• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Hey SteamGaf. I have RPG Maker MV and I think I should make a SteamGaf RPG. Who wants to be in it?

Please let me know if you want to be a villain, hero or just one of the towns folk. Also I'm aiming to get it done before MV launches proper so there will be many corners cut.

Let me know if you want me to use something similar to your avatar.

sounds cool
human villain sounds cool for me

Hey SteamGaf. I have RPG Maker MV and I think I should make a SteamGaf RPG. Who wants to be in it?

Please let me know if you want to be a villain, hero or just one of the towns folk. Also I'm aiming to get it done before MV launches proper so there will be many corners cut.

I want to be a symbol or badge of the knights in the game.
'Knights of the crystal'.

Dsyndrome

Sure, Wiegraf needs to be a hero for a change.

I'll contact you about it later. I might be making my own avatar soon.

Kanokare

Yay October, one of the best months! Hoping Tales of Zestie gets that last goal for Symphie. Most likely a wave of people will be buying it towards the end before release.

The only good thing about October is that next month is November which is when fallout 4 graces our steam accounts. I hope gmg doesnt bitch out and honor that $30 copy i got

Annubis

My mom gave me her old laptop (very weak and falling apart) and I'm wondering what to do with it.

Suggestions?
It's WinXP and old as ass. Not even strong enough to play 1080 videos.

Tizoc

What if Fallout 4 ends up being another Mad Max; jack of all trades that ticks all the boxes but nothing makes it stand out as a great game?

i mean

it's a fighting game

with terrible character designs

that charges like 40usd for dlc

so yea not my kind of game

Says the guy with a league of legends avatar.

My mom gave me her old laptop (very weak and falling apart) and I'm wondering what to do with it.

Suggestions?

Fill it to the brim with vintage games. Free up your main HDD for the good stuff.

What if Fallout 4 ends up being another Mad Max; jack of all trades that ticks all the boxes but nothing makes it stand out as a great game?

Thats where mods come in and save the day, lets be real, beth does a pretty eh job anyway, they have modders complete the game for them

Caerith

Suggestions?
Recycle it.

I don't mind getting a game that doesn't interest me if it means we first get an awesome movie starring Charlize Theron.

zkylon

zkylewd
it won't

that's not to say it'll be good, but that doesn't sound in beth's style

what's that even mean

league of legends is a free game, you can argue about their pricing but at the very least u don't have to pay for the main game on top of ridiculous dlc prices

L.O.R.D

Quick guys
Train simulator 2016 dlc is on sales

Grab it before too late

1454012854024157614.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At least it still contains Ricochet

It can't be installed, though, since the sub doesn't have the data depot. Either it was left behind as a mistake or it's supposed to be there so the sub has something for Steam to register upon activation.

Edit: Oh, wait, Ricochet's data depot and the general GoldSrc ones are in sub 0.

zkylon

zkylewd
That would be better than what the actual game is going to be lol

i dunno, i think i may actually like it because it seems to be so far away from what real fallout is that it might turn out to be a fun spinoff for me

like fallout shelter or something, just a dumb thing to not be too obsessed about that brings me joy only because it's got familiar faces in it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What was it, anyway? Press/media materials?

It was a package intended for notable media outlets that contained most stuff released on the store prior to earlyish 2014 (publishers could remove content from it they wanted to, and Valve changed things last year such that the sub no longer automatically updated whenever something released). I assume it still entitles people to cost-free purchases on the store, though.

It was a package intended for notable media outlets that contained most stuff released on the store prior to early'ish-2014 (publishers could remove content from it they wanted to, and Valve changed things last year such that the sub no longer automatically updated whenever something released). I assume it still entitles people to cost-free purchases on the store, though.

Hmmm... interesting. Can't say I'm surprised. Maybe they figured it was time to end the free ride.

Tizoc

what's that even mean

league of legends is a free game, you can argue about their pricing but at the very least u don't have to pay for the main game on top of ridiculous dlc prices

Free or not the prices for costumes are still pretty high.
You and your double standards zky-zky-chan.

zkylon

zkylewd
Free or not the prices for costumes are still pretty high.
You and your double standards zky-zky-chan.
it'd be double standards if the situation was the same

and it's not

one game's free, the other's not

one game charges 8 dollars for a skin that usually has a lot of extra value (vfx, sfx, splash art, new animations), the other bundles a billion clothes swaps together so they can charge ludicrous prices for the one skin that shows the 2% covered boob in one of the original outfits

Tizoc

it'd be double standards if the situation was the same

and it's not

one game's free, the other's not

one game charges 8 dollars for a skin that usually has a lot of extra value (vfx, sfx, splash art, new animations), the other bundles a billion clothes swaps together so they can charge ludicrous prices for the one skin that shows the 2% covered boob in one of the original outfits

Doa 5 LR has an F2P ver. on Consoles.
You can get the Steam ver. by using up one's Steam credit.
Both games monetize from alternate outfits/skins/costumes, regardless of whether those outfits add extra sfx or not, they're still pricey cosmetics in both games.

Sorceror, any kind.

zkylon

zkylewd
Doa 5 LR has an F2P ver. on Consoles.
idc about doa on consoles

You can get the Steam ver. by using up one's Steam credit.
you can sell your steam account and buy rp for league of legends

Both games monetize from alternate outfits/skins/costumes, regardless of whether those outfits add extra sfx or not, they're still pricey cosmetics in both games.
league doesn't bundle them so they cost as much as a full game

and i've criticized when league did the same practice with chromas which is why i don't buy them

on skins tho, it's really good value in comparison to most f2p games

Dsyndrome

Transfer from an old 3DS to the "new 3DS" via wireless may not have been the smartest answer, this is gonna take forever.

My goal for October is to beat a Horror Game that's been installed on my laptop and sitting there, and Wolfenstein: TNO. For the horror, I can choose between Black Mirror, Nightmares from the Deep, Amnesia: Dark Descent, Alien: Isolation, Call of Cthulhu: DCotE, Cat Lady, Close Your Eyes, Corpse of Discovery, Cryostasis, Shadowgate (counting it as horror), and SOMA.

Something on that list should be doable, just have to stay motivated through the month.

just remembered I should be getting a Beta key for Vermintide tomorrow (assuming the Alienware giveaway thing went correctly last week)...looking forward to trying it out

Tizoc

idc about doa on consoles
Irrelevant; it's a F2P game similar to League of Legends, that offers alt. outfits/skins/costumes for high prices. Doesn't matter the platform it's on, the practice is there.

you can sell your steam account and buy rp for league of legends
Not really worth the investment, and that sounds very Lol-shill to me...

league doesn't bundle them so they cost as much as a full game

and i've criticized when league did the same practice with chromas which is why i don't buy them

on skins tho, it's really good value in comparison to most f2p games

League does do bundles for various outfits. Full games can cost as much as $20 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom