or I don't like the artwork something like that. Why can't I tell Steam that I like those kinds of games without spending money on it?

Arthea

They really need to fix this. The next part of the message says that if you're interested in the game you should go on to buy it and play it and then their recommendation will start using that data in the future. But why should I have to buy and play something to express my interest in it? Let's say I enjoy space sims and a new one comes out but it's too expensive or I don't like the artwork something like that. Why can't I tell Steam that I like those kinds of games without spending money on it?

they should have "devs you are interested in, like in played many of their games"
"series you are interested in as in played other games"
also totally remake their genre system as it still sucks as bad as ever.
only then their recommendations might start working.

Tizoc

I'm curious when Mods will start, if ever, banning people for asking about a Switch ver. for every game that gets announced.

Popstar

The creator update for Windows 10 forced its way onto my computer this morning, and now all sound hardware and drivers are gone from my computer, except NVIDIA's driver for HDMI. Apparently this bug has been present since March, but I guess Microsoft thinks the update is good enough to launch.

Don't update Windows 10 people!
Windows 8.1 from my cold dead hands.

(I tried updating to Windows 10 but noped back after I got burned by lack of update control)

My first experience with Vanquish was the game not loading at all, it was just flickering and I lost control over my PC until I logout.

The solution, which I found from the Steam discussion, was to set the .exe compatibility mode with Windows XP. Huh.

It's showing up on both because Steam installs games to SteamApps\common so other users who run Steam from the same location don't have to download data that's already present locally.

I see. But will we be able to play the game at the same time from the same game folder? or should I copy the game for each account?

kiyomi

The creator update for Windows 10 forced its way onto my computer this morning, and now all sound hardware and drivers are gone from my computer, except NVIDIA's driver for HDMI. Apparently this bug has been present since March, but I guess Microsoft thinks the update is good enough to launch.

Don't update Windows 10 people!

I think they actually fixed (or attempted to) this with the latest update 17 hours ago:

Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4020102/windows-10-update-kb4020102

Btw, it was not updating that caused people to be vulnerable to the Wanna Cry ransomware, I think? So people probably should update. Although I do think 8.1 was a more user-friendly OS in terms of updates and stuff, 10 really sucks at this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MakeThatMoney -- MB-0485E2244332D9E9 - Taken by KainXVIII

Pixieking

Banned
People being happy that they've not updated to the latest Windows after the latest security issues just weirds me out. Yeah, Windows 10 isn't great, but really guys? Usability over security?

Anyways... CrossCells is good. Damn good. Disappointing that there's not much in the way of music (HexCells OST is pretty fine), and 50 puzzles isn't much, but on the flip-side... I'm stuck on Puzzle 14. 14!

Although, actually, one real flaw - only penalty for making a mistake is the puzzle restarts. Which makes sense, but I'd have preferred an option to have a "number of mistakes" mechanic with a Perfect achievement at the end, like HexCells.

Hmmm, I should add a little to this and post a review on Steam.

People being happy that they've not updated to the latest Windows after the latest security issues just weirds me out. Yeah, Windows 10 isn't great, but really guys? Usability over security?

Anyways... CrossCells is good. Damn good. Disappointing that there's not much in the way of music (HexCells OST is pretty fine), and 50 puzzles isn't much, but on the flip-side... I'm stuck on Puzzle 14. 14!

Although, actually, one real flaw - only penalty for making a mistake is the puzzle restarts. Which makes sense, but I'd have preferred an option to have a "number of mistakes" mechanic with a Perfect achievement at the end, like HexCells.

Hmmm, I should add a little to this and post a review on Steam.

Also you can't save in the middle of a puzzle. You could in the previous games of the dev.

haendeul

I think they actually fixed (or attempted to) this with the latest update 17 hours ago:

Thanks, but I already have that update.

Windows Defender (which I'm not able to disable anymore) actually managed to figure out on its own that there is a problem with my audio driver, but after "fixing" it there's still no sound despite reporting no more errors.

With Windows and Microsoft behaving as it is right now you're kind of fucked anyway. But even though they're running older Windows editions they probably still do the security updates.

And yeah, I did try to reinstall audio drivers manually, but it looks like audio hardware is just gone from my computer now since they don't even show up in the device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom