• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam now allows you to permanently remove games from your account.

RM8

WHAT?!?!?! Really?

giphy.gif

I don't enjoy them, I don't plan to play them in the future, and I can't gift them. I swear I'd give them to people who want them if I could, but as it's stands, I prefer if they don't show up in my library.

Nishastra

Banned
Boo. The stuff I wanted to get rid of was part of a bundle and since it was a single key, you can only remove the whole bundle.

Sweet. I asked Steam Support to remove APB (not Reloaded) years back and they couldn't do it; that was in my games list for a long time after it crashed and burned. It eventually vanished though.
I'm only getting rid of Vegas Make It Big.
This was my immediate thought as soon as I saw the thread title. It's been a plague on my games list for years now.

Now to convince all my friends to delete Bad Rats.

oti

Banned
Bundles come to mind.

Sure, I have a bunch of RTS games I'll never touch thanks to older humble bundles but still, is it really worth more to not see those games on a list than the worth of the games themselves? That just sounds crazy from an econ perspective.

Sure, I have a bunch of RTS games I'll never touch thanks to older humble bundles but still, is it really worth more to not see those games on a list than the worth of the games themselves? That just sounds crazy from an econ perspective.

Well you can't resell them... I have a few random games on my list that are worth nothing to me. I would consider deleting to them. I know I will never play them, they've been sitting on my account for years now.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
This is great, time to remove about 100 games.

Too bad we can't just gift them.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I've been dreaming of this feature for years. Now just let us rename the games in our library and I'll be mostly content.

ghostjoke

Banned
Nice to have the option I guess but I'll will keep my shame. I await the story of someone getting angry because they keep buying a game and then deleting it in an attempt to go cold turkey.

hamchan

Wow, why would anyone do this? Especially when you have the option to hide the games.

Seems like a great way for someone who manages to get into your account unauthorised to super screw you over now though.

dk_

I still can't remove Serious Sam HD Second Encounter which is always on top in my recently played list. :-(

"Game purchased: Yesterday" NO STEAM

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why would you do this though?

Wow, why would anyone do this? Especially when you have the option to hide the games.

Seems like a great way for someone who manages to get into your account unauthorised to super screw you over now though.
Oh god didn't even think of this. lol

I have a lot of duplicate stuff like some popular WWII strategy game and GTA San Andreas that gave me multiple versions for whatever reason but why would you want to get rid of a game that you paid for? I understand that Burnout Paradise is the scourge of racing games and killed the franchise but I'd still keep it on my list even though it brings me pain when I see it. That game should have come with a rally style navigator. That game is BS.

I hate that game.

I'm deleting it.

oti

Banned
I have a lot of duplicate stuff like some popular WWII strategy game and GTA San Andreas that gave me multiple versions for whatever reason but why would you want to get rid of a game that you paid for? I understand that Burnout Paradise is the scourge of racing games and killed the franchise but I'd still keep it on my list even though it brings me pain when I see it. That game should have come with a rally style navigator. That game is BS.

I hate that game.

I'm deleting it.

I hate Burnout Paradise too.

Can't you already "hide" games so you can't seem them?

Why would you want to literally "destroy" a game so that you'd have to buy it again if you ever got a weird impulse to play it again?
Bundle trash. Sometimes, you buy a bundle for one or two games but add like 6. So it's nice to be able to prune my library and get rid of games I never was interested in owning in the first place.

Wonder how this affects Steamspy.

Eila

Sounds like some people don't know how to hide games so here's a quick gif.
cjuB8tZ.gif

If people still want to delete their games forever go for it, though.
Does deleting the games erase the playtime, achievements, etc.? Becase if it's like the free trials it won't erase the fact that you played Neptunia or whatever.

I still can't remove Serious Sam HD Second Encounter which is always on top in my recently played list. :-(

"Game purchased: Yesterday" NO STEAM

happened to me with trauma

your pc time was fucked up

make sure the date is today, and play it then close it immediately

then you can do it

RobNBanks

Banned
Why not just keep them uninstalled or hidden?

it was during time when I was just buying everything and anything

i dont want this trash anymore. hiding isnt enough

Intelligence isn't a strong suit of some people. I'll keep my games unless I can turn them into something other than absolutely nothing.

yea you're right. I make donald trump look like albert einstein because I don't want trash in my steam library

those $2 man...idk how i'm gonna live

zma1013

Doesn't seem like the greatest idea. If someone gets their account stolen, bad things could happen before they get it back.

Top Bottom