• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October II 2014 - PC Gaming: Getting a D in Yoga class

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is it pretty much gonna be horror games on sale next week? Or will we maybe get the STALKER games too or something?

And I think it's time for an avatar change. I've noticed 2 or 3 other people with the same Link avatar. I'm either gonna go with another Link avatar or this
fallout-avatars-vault-boy-painting.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm wondering if you'll even be able to tell what it is when it's shrunk down. I might just try to find another Vault Boy one if this doesn't look good.

Vault 106 was some freaky shit.

louiedog

The animated .gif definitely has the whole "box bodies with stringy noodle limbs", Sword & Sworcery sprite thing going on, which I hate. The splash image on the page shows that the artist can work in a more appealing style, so I'm really hoping they'll reconsider the look of the characters for the finished game.

I'm with you. I have no issue with pixel art in general. I adore a lot of it. But that specific style of character design that's popped up in a handful of games is really off putting to me.

Nabs

Thought y'all would like to hear that I announced my new free expansion for Cook, Serve, Delicious today, called CSD: Battle Kitchen!

Weekly Challenges!
Local Multiplayer!
Campaign Co-Op!
Tournaments!
eSports!
WOOOOOOOOOO

Lots more info here: http://chubigans.tumblr.com/post/100764627289/cook-serve-delicious-battle-kitchen-revealed-weekly

Thanks SteamGAF for all the support you've given me since CSD launched last year, I deeply appreciate it. Y'all are the best. :)

Awesome update. I'm glad to hear that sales are going good.

Phinor

That's Ryse done then. It's actually a solid game? If it was released as a $30 title, I think it would/should have received review scores in the high 70s, low 80s even. As a full price game though, there just isn't enough content or variety. Also couple of the boss battles were complete crap. I don't think there should be any boss battles in a game if you don't know how to make them interesting or entertaining. Same goes for unlocks and leveling, there was no reason for this game to have those features other than being a big budget full price game, so you "have" to have that stuff in your game.

Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot more than Darksiders/DMC/Revengeance/Lords of Shadow, not that it's similar but those games came immediately to my mind as recent disappointments. For some reason I enjoyed the combat in Ryse quite a bit even if it's quite basic but I certainly don't enjoy combat in any of the other games I mentioned. Go figure.

If it looks remotely interesting and you want a 5 hour singleplayer campaign with good visuals, pick it up when it's on sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone here manage to get on the Double Action: Boogaloo store page ? Game doesn't pop up in search for me. Alternatively if someone has the install command I might be able to do something with the app #.

edit : nvm got it through firefox instead of the client.

jshackles

Speaking of which, how's that stuck notification fix coming along?

It was released in version 7.0. Basically now when you have a trade offer (even a stuck one) you should see a button with an "X" in it in the upper right hand side. Clicking that should let you decline the trade offer even if the offer is stuck.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Crazy Plant Shop -- MB-B21526A276CB6089 - Taken by derExperte
Type:Rider -- MB-FFBF11F9E123C0BE - Taken by Casimir

zkylon

zkylewd
the hell is that enforcer cop game

like police sim with permadeath about placing speedlimit cameras and breathalyzer tests with also house decoration and also you can abuse your power but there are consequences!!

a stress meter you can lower by watching tv and taking naps

that's kind of hilarious and awesome at the same time

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when I find out that I have strep throat.

Fallout 3: GOTY is 2,50€ at gamersgate

Gamersgate deals:
  • Fallout franchise (including 1, 2 & tactics Steamworks versions) 66-75% off

And New Vegas' Ultimate Edition is $6.80, time to buy a PC version of it.

I hope you're happy now that I finally bought it, zkylon :p

Milamber does this make any sense to you?

Probably my favorite use of the comparison joke yet.

if it helps

the game has things in place so you don't play too much a day

so like one hour a day and that's it!

you don't need to play all that much!

I should mention that I still need to play Analogue too. Just using up all of the excuses today.

Darkseed_5ass.jpg

This sums up my headache.
Also night dive needs to work on getting dark seed next after nolf.

I'd buy that instantly. And then try to see if Ripper could be brought to digital stores, no idea if it could be done, thanks to the copyrights on Blue Oyster Cult's music. And (I know it's already available on GOG, but I prefer just using Steam) bring Phantasmagoria to Steam, if Sierra/Activision allows it.

Night Dive please.

the poll terrorists won :(

I just wanted to post something related to Jojo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Enslaved on PC looks great (game always had great art direction) but whats up with the weird squiggly lines on the shadows, anyone had that or knows how to fix it?

Shadownet

Banned
Enslaved on PC looks great (game always had great art direction) but whats up with the weird squiggly lines on the shadows, anyone had that or knows how to fix it?

I remember searching up a way to fix it but unfortunately I don't think there is a way. It's like with Witcher 2, you can't fix the shadow for that game either.

It was released in version 7.0. Basically now when you have a trade offer (even a stuck one) you should see a button with an "X" in it in the upper right hand side. Clicking that should let you decline the trade offer even if the offer is stuck.

Oh man, just tried it and it is awesome. Thanks so much!

Wok

Thought y'all would like to hear that I announced my new free expansion for Cook, Serve, Delicious today, called CSD: Battle Kitchen!

Weekly Challenges!
Local Multiplayer!
Campaign Co-Op!
Tournaments!
eSports!
WOOOOOOOOOO

Lots more info here: http://chubigans.tumblr.com/post/100764627289/cook-serve-delicious-battle-kitchen-revealed-weekly

Thanks SteamGAF for all the support you've given me since CSD launched last year, I deeply appreciate it. Y'all are the best. :)

Wow, free! And Tetrobot and all!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Dr Dogg

Well fix isn't the right word but make better yes but it's a shit load of text and I'd have to walk you through putting it in the ini files in the right place. So here's a quicker solution, select the medium detail preset, don't worry you don't cripple hardly any settings regards to texture or shadow quality. Try that out and see how it works out.

Also that "fix" posted is just removing dynamic shadows completely and not making sure the depth bias is set correctly. Which who ever made the custom settings in Enslaved as part of the first patch completely ballsed them up.

jshackles

Alright guys, one more time:

http://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=94677141&token=tQVR9bP4

Let's see if anyone has anything left.

I'm also working on the bot's script so that you'll be able to submit trade offers where you offer nothing but are requesting items. If I can get that to work, you'll be able to "go dumpster diving" for things that other people have thrown away.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That's Ryse done then. It's actually a solid game? If it was released as a $30 title, I think it would/should have received review scores in the high 70s, low 80s even. As a full price game though, there just isn't enough content or variety. Also couple of the boss battles were complete crap. I don't think there should be any boss battles in a game if you don't know how to make them interesting or entertaining. Same goes for unlocks and leveling, there was no reason for this game to have those features other than being a big budget full price game, so you "have" to have that stuff in your game.

Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot more than Darksiders/DMC/Revengeance/Lords of Shadow, not that it's similar but those games came immediately to my mind as recent disappointments. For some reason I enjoyed the combat in Ryse quite a bit even if it's quite basic but I certainly don't enjoy combat in any of the other games I mentioned. Go figure.

If it looks remotely interesting and you want a 5 hour singleplayer campaign with good visuals, pick it up when it's on sale.
Excellent point about the bosses, they really were quite bad across the board. The game mechanics were just forcefully nerfed for the sake of providing difficulty.

Jawmuncher

The only part in Ryse that I felt was off was the elephant just before a certain boss fight.
You have to dodge them but it was so awkward I died more than I should have.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp...

urhqmq.png

guess I need a new goal o_O you guys realise I cant be giving out $50 games for every $100 tho lol

Mordor still stands at $200 of course, guess ill raise the goal to $300

I didn't even know you were streaming already.

im not, saturday. i just posted the link earlier tho so people knew what was up

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The only part in Ryse that I felt was off was the elephant just before a certain boss fight.
You have to dodge them but it was so awkward I died more than I should have.
It could have been a really cool set piece but it felt so out of place there and just came off as awkward.

jshackles

Well, it looks like half of the battle is over, since I've now got my bot to where it's accepting trade offers automatically. Now I've got to add a feature to Enhanced Steam that will add a button to coupons that says "Delete" and pressing it will automatically create a trade offer to the ES Trash Can.

The end result should be pretty sweet and something people have been asking for for ages.

Maniac

Banned
For the year or ever? If it's for the year then wowzers!
Shit man, I haven't even completed that many the last 4-5 years total, lol.

With Valve's games that support subtitles, they look to the language of the Steam client to determine which one to use, which makes mixing and matching possible. You could try this with Alien, but I'd hazard a guess and say that Valve's approach is rather unique.
Valvo knows what us Master race peeps want, eh? :p

Seriously though, few understand the PC community like they do. Ofcourse, it's in their best interest with Steam, but even before it's time, they had a good handle on things :p
I swear to god that's what developers do. I wish they'd pay me for it, because I got so many great ideas.

Bioware stole so much of Dragon Age from my head and then made it LESS COOL.
If I was rich I'd be an angel investor for you, just saying. Need more good, thought-out games. Muh game design is harduh.

Another day, another 'the world is doomed. this time for real. pls care.' movie. I mean I liked the first Avengers and most of the other superhero movies but it's starting to feel very samey.
Isn't that, to some extent, the point of superhero movies? It's all about taking doom, gloom & apocalypsie-stuff and making it original..-ish... Or good, anyway. :p

So 3D Realms has come back together, or at least it seems to be the dev team of the recent Rise of the Triad release with some 3DR vets added in who are now working under the 3D Realms name.

https://3drealms.com/

Hope they release that Anthology on Steam soon. So many of those games are ones I haven't played since I was a kid.

I guess it isn't very likely, but there's a chance.
Yeah, Interceptor acquired them I believe, hence some of the higher-ups being shared between them, and likely dev team(s) aswell. Interceptor is a danish establishment, so... Yir, national pride, DANELAND REPRESENT!

On the one hand, I dont think ill even reach the minimum goal (I wanted to set it to $50 initially), on the other hand, thats 20 peeps donating $5, 40 peeps for both tiers... pretty sure there would be more entries than that if it was just a normal raffle.

So we'll see. Its for the kids, dont be cheap :)

Watch stream here
How's that for not reaching it, huh? Reaching it before you've even done any sodding work. Brilliant. And do remember I promised to chip in for both you and Shackles. I'll just forgo a few shitty +1 games that I don't care about in shitty bundles I don't want but still buy. :p

fallout thingie is great cos fallout but that picture is kind of super old

you don't wanna be super old like tallarin right?

jerk vampire zkylon <3
I'm loving this new Zkylon. She's fucking badass. And a jerk. <'3

welp...

urhqmq.png

guess I need a new goal o_O you guys realise I cant be giving out $50 games for every $100 tho lol
Shackles has a decent penny in his thingie too, as far as I recall. People just can't help but preorder stuff! :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I haven't been paying attention recently, but when the hell did the price of a key go up to 8 refined? It was like 3 last year.

chronomac

Well, it looks like half of the battle is over, since I've now got my bot to where it's accepting trade offers automatically. Now I've got to add a feature to Enhanced Steam that will add a button to coupons that says "Delete" and pressing it will automatically create a trade offer to the ES Trash Can.

The end result should be pretty sweet and something people have been asking for for ages.

Awesome work, man.

onionfrog

That's a smart solution!

Can you buy steam games from newegg.com even though you live in Canada, similar to amazon.com? Or are they more strict with that?
welp nevermind. didn't realize it'd also be available on newegg.ca lol

Rhaknar

cool that shadow fix for Enslaved is a simple .ini file change. Strangely one of the games im most looking forward to playing, I both really liked it on 360 and miss it

MUnited83

For you.
IIRC buying anything in the TF2 store is the equivalent of owning the game, so I can't imagine it's woth much... if it's worth anything at all.
Well, if you redeem it, you will get a in-game item called "proof of ownership". I hane no idea if that is worth anything, especially when you can still get Orange Box for cheap.

8-player smash brothers, y'all. What Steam games have 8-players on the same screen. None that's how many.

ibsAxPd6wHU0m.gif

The animated .gif definitely has the whole "box bodies with stringy noodle limbs", Sword & Sworcery sprite thing going on, which I hate. The splash image on the page shows that the artist can work in a more appealing style, so I'm really hoping they'll reconsider the look of the characters for the finished game.

Keep in mind, that was made in a week, brah.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So what was that thing about gifts being region locked by default? Does that apply to older games too, like Saints Row 4 GOTY in this case?

So what was that thing about gifts being region locked by default? Does that apply to older games too, like Saints Row 4 in this case?

Only to games that got a new store sub last month IIRC.

So e.g. MGS: Ground Zeroes could be regionfree (if Konami wouldnt lock it) since the store sub is older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom