• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned

I checked out some pics of it, and even with the colors popping out more and the better textures, it still looks ugly to me? Just too grey and murky, and I'm not a big fan of Bethesda's art direction in general.

Levyne

Banned
Looking forward to Tyranny!

I never did get around to the White Marsh little dlcs for Pillars, never noticed them on a decent deal.

Ludens

Banned
Completed King's Quest. Honestly...I don't know what to say. Because there are things I liked a lot, and things I disliked too.
Let's say from Episode 1 the global quality decreased a lot, with just a bunch of really new locations and characters.
Episode 5 expecially
is just a collection of things you already saw, and revisited puzzles not too challenging.

The mood, the story and the art is really good, but it feels like the studio didn't get the money they needed to deliver something on par with episode 1. Still a totally worth game, I'm waiting for the epilogue.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We should be getting the annual "Fall Sale" in a couple of weeks, the discounts are going to yuge

Make sure to check back on November 28th for tremendous deals. There will be so many deals, you'll be tired of deals.

Believe me, I know deals.

I bought Dead Space during this sale and I'm looking at picking up Dead Space 2.

I notice it says it uses DRM (Tages). I have no idea what Tages is, anyone able to tell me?

fantomena

The best seller list is so damn rigged if Owlboy doesn't reach #1 for at least 24 hours.

It's even Norwegians who's behind the game, so I have to buy it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bought Dead Space during this sale and I'm looking at picking up Dead Space 2.

I notice it says it uses DRM (Tages). I have no idea what Tages is, anyone able to tell me?

Tages is a hardware-based DRM meaning that it will install drivers on your system and "lock" the game into your hardware set. Dead Space 2 allows for 5 such hardware locks, of which you can manually de-activate one of your licences before loading another one (ie. before changing your hardware). Uninstalling the game will also remove that activation.

The nasty downside is, of course, that eventually if you're not careful you can end up in a situation where all of your licences are used up and you can't activate the game any more. This is counter-intuitive to something like CEG ("Steam DRM") that allows you to buy a game once and it's tied to your account forever and you can download it and install it as many times as you'd like on as many different hardware configurations of your choosing.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_2#Activation_limits

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The best seller list is so damn rigged if Owlboy doesn't reach #1 for at least 24 hours.

Speaking of which, a reminder that it doesn't unlock in 11 minutes as the unlock countdown timer is still an hour off (it'll change to "... in approximately less than an hour").

Edit: As expected, Emergency 2016 is now Steam Store history.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

We need to watch the charts and make sure, you all know, make sure that, and it's so, so important folks, that our charts are fair.

Go out and buy Owlboy twice because we can't afford to let crooked Skyrim win.

Phinor

I'm sure Norwegians will do their job. My Summer Car has been #1 in Finland ever since it was released, even through this halloween sale.

Tizoc

KXUUQSJ.png

All for $68~

Come on Humble gimme dat code X3

Werd

Dark Souls 3 down, first Souls game I've actually finished.. though I only stopped playing 2 because I bought 3 while I was in the middle of it. Did all the optional areas and think I only missed a couple items + broken quest lines.

Great game, though I wish it didn't take so much to upgrade weapons. I basically stuck to one sword the final 2/3 the game because without maxing another weapon out they couldn't come close in damage and by the time I had enough extra top end materials to do so I didn't want to waste them on a weapon I wasn't sure was worthwhile. Felt like a bit of the waste of the large variety of weapons/move sets.

Tages is a hardware-based DRM meaning that it will install drivers on your system and "lock" the game into your hardware set. Dead Space 2 allows for 5 such hardware locks, of which you can manually de-activate one of your licences before loading another one (ie. before changing your hardware). Uninstalling the game will also remove that activation.

The nasty downside is, of course, that eventually if you're not careful you can end up in a situation where all of your licences are used up and you can't activate the game any more. This is counter-intuitive to something like CEG ("Steam DRM") that allows you to buy a game once and it's tied to your account forever and you can download it and install it as many times as you'd like on as many different hardware configurations of your choosing.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_2#Activation_limits

That doesn't sound like a huge problem for me as I'm unlikely to be affecting by it. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom