• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

Zefah said:
Sure, I'll do it!

I was planning on buying Killing Floor which is the exact same price on the US store. Want to gift me that in exchange?
Sure thing, you should be able to find me on steam searching for Diablohead

Boonoo

Final tally!

Introversion Complete pack
Flotilla
Shatter
Winterbottom
Bioshock 2 (I wasn't sure of it on the first day, but then I played through Bioshock 1 over the sale. I just finished it today and figured I'd grab the second).

Big-E said:
Opinions on Darkstar One

I liked it; it's freelancer style rather than X3 style, and you only ever have one ship you can fly in the game (the eponymous Darkstar One) but it upgrades with alien module thingys you can find with a Diablo style skilltree for your ship (so you can 'spend exp points' to increase cargo / maneuvarbility / health etc) and has 'powers' you can activate outside of equipment.

graywolf323

well with the repeats I'll just finish off the sale with Tropico 3: Absolute Power and maybe the Space Rangers Pack

trying not to buy anything that isn't more than 50% off since I don't really have the money right now and most of the stuff 50% off or less will be that way if not better come the holiday sale

am disappointed they never discounted the Call of Duty: Warchest, some of us already own CoD4 and W@W >_<

edit: and will Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines ever go on sale again? I really regret not buying it during when it was on sale for Halloween in 2008 now :-(

Dynamic3

Kenak said:
If anyone has a Borderlands 4-Pack pool running, I'll be willing to join in. :D So far I plan on getting Civ IV Complete, Borderlands, and Thief 3. If Torchlight were up, I'd get it too.

I'd also go in on a Left 4 Dead 2 4-pack.

I'd be down for both a Borderlands and L4D2 4-pack.

Looks like nothing for me today then, unless I break down later and buy Trine. So my final tally is:

Just Cause 2 + DLC
Crysis Pack
Mass Effect 2
Cryostasis
The Void
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold
Torchlight

Gotta love Steam sales. Valve times them just perfectly so that when you run out of stuff to play from the last one, it's time for another sale.

Boonoo

graywolf323 said:
am disappointed they never discounted the Call of Duty: Warchest, some of us already own CoD4 and W@W >_<

Yeah, I'd grab the warchest up in a heartbeat for 15 or so. I already have 4 and 5

Big-E

MrNyarlathotep said:
I liked it; it's freelancer style rather than X3 style, and you only ever have one ship you can fly in the game (the eponymous Darkstar One) but it upgrades with alien module thingys you can find with a Diablo style skilltree for your ship (so you can 'spend exp points' to increase cargo / maneuvarbility / health etc) and has 'powers' you can activate outside of equipment.

Thanks, going to buy it.

kswiston

Final Tally:

Max and the Magic Marker - $5
Half-life 2 - $3.39
Half-life 2 Ep1 - $2.71
Half-life 2 Ep2 - $2.71
Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom - $2.49
Shatter - $2.50
Zenoclash - $3.75
Serious Sam HD doublepack -$7.50
Guncom Fusion - $2.50
Resident Evil 5 - $12.50
Ghost Busters - $4
Puzzle Kingdoms - $1

Total - $50.05

Not bad. My aim was to keep it under $50. Close enough.

Also gave away $20 in assorted gifts.

graywolf323

VGChampion said:
Can't believe some of you are complaining. It was pretty much known it would be a recap day as that's what they've done in the past.

Go play some games you've bought in the past week and it will take your mind off of the daily deals.

they've only ever done it once in the past which was this past year's holiday sale, that's why there was uncertainty if they would do it a second time for the brand new summer sale

Truespeed

Well, here's what I bought:

Call of Duty pack
Borderlands
Serious Sam HD pack
Overlord pack
Introversion pack
Shatter
Grid
Flatout UC
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Bad Rats

The title is bold is a WTF was I thinking. But for 95 cents it's actually not a bad physics based game where rats kill cats.

TY for trade Zefah, now if only I could install my games damn busy steam servers :lol

Overall my buys from this sale are:

Lead and Gold
Flatout UC
Killing Floor
FUEL
The Scourge Project ep1 - 2

Total is something like £15, damn good I think.

I feel bad for not buying Shatter but i'll grab it next time it's 50% or something.

Any adventure gamers play through the Whispering Word? I have a shit ton on my adventure game catalog and am considering holding back since it is $15. I am guessing chances are it will be on sale during the holidays so maybe I should hold out till then.

1-D_FTW

Should have jumped on Witcher and the 1C package when they were available. With my massive backlog, I'll wait till the next deal.

Can't believe I missed the 7 indies for 10 dollars or 2 dollars a piece deal. I had no idea Space Giraffe and Gridrunner Revolution were on sale for 2 dollars each. Last time I looked, they were still 19.99 a pop. Still, don't feel bad about paying 7.49 for the combo. I imagine feed for yak isn't cheap.

Apath

Looking for two more to go in on a Borderlands 4-Pack. It's $30.58 split between four people so it comes out to about $7.65 a person.

Dipper145

So my total haul wasn't that bad this time around.

Serious Sam Pack, Arma II, L4D2, Flotilla, Shatter, Killing Floor, Time Gentlemen Please! + Ben there Dan that, and Toki Tori.

Total of like 60$ about. My favorite so far is shatter. I wasn't even going to get it, but everyone in this thread was saying how they loved it and I bought it last minute. So good.

NIN90

Lumine said:
Well someone asked what the difference is between this and L4D and why it should be bought, but all you could say was "one is fun..." That's not going to convince anyone. :(

Killing Floor is a totally different game. They only have zombies and coop in common.

Did they ever fix the slow-mo in killing floor? Having the game randomly go into slow-mo in a multiplayer game when you're reloading your shotgun or wielding a door shut was incredibly lame.

JADS

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, The Sands of Time - 40
Bioshock 2 - 14,99
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 - 0,75
SSHD Double Pack (ROW) - 7,50
Left 4 Dead 2 - 10,20
Flotilla - 2,25
Commandos Pack - 3,50
Shatter - 2
Bioshock (EU), Madballs in... Babo:Invasion - 6,78
Winterbottom - 1,99
Borderlands, Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned, Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi, Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, Beat Hazard - 20,06
Devil May Cry 4 - 5
Total: €115,02

damn, 15 euro above the budget :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Eaten By A Grue said:
Any adventure gamers play through the Whispering Word? I have a shit ton on my adventure game catalog and am considering holding back since it is $15. I am guessing chances are it will be on sale during the holidays so maybe I should hold out till then.

I bought the game at release. It's beautiful and looks to be a great adventure game, but I can't stand the main character's voice. It's like an even more exaggerated version of Adam Sandler's "baby voice". It's so fucking annoying.

IMACOMPUTA

tomedo said:
Thanks, I was editing the ini files manually but this made it easier.

After hour or so of tweaking and testing settings I got it running nicely on my aging C2D / ATI4850 rig. Only thing I needed to turn off is dynamic shadows - that option absolutely destroys my fps. Everything else is on or maxed. Game looks nice without dynamic shadows so its not a huge problem. Fov and mouse smoothing fix plus v-sync on top and game runs just the way I like.

I have a 5850 and I was getting like 30fps until i upgraded my driver. Now I'm pretty much locked at 60 with vsync on.
I'm really happy with borderlands right now.

dani_dc

Madballs in... Babo:Invasion - Four Pack
Winterbottom
Thief: Deadly Shadows
The Void
Shatter
Left 4 Dead - 4 pack
Commandos Pack
Oddworld Abes Oddysee and Exoddus package
Flotilla

Spent: 39.92 euros

Not bad, though I'm also tempted to get a L4D2 4 pack :lol
Think I'll wait for the christmas sale to give me more time with L4D.

Took the chance to get Monkey Island 2 SE pre-order as well.

NIN90

BuddhaRockstar said:
Did they ever fix the slow-mo in killing floor? Having the game randomly go into slow-mo in a multiplayer game when you're reloading your shotgun or wielding a door shut was incredibly lame.

Well, it's actually a feature and not a bug. They have algorithms for that.

Scalpel Knight said:
Anyone else trying to justify buying a shitload of games by saying to yourself that "it'll come in handy for a rainy day?"
5 years ago I would have said that too but now I am extremely strict with my funds, so I only buy what I know I will play before the next big sales :lol

I was kind of hoping Bioshock 2 would be a bit cheaper. That's the only game left in the sale that I haven't purchased and was holding out for a good deal.

Are there any mystery solving point and click adventure games worth getting on steam? I have monkey island on the 360 and like it, but I'm looking for something more realistic.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NIN90 said:
Well, it's actually a feature and not a bug. They have algorithms for that.
ZED time. I never could figure out how exactly you could make it happen. I could never make it enter it consistently.

Top Bottom