• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam now allows you to permanently remove games from your account.

JustinBB7

I'm guessing this is because of all the extra security they have been pushing lately they can finally feel safeish to allow this.

Hikami

I wouldn't remove anything I've actually bought.. I did remove Maplestory though. (free to play game)
85dc0b687b.png

I was ashamed of having it near the top of my games list by playtime. Now it's gone.

Caffeine

I wouldn't remove anything I've actually bought.. I did remove Maplestory though. (free to play game)

I was ashamed of having it near the top of my games list by playtime. Now it's gone.

ur deleting dark souls for 80 hours of game time o_O ?

If you share your account with a friend and he gets pissed at you, couldn't he log in as you and delete all your games or is there a fail safe mechanism in place to prevent this from happening?

Caffeine

If you share your account with a friend and he gets pissed at you, couldn't he log in as you and delete all your games or is there a fail safe mechanism in place to prevent this from happening?

Never tell your password to anyone.

it says it in every chat window lol.

No, that was just to show that Maplestory is gone from that list. It used to be above Dark Souls.

oh lol ok then.

Eusis

If I delete something it will be because I can't possibly play it at all. Period.

. . . Hmm, does Stubbs REALLY not work on newer Windows OSes at all?

Eila

Well, you're not supposed to share your account with anyone. You could just lie and say you got hacked when submitting a ticket to steam support, I guess.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Can we delete demos too?

(Hey PS4, I still want to reduce the clutter in my library! Take note!)

Did people buy Bad Rats ironically or something?

I think that before introduction of Steam inventory you could force gifts onto people, or maybe they were not as knowledgeable, or something like that. Then for a while it had really expensive cards, so grinding these out could end up profitable.

SoulUnison

Banned
good bye binding of isaac

See you in hell, Lost Planet.

i actually used this on like 44 games. all from bundles.

Literally throwing money away.

Why not just hide them?

Maybe in 10 years you'll get a weird urge to play those games that've been forgotten in your library.
Maybe you'll have family members or their kids use your computer, and some of those games would be good for keeping them busy.

There's a million reasons to keep something and no real reasons to just...destroy it when you already have the option of hiding it.

I must have 100+ games that came from Humble Bundles and Steam Sale Bundles and shit, but damn if I'm going to delete them so that I never even have the *option* of trying them, or showing them to someone, or just...anything.

It's like going to Costco and buying stuff in bulk and then throwing away 75%of the product because "I was never going to use that much anyway, and it's so annoying, the way it sits on the shelf where I can see it."

Well then put it in a fucking closet or drawer!

shaowebb

Change your password after setting him up on family share. DONE. Seriously, dont give them free reign of your actual account. Just setup up the family share thing.

SWEET KNIVES OF NEWELL!

I really wanted this but I never thought they would actually do it. Now I can finally get rid of Dear Esther, by far the worst game I've ever purchased.

By the by, I'm not anti modern non-action pro-exploration games such as Dear Esther, I love Gone Home. I just think Dear Esther is a really, really bad one of those games.

SWEET KNIVES OF NEWELL!

I really wanted this but I never thought they would actually do it. Now I can finally get rid of Dear Esther, by far the worst game I've ever purchased.

By the by, I'm not anti modern non-action pro-exploration games such as Dear Esther, I love Gone Home. I just think Dear Esther is a really, really bad one of those games.

If Dear Esther is the worst you've ever purchased you must have a god-level collection.

I was about to delete Dirt 3, but not sure if that will take Dirt 3 Complete Edition with it (which I want to keep).
See, this I can understand. Dirt 3 CE is Dirt 3 just with more, so it makes total sense to delete D3. It should have converted D3 to D3 CE automatically anyway.

I hope you figure it out and it works for you.

Gren

Guess I'll delete some F2P stuff that I think popped up with specific purchases (Dead Island Epidemic). Otherwise, I guess I'm too much of a miser to part with even digital stuff I paid for, bundle flotsam or not. Least it's just lines of text that I can hide via Installed view anyways.

jacobeid

Banned
I have a separate folder in my library already for Arkham Knight. Maybe it's time to finally rid myself of that trash.

/s but I'm tempted

Marow

I see absolutely no reason to do this. You lose something and gain nothing in return. You can hide games, too.

All I see is the possibility for hackers or jerks to delete games (without you noticing).

I have a separate folder in my library already for Arkham Knight. Maybe it's time to finally rid myself of that trash.

/s but I'm tempted
They're offering no quibble refunds on Arkham Knight until the end of the year. So, refund that and get your money back.

Farewell to:

X-COM: Terror From The Deep
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
The Ultimate Doom

It won't let me get Realm of the Mad God off my Games list. I don't even know how it got on there in the first place.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I see absolutely no reason to do this. You lose something and gain nothing in return. You can hide games, too.

Hiding games doesn't remove them from showing up in your profile with their playtime. This is a godsend for clearing out betas, F2P games, and other assorted titles that you want to erase from memory.

Persona7

Banned
Literally throwing money away.

Why not just hide them?

Maybe in 10 years you'll get a weird urge to play those games that've been forgotten in your library.
Maybe you'll have family members or their kids use your computer, and some of those games would be good for keeping them busy.

There's a million reasons to keep something and no real reasons to just...destroy it when you already have the option of hiding it.

I must have 100+ games that came from Humble Bundles and Steam Sale Bundles and shit, but damn if I'm going to delete them so that I never even have the *option* of trying them, or showing them to someone, or just...anything.

It's like going to Costco and buying stuff in bulk and then throwing away 75%of the product because "I was never going to use that much anyway, and it's so annoying, the way it sits on the shelf where I can see it."

Well then put it in a fucking closet or drawer!

I don't like it and want it gone from my library.

Good riddance to all those unwanted bundle games, god knows how many Sam & Max episodes (which I ended up never playing) and super janky indie games with no proper controller support.

Marow

Hiding games doesn't remove them from showing up in your profile with their playtime. This is a godsend for clearing out betas, F2P games, and other assorted titles that you want to erase from memory.
F2P and betas can already be removed, though? I've done that myself. And if you really fear seeing said titles despite hiding them, how about just put them in a folder?

Top Bottom