• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

I mean this is the justification used for every single DRM measure ever. If it's laughed off in other cases I don't know why it would stick here.

Between implementing anti piracy measures when he's not even a stakeholder and implementing a blacklist to spite a minority of ungrateful people, this guy comes across as petty and vindictive.
Blacklist was only used in 2 extreme cases of trolling and spamming.

The anti-piracy check is also a form of him protecting his work towards copyright infringement, if I'm understanding it right.

Arminsc

I just noticed that I'm not junior anymore so here is a little giveaway to celebrate! :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arminsc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -- MB-9C094BB25E1DA965 - Taken by chronomac. 39 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-500EF61C3D8F18DC - Taken by Dio Brando. 15 entrants total.
Metrico Plus -- MB-95225FE9E92A6443 - Taken by Last Baron. 13 entrants total.
Super Rude Bear Resurrection -- MB-E271A8E08E43737F - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 6 entrants total.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-4D289ECA5FA092A8 - Taken by oni-link. 26 entrants total.
The Turing Test -- MB-DFD83C30C08172EC - Taken by Jadax. 43 entrants total.
Undertale -- MB-06E5AB607618A937 - Taken by Cth. 23 entrants total.

t1494427065z1.png

Kssio_Aug

Does anybody experience input lag while using a DS4?

edit: also, is DS4Windows safe?

Can't tell about the input lag cause I use an X360 pad. Apparently it's fine... I couldn't notice any.

About the DS4Windows, I'm pretty sure it's safe. Read a lot of people here on Gaf recommending it.

Tonton

It's not about the amount of towers but their quality

AC3 and 4 towers were pretty lame for me

Need some good,meaty towers

Kssio_Aug

Wasn't aware of that... well, I hope they try something significantly new. AC Unity actually made some changes which I appreciated (no eavesdropping missions, yaaay) but the overall package remained pretty much the same.

When I saw Syndicate gameplay and it was almost identical compared to Unity, but without co-op, that was lame. Never bought it... may give a chance later if I find for a really good price though.

Ubisoft needs to shake their open world formula urgently imo. AC and FC would benefit from it.

Javier23

Banned
I just found a good meaty tower in Stephens Sausage Roll

It made me shut the game off
Fuck that level. It just soured me on the whole game. Had to look it up after an unhealthy amount of hours trying to find out I had to do sth I definitely wasn't expecting the game would have me do
Have the upper sausages land on the upper half of the level
. It's not like the "physics" in the game are exactly tight.

All of a sudden, Sega PC ports err-ree where. I guess after Vanqusih will be Sega EU cool off period when it comes to porting. I wonder what the next one will be.

prudislav

Raiders_of_the_Broken_Planet_668x227.jpg

https://www.mercurysteam.com/raiders-of-the-broken-planet/
Raiders of the Broken Planet - #4Dividedby1 Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705m76iebys

The sci-fi cover shooter brawler launches on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at some point in 2017 with the Alien Myths campaign. This will then be followed up by three campaigns released throughout the year. These are Wardog Fury, Hades Betrayal and Council Apocalypse.

The idea, it seems, is that Raiders of the Broken Planet will be broken up into seasons, and so these four campaigns make up the 2017 season of campaigns.

Each campaign tells a parallel story and can be played in any order. They include new missions and new characters.
[/quote]

I just noticed that I'm not junior anymore so here is a little giveaway to celebrate! :D

Hell of a giveaway! Very nice of you, dude!

Sigh. I may have just spent the $3 and finally purchased Pathologic Classic HD from Humble Store. What should I know about this game before delving in? Or is it best to not really know anything? Because I'd be going in essentially completely blind

I'm not feeling the e3 hype but I guess it's good to keep my expectations in check. Watching the Sony/MS/Nintendo conferences is keeping an eye out for "Console Exclusive" since that usually means PC release or waiting for the PR sheet that will mention if the game is coming to PC or not.

The PC Gaming Show at e3 still needs some improvements before I can get excited for that.

M.D

Why is my item awaiting confirmation to be listed on the market when I had the process needed to list them without waiting done more than a month ago?

Why is my item awaiting confirmation to be listed on the market when I had the process needed to list them without waiting done more than a month ago?

Do you have the Steam authenticator app attached to your account? If so, has it been active for at least a week?

Same thing happened to me very recently. Waited the 30 days (as I hadn't made a Steam purchase in forever), then had to wait another week+ to sell some of my trading cards because I hadn't had the authenticator active. I had to log out and log back in for it to finally get my account to recognize it though and allow my marketplace items through immediately.

Anno

Larian just out out an update showing off their new Game Master mode for D:OS2 and it looks really good. Also a big update sometime in the next couple of weeks. Still no release date sadly, still some unknown date in 2017.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't like not being able to readily see on a store page friends who want the game/own the game. Valve plz.

It's a pretty glaring omission to be sure. If they don't add it back in the next couple of days, I'll probably end up adding it to Enhanced Steam.

Every game I own, I have at least one friend that has it on their wishlist (even Half Life 2, which I would have thought everyone had by now!). I'm trying to see what that dialog looks like if you own the game but don't have any friends that want it. Can anyone share a screenshot of such an occurrence?

M.D

Do you have the Steam authenticator app attached to your account? If so, has it been active for at least a week?

Same thing happened to me very recently. Waited the 30 days (as I hadn't made a Steam purchase in forever), then had to wait another week+ to sell some of my trading cards because I hadn't had the authenticator active. I had to log out and log back in for it to finally get my account to recognize it though and allow my marketplace items through immediately.

Yeah, I've had active it for at least a month or more now

Although it did stop asking me to type the security code from the phone ever since I told steam to remember my password a few days ago. Did that cancel my Steam Guard or something? I'm not sure :\

It's a pretty glaring omission to be sure. If they don't add it back in the next couple of days, I'll probably end up adding it to Enhanced Steam.

Every game I own, I have at least one friend that has it on their wishlist (even Half Life 2, which I would have thought everyone had by now!). I'm trying to see what that dialog looks like if you own the game but don't have any friends that want it. Can anyone share a screenshot of such an occurrence?

I found one Hare in the Hat

1NRsZFP.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Zeeman

Wait, what? It's not another Vanquish tease? Don't get my hopes up over nothing here!
For real, I've wanted to play Skies for years, but the GameCube version is just too damn expensive. I'd be really interested in a PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom