• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking UPS. I got an "attempted delivery" email this morning telling me they tried to deliver my package at 9:40am, which is complete bullshit because my dad was at the office (where the package was to be delivered). So I contact them and now they say shipping is closed for the holiday. Why not just tell me that in the first place? I have a conspiracy theory that Amazon bribes UPS to annoy everyone who doesn't have Prime.

Vuze

Fucking UPS. I got an "attempted delivery" email this morning telling me they tried to deliver my package at 9:40am, which is complete bullshit because my dad was at the office (where the package was to be delivered). So I contact them and now they say shipping is closed for the holiday. Why not just tell me that in the first place? I have a conspiracy theory that Amazon bribes UPS to annoy everyone who doesn't have Prime.
As a matter of fact, shipping times for non-Prime members have tripled here. I'm fully convinced they delay shipping on purpose at this point. A few years ago before all the useless Prime shit started, we would receive orders within 1-2 days (which is now Prime delivery time). Non prime nowadays? Better feel lucky if you get your order within 4 days at the earliest.

Amzin

As a matter of fact, shipping times for non-Prime members have tripled here. I'm fully convinced they delay shipping on purpose at this point. A few years ago before all the useless Prime shit started, we would receive orders within 1-2 days (which is now Prime delivery time). Non prime nowadays? Better feel lucky if you get your order within 4 days at the earliest.

Non-prime stuff took 4-6 days years ago for me, a ways west of Chicago. Nowadays with Prime, I get stuff overnight as often as 1 day in KC. Location has a HUGE impact on Amazon delivery times it seems like, I bet I would get stuff in 2-3 days without Prime here.

Vanquish with M+K
:KneelingBow:

It does feel great, it gives me hope I may be able to complete Challenge 6 this time around, which I couldn't manage on 360 keeping me from /1000.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-4B562A1FA945BA30 - Taken by ThingontheFloor. 2 entrants total.
Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-781E7024935DD989 - Taken by Zeknurn. 24 entrants total.
Neon Drive -- MB-E080700828B0A8A6 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 25 entrants total.

t1495832892z1.png

Monooboe

Whoa, the end was sudden in D4, expected the game at least to get started and be more than two episodes. Sure you said as much and that I should expect it but I still got suprised.

Got it with the xbox game pass trial so it's all good eitherway but I am bummed that there isn't going to be any more.T_T

yuraya

Bethesda launcher is such trash. Every time Quake Champions opens its beta servers or game gets patched its forcing me to redownload the entire game. And the dl speeds are shit too. The 3rd or 4th time now I gotta download 9 gigs.

Like wtf is wrong with some of these companies in this day n age? Why are they having such a hard time creating a proper client that can properly download/update your games? First MS..now its Beth. Get good or release your games on steam ffs.

Bethesda launcher is such trash. Every time Quake Champions opens its beta servers or game gets patched its forcing me to redownload the entire game. And the dl speeds are shit too. The 3rd or 4th time now I gotta download 9 gigs.

Like wtf is wrong with some of these companies in this day n age? Why are they having such a hard time creating a proper client that can properly download/update your games? First MS..now its Beth. Get good or release your games on steam ffs.

A few weeks ago there was a bug where the lightning gun beam wouldn't show on your screen in certain cases when you were firing the weapon. The patch to fix that was a full client redownload. A full 10GB to fix this one bug. That's when I decided to delete it completely. Yeah it's beta and they might fix it but I can't be bothered anymore. Will have a look if it comes to Steam, but I don't expect the game to get a big community anyway.

Madventure

Whyyy. I'm getting flashbacks now.

Rust uses it and I've never had any problems with it and EAC and I have 1500 hours on rust, same with Seven Days to Die with their multiplayer stuff but only 200~ there
My experience with it is it only runs in the background when you start up the game, and you can actually just bring up the task manager and close it but you'll end up getting yourself in some problems with those games since they're trying to prevent cheating

Aaron D.

Someone should do a write up for Nex Machina and the new Cladun game :S
Here are the games I've written up about-

To name a few ;3

Thanks for your tireless efforts, Tizoc.

I'd love to drop a nod for the upcoming Long Dark - Faithful Cartographer update, but I don't think that officially qualifies for next month's OP.

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread. I forgot to put no thanks so dont worry about it lol
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology -- MB-9EDD219664B0897B - Taken by rainking187
Blitzkrieg Anthology -- MB-0E0B256FA6761178 - Taken by rainking187
Blue Estate -- MB-689A9C2E325BDAC3 - Taken by Saty
Blue Estate - 5C9BA-5360X-JHLF8Refunct -- MB-3C17FA44C15937ED - Taken by alr1ght
Breath of Death VII -- MB-BA1E3392532AB32B - Taken by Tonton
Cthulu Saves the World -- MB-3912A1B00792A7C3 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Dungeon Escape -- MB-74E29985F5372186 - Taken by sadblob
KWAAN -- MB-B4D2F5F5E91CDBB2 - Taken by data
Magma Tsunami -- MB-86DECEC982D95A01 - Taken by Madn
Razortron 2000 -- MB-F650C2C4FF319606 - Taken by fuzzy123
Shapes of Gray -- MB-EE97B37CAA7292B1 - Taken by Eila
Spirits of Xanadu -- MB-1E213FA06DDDBB0C - Taken by illusionary
Steel Rain -- MB-E1E8665EF73D44FC - Taken by Hakkelus
The Spirit Underneath -- MB-A3A36A669AA6714A - Taken by septicore
wave of darkness -- MB-E96C96A788D14B02 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
xheRJRF.gif
Postal 2 -- MB-895F0FE3100054F6
xheRJRF.gif
Postal 2: Paradise Lost -- MB-27FAC00482B55973 - Taken by DarKshodaN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNjrBUzXDJk

edit: this was supposed to be garbage day but I guess I put in the wrong command? is GARBAGE not correct?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh... also i forgot to do nothanks, also it looks like I put refunct next to the second copy of blue estate? :( too distracted by ELO :(

Haha, well, practically speaking, I'd say NOTHANKS is more of a vestigial thing. A few years ago, indie bundles were far less frequent and so too were giveaways, but these days you're likely to only be contacted directly if your unwanted spare happens to go to someone who had it on their shortlist or you otherwise raffle off something of notable value.

That being said, I use it myself just to make it clear that I'm not chasing validation or whatever.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really appreciate having both saoirses look kind of insane

also since i'm on my league break, i need a non-league avatar

also my hair is purple now so

hmmmm

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Stellaris -- MB-8B72B015898C59D8 - Taken by Volimar. 35 entrants total.

t1495851270z1.png

haendeul

Black Desert's strict Steam / non-Steam divide really sucks. I'm not allowed to use my email address since I already used it for a trial account when it first launched, and I don't want to use a burner email just to make an account.

Is there any workaround for this yet?

Edit: Actually scratch that. I was able to subvert that by just removing a punctuation in my address as gmail ignores those for its addresses and you can add or remove as many you want without it really affecting anything.

Echoplx

Black Desert's strict Steam / non-Steam divide really sucks. I'm not allowed to use my email address since I already used it for a trial account when it first launched, and I don't want to use a burner email just to make an account.

Is there any workaround for this yet?

If you are using gmail you can just add a + modifier to your main email

So anything sent to 'myemail+whateveryouwant@gmail.com would go to 'myemail@gmail.com'

haendeul

So anything sent to 'myemail+whateveryouwant@gmail.com would go to 'myemail@gmail.com'

Yeah I just figured it out by myself. I first thought they had a block for that, but it was just the error for the two emails not being identical yet that I mistook for the already used error. I blame it on being slightly tipsy. Thanks anyway.

Also in case anyone is wondering how my Windows 10 creator update audio problems from earlier is going I'm going to give it one more day to fix itself (which I doubt), and then I roll back to the previous version which seems to be the only way to fix it since the bug appeared in March.

Whaaat.. I wish I knew this.

I've just created an account from my secondary email earlier.

My main email has been used for the trial. Oh well..

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Stellaris -- MB-8B72B015898C59D8 - Taken by Volimar

t1495851270z1.png

BHK3

Banned
ITX computer builds are suppose to be small or something right? Whats a decent ITX build? I don't need anything too fancy, just something for my dad who streams a lot and mainly for internet and desktop use.

I know there's a PC build thread but I can't find it or remember what it was called.

Beat DD Neon. Uninstalled Dark Souls 2 as matchmaking was kind of dead. Uninstalled Shadowrun HK in the second to last bonus mission cause I was no longer feeling it.

700+ games. Nothing to play.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Rights issues.The movies is own by Activision, the code and the actual game is own by Microsoft and it was developed by a studio that no longer exists. it could come back, i just find it unlikely.

Black & White 1 & 2 are weird because EA has the rights to re-release them, just chooses not to. Much like original The Sims.

So The Movies is essentially in No One Lives Forever territory huh? :(

I wish EA would release BW1/2, they've been doing old games with On The House stuff anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom