• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreda

Finished SUPERHOT. I loved how you could finish a level and think 'that was rough', then look at the replay on normal speed and you look like the most badass mofo that ever lived. Disarming enemies, slicing bullets and half, getting two kills with a katana throw... I loved it, but not enough to get into the challenges/speedrun stuff.

Would you recommend it at full price or on sale? As I've read while it's great it's very short.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Would you recommend it at full price or on sale? As I've read while it's great it's very short.

Full price I'd say it's pretty steep, but with the current sale it's a more fitting price. I definitely don't regret spending the €14. The story mode is pretty short but it feels perfect for the type of experience.

If you really want to play it (like I did), go for it. Sale only lasts a few more hours anyway.

Also getting Owlboy this evening.

Alex_CWB

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Alex_CWB, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy -- MB-86B5DE3371D8B800 - Taken by darkchewie

t1478003544z1.png
2 days for XanaNext... \o/

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
LOL, this thread made me laugh. Can’t believe it’s November already.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finished SUPERHOT. I loved how you could finish a level and think 'that was rough', then look at the replay on normal speed and you look like the most badass mofo that ever lived. Disarming enemies, slicing bullets and half, getting two kills with a katana throw... I loved it, but not enough to get into the challenges/speedrun stuff.
Yup, I played it last weekend and enjoyed it too. Tried a couple of challenges, but I don't feel like beating them all.

I also finished Inside. It's good, but not great. It abuses the "just walk right with nothing happening" sections, which is fine at first but gets tiring after a while, and the water sections were mostly boring. Also, the story did nothing for me. Definitely liked it a lot less than Limbo.

Then thanks for the heads-up! I have a 3DS as well since a month or so, but I would rather play it on my PC if the port is good.

Also an important question, is Nabs going to change the Obamatar very soon? :-O
Don't know how the PC port will be, but 999's hook is dependent on it being played on two screens. And the most crucial moment in the game requires a portable system, for reasons I won't spoil.

Bluth54

Looking forward to Tyranny and Owlboy this month.

Just finished Quantum Break this morning, gameplay was decent but the story, characters and locations weren't as good as Alan Wake. The 4 TV show episodes were pretty boring and probably should just be skipped. The final boss fight has a weird sudden jump in difficulty, I died more times during that fight then the rest of the game combined.

Anno

Yay new thread. Excited for Tyranny and Dishonored this month, and will likely pick up Owl Boy as well since the reviews are so glowing. The 2016 game train rolls on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just finished Quantum Break this morning, gameplay was decent but the story, characters and locations weren't as good as Alan Wake. The 4 TV show episodes were pretty boring and probably should just be skipped. The final boss fight has a weird sudden jump in difficulty, I died more times during that fight then the rest of the game combined.

Yeah, that Serene's "grenades" chase you around the level makes it immensely frustrating. The fight almost compelled me to finally use a gun other than a pistol, but I persevered.

Jawmuncher

I felt Quantum Break was better than Alan Wake in every conceivable way. Really enjoyed what QB did. Thinking of playing it again at some point.

I'm kind of lukewarm towards Tyranny and I'm not sure why. Usually RPGs are right up my alley. I guess I'm kind of concerned about the length (and potential lack of substance)? Which is silly when Shadowrun works so well with it.

Curious to see impressions/reviews on it, though.
I felt Quantum Break was better than Alan Wake in every conceivable way. Really enjoyed what QB did. Thinking of playing it again at some point.

That's certainly a... bar to pass.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
MRORANGE is Donald Trump confirmed

6ApCvr4.png

Good job morningbus

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thanks everyone. 2 bits of business, though:

1) I'm not sure if Modbot was linked to this thread, so someone with the keys please check on that.

2) if you have any game write-ups, please send them to me or post them in the thread and I'll include it.

Good to see the tradition stay alive.

It's to save myself time, really. I spend about 4 to 5 hours a day looking up who won GOTY 2014.

Parsnip

So, November eh.

Played through the Hokkaido location in Hitman. It's a pretty dense and great map.

Also finished Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass (and I'm counting it as game 30).
I'm quite disappointed at RotTR overall. I don't generally enjoy the combat all that much, Lara sounds awful, the story is terrible and general writing is also terrible. Nice performance capture though.
And the way it sets up a sequel is just awful.
Most of the tombs were alright I guess. I wish the next game would have more opportunities for stealth.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Bluth54

Yeah, that Serene's "grenades" chase you around the level makes it immensely frustrating. The fight almost compelled me to finally use a gun other than a pistol, but I persevered.

His mega grenades were even worse since the camera turns towards them so you can't see where you're running and can easily get stuck on something so you can't escape the blast. It's strange they never noticed the issues with the battle in testing, especially since it got delayed by several months.

gabbo

I hate to tell you, but the Irish aren't sending their best alright? They are sending rapists, they are sending drugs, and they are sending bad actors. I call for extreme vetting of the Irish.

Didn't America do that one once already...

jshackles

Subbed. Hoping for some good deals this month

We should be getting the annual "Fall Sale" in a couple of weeks, the discounts are going to yuge

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can't we all just get along?

I'd never noticed how large Trump's head is.

His mega grenades were even worse since the camera turns towards them so you can't see where you're running and can easily get stuck on something so you can't escape the blast. It's strange they never noticed the issues with the battle in testing, especially since it got delayed by several months.

I actually didn't have any trouble with them as Remedy was nice enough to place the spawn points at the corners of the level.

jshackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom