• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
King of Fighters 14 on Steam boys and girls.

Are you okay

YBL9hmF.jpg

Kudo

Battlegrounds is super fun. Also, it already started paying for itself.

Been interested in the game for a while now, so this sounds good. What do you mean though by paying for itself?

Said 'blacklist' has two SteamIDs, known to have harassed Kaldaien in the past.
Seems to me pirates are just butthurt they can't use his mod.

I think he's entirely allowed to do whatever he wants with his mods, nobody is forced to use them and if people have harassed him in the past I wouldn't want those people using fruits of my hard work either.

dex3108

Bayonetta is sitting at 165K copies sold on Steam. It could reach up to 300K by the end of the year. I would say that it is profitable :D

MUnited83

For you.
Been interested in the game for a while now, so this sounds good. What do you mean though by paying for itself?

I think he's entirely allowed to do whatever he wants with his mods, nobody is forced to use them and if people have harassed him in the past I wouldn't want those people using fruits of my hard work either.
The game has currency you win by playing. The better you place, the more currency you gain. You can then use that currency to buy crates of cosmetics. Those can be sold in the Steam market, and a few of them can be sold for 3-5$.

Not sure I buy that guy either. I've seen that quote copy and pasted a lot (its all over steam forums too) and as much as Kalaiden was an idiot for what he did, I haven't see any actual evidence he's just doing it to randos he argued with.

Said 'blacklist' has two SteamIDs, known to have harassed Kaldaien in the past.
Seems to me pirates are just butthurt they can't use his mod.

The blacklist is entirely composed of 2(Two) people, and those 2(Two people) did far more than just disagree. That there is drama around this is ridiculous. Nobody is entitled to his mods, and if he wants to ban assholes from using it, it's his right.

Basically what you're seeing right now is 4chan FuD being spread around and making shit up, just because the dude made a anti-piracy measure.

No. They do timed bans as well. Not sure if that's the case here.

Wait, so why did he get banned, and who banned him?

If it was by the moderator, what's the reason? If it was by reports by butthurt pirates, isn't it an abuse?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

If it was by the moderator, what's the reason? If it was by reports by butthurt pirates, isn't it an abuse?

Looks like it was done by a community mod, and not over his mod - but a comment he made:

The whole post.

I was banned for calling someone who was defaming me a "pirate moron." Of all the ludicrous things, that is not even one-tenth as insulting as the comments directed at me. I wouldn't be so bitter if moderators held these people to the same standards, but it just isn't the case -- I have to sit there and take whatever is thrown at me.

The volume of insults thrown at me is enough to make your head spin, but I don't see a single one of those people being banned. They're actively promoting piracy no less, which is a forum violation. I think almost as little of Steam moderators at this point as I do pirates.

A mod later commented that the ban was only temporary, and the thread calling for his head has been locked.

prudislav

from what i understood he admitted in one of the posts that he violated steamapi and steam tos (possibly deleted now)

I dont know to me detoriating gameplay (lowered fps, crashes or other stuff Kaldaens mods do) for pirates without a crystal clear sign ,that its because of pirated use,
could be more harmfull to the game than the piracy himself as the pirate who gets it will never buy it anyway and
will spread that the game is crashy mess to others

all in all i just hope PG is able to fix the game itself with patches .... after checking some post by him I dont really feel good to even download his mods ever again

MUnited83

For you.

The only reason he got banned was because he called someone a moron. The ban had exactly zero to do with his mod or the blacklist.

Jadax

Wow who gives a shit about all this? Why are some gaffers white-knighting him, whilst others have pitchforks out.

MUnited83

For you.
Wow who gives a shit about all this? Why are some gaffers white-knighting him, whilst others have pitchforks out.
I give a shit about dumbasses harassing him. One because people shouldn't be harassed over a free mod they made, and two because that harassment just makes it likely the modder will abandon the scene, which will be a pretty big loss considering his great track record.

Jadax

I give a shit about dumbasses harassing him. One because people shouldn't be harassed over a free mod they made, and two because that harassment just makes it likely the modder will abandon the scene, which will be a pretty big loss considering his great track record.

So I actually made the effort to read some of the posts this guy made, and he comes off as a complete dickhead. He has serious ego issues. I understand that he has some good mods, but that doesn't mean he gets to treat people they way he has - hell, what he has published is nowhere near as good as things some of our own gaffers have, and do you see them running their mouth on the forums? (I haven't used any of his mods so going on mod descriptions).

On the other hand, I don't support people giving him shit for having anti-piracy features in his mod, it's his mod - he can do whatever he wants with it.

Knurek

Not according to the harassers:

Mivey

He really shouldn't engage on Steam forums at any rate. Neogaf would probably a more useful and better moderated place. Also enough users to get proper feedback on stuff. I mean, does he like abuse thrown at him?
As far as "ego" is concerned: I don't see the issue, his software made Zestiria certainly more playable by far for me. If he wants to brag, sure, whatever.

Wok

It is not obvious to me that the comment which you quoted was written by one of the harassers.

What is happening?

Some modder was performing Steam forum moderation by banning spammers from using his mod, or something along this line.

If you're being an obstacle to my ability to offer support to end-users, that's how you get blacklisted. Go spam one of my threads with 100 posts in a row while I'm trying to help someone. Now your SteamID is going to be added to the list of two people.

Ascheroth

It is not obvious to me that the comment which you quoted was written by one of the harassers.

Some modder was performing Steam forum moderation by banning spammers from using his mod, or something along this line.

That's not forum moderation, that's just 'moderating' his own work - which is open source and can be recompiled by whoever wants anyway.
He really shouldn't engage on Steam forums at any rate. Neogaf would probably a more useful and better moderated place. Also enough users to get proper feedback on stuff. I mean, does he like abuse thrown at him?
As far as "ego" is concerned: I don't see the issue, his software made Zestiria certainly more playable by far for me. If he wants to brag, sure, whatever.
And this.

Why did Steam change game store pages layout? I can't see friends owning a game or on their wishlist unless I click on the button now. Why the extra pain?

I just realized I haven't touched Dragon's Dogma since the release of Nier, which I only finished a few days ago. Now with P5 and TITS it'll be months before I go back to it. I was enjoying it but these games have priority for me.

Durante

Crossed the 15 hour mark with Trails in the Sky: FC over the weekend and I absolutely love it.

And I'm not even a JRPG guy!

In an ironic twist of fate it was exactly the 15 hour mark when I dropped Witcher 3 out of sheer boredom a month or so back.

And I totally am a WRPG guy!
TitS games are JRPGs for WRPG fans.

RiME is now available on cdkeys for little less than 20€.
I am pretty sure that this is the best price so far.
Or you can get it from me for 7 TF2 keys. But i guess that's for Buy/Sell/Trade thread, so ignore me.
Halo Wars 2 coming to steam
I still have a feeling that some sort of Steam/Xbox integration is MS huge news for E3 and Scorpio reveal. Now release Forza Horizon 3 on Steam, i'll install windows 10 for this game if they'll do this.

kiyomi

Deadcore looks good. Anyone has played it?

Conceptually brilliant, but the frame pacing is actually atrocious, no matter what I tried (Afterburner, etc), that game never feels smooth. It's pretty fast paced from what I remember so it was a huge issue for me that stopped me from enjoying it.

Wok

That's not forum moderation, that's just 'moderating' his own work - which is open source and can be recompiled by whoever wants anyway.

This is moderation of either Steam forum or Github issues, but not his mod. Once again, I quote his own words:

If you're being an obstacle to my ability to offer support to end-users, that's how you get blacklisted. Go spam one of my threads with 100 posts in a row while I'm trying to help someone. Now your SteamID is going to be added to the list of two people.

I understand his work is modified in order to ban the few people who do not behave correctly in the forum threads from using his mod. So this is forum moderation and not "moderation".

kiyomi

Why did Steam change game store pages layout? I can't see friends owning a game or on their wishlist unless I click on the button now. Why the extra pain?

And you can't see it at all if you already own the game in question. I guess Valve don't want me buying games for my friends.

On the other hand, I don't support people giving him shit for having anti-piracy features in his mod, it's his mod - he can do whatever he wants with it.

Why are people calling it an anti-piracy measure when it's actually a blacklist for him to block people he doesn't like? Or are these two separate things?

Xanathus

Is anyone else who is in a region-restricted country able to see any region-restriction messages on Steam store pages? I notice that I no longer see them and wonder if that means that I can gift games out to people outside my country. Or is it a feature of Steam Enhanced that is hiding the message?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom