• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

Well, time to give the old wishlist a last look to see what I missed.

I'm sure it has been mentioned already, so forgive me in advance, but how's Freedom Force? It's below $2 for the freedom pack so I'm tempted to get it along with vanilla King's Bounty.

Jive Turkey said:
:lol I was about to be pissed. I've been following each day and I've been waiting for King's Bounty Gold. If it doesn't get a deal tomorrow I'm thinking I might wait until the holiday sale.
You're in luck. King's Bounty: Gold Edition is 75% off.

People can't be disappointed with no new deals because this is what happened last time. You were setting yourself up for disappointment. :)

So for me this sale:

Painkiller: Black Edition
NecroVisioN
Red Faction Guerrilla
Broken Sword: Twin Pack
Osmos
Penumbra Collectors Pack
Cryostasis
Killing Floor
Audiosurf

For, what, £25ish? Not bad :D

Owzers

Dear guy who missed the Civ 4 complete pack deal, go buy it now!

My haul from the summer steam sale:

Zeno Clash $3.70
Madballs $1.99
Star Wars: Empire at War $4.99

Total Spent: ~ $10. I think i spent around $90 at the holiday sale. Missed out on Gothic 3 and The Witcher random short sales that were taken away really fast for lame reasons.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fuck, only Trine went back on sale. Now i have to purchase the rest of my list at only 50-60% off

:(

Gonna come to around 70$ or so. Shit.

Nabs

Crap. Why couldn't Episodes from Liberty City sell better than GTA IV :(

Red Faction Guerilla any good?

~Kinggi~ said:
Fuck, only Trine went back on sale. Now i have to purchase the rest of my list at only 50-60% off

:(

Gonna come to around 70$ or so. Shit.
If there are games you might not play for a few months then wait for a winter sale?

sundrenched

Neo Member
Hmm how is Trine?

Looks pretty good but I fear it's gonna be: Me starting the game and going, "Cool puzzle time", and then a horde of enemies appear. After dispatching those and staring at the puzzle for a while longer, another horde of enemies appear. :(

I like to puzzles and combats to be in different sections...

Truespeed

They should have at least thrown a cherry into the mix. Also, it's now official - Trine is now the most whored game on Steam.

kswiston

Ok, last day of sales, so I am giving away one last game:

First person who quotes this post and promises to play it in the next 24 hours gets a copy of Trine. Please don't claim the game if it is just going to sit in your never-ending steam backlog. There are others who will appreciate the game more.

Again, that's 1 copy of Trine to the first person who quotes this and promises to play the game ASAP.

PS> if you are first, give me your steam name.

Dambrosi

Banned
Volcynika said:
Again, you missed the point. Whoooooooooooooooosh.
No, Sir Unpronouncable, methinks you missed the point. Check your sarcasm meter.

Anyway, about to pull that trigger on King's Bounty: The Legend and Thief: Deadly Shadows. Is there anything I should know about either of them before finally biting?

Xamdou

kswiston said:

First person who quotes this post and promises to play it in the next 24 hours gets a copy of Trine. Please don't claim the game if it is just going to sit in your never-ending steam backlog. There are others who will appreciate the game more.

Again, that's 1 copy of Trine to the first person who quotes this and promises to play the game ASAP.

me! I promise to play it second i receive it!

RedSwirl

And Theif Deadly Shadows for $3 stares me in the face once again.

People who've played Theif: how good (or bad) is Deadly Shadows really? I've always wanted to investigate the Thief games because I like stealth a lot and I think there are way too few real stealth games out there. However, I heard that Deadly Shadows is where the series dropped off and that I really need to be tracking down Thief II (which has been a bitch to find).

filipe

kswiston said:

ME toomuchanal please!

I promise to play the game instantly!

EDIT: fuck!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
How disappointing.

Repeats all around and some even from the day before.

I own everything except Killing Floor and Arma II. I might pick up Killing Floor, but probably not.

Oh well... so much for that 1C pack dropping to $20 again. I'll just have to pick up Cryostasis solo in the last couple hours of the sale.

Volcynika

Dambrosi said:
No, Sir Unpronouncable, methinks you missed the point. Check your sarcasm meter.

Anyway, about to pull that trigger on King's Bounty: The Legend and Thief: Deadly Shadows. Is there anything I should know about either of them before finally biting?

I am not unpronouncable!

:mad:

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What the hell were you guys expecting? We've been telling you since the first day that the 4th would be a recap.

Quit bitching. I'm certain you made out like bandits.

Shambles

kswiston said:

When you gift stuff do you go over steam names or user names?

filipe

Zefah said:
How disappointing.

Repeats all around and some even from the day before.

I own everything except Killing Floor and Arma II. I might pick up Killing Floor, but probably not.

Oh well... so much for that 1C pack dropping to $20 again. I'll just have to pick up Cryostasis solo in the last couple hours of the sale.

You should really pick up KF. It's completely worth the 5 bucks. No lie.

~Kinggi~

Banned
RedSwirl said:

People who've played Theif: how good (or bad) is Deadly Shadows really? I've always wanted to investigate the Thief games because I like stealth a lot and I think there are way too few real stealth games out there. However, I heard that Deadly Shadows is where the series dropped off and that I really need to be tracking down Thief II (which has been a bitch to find).
Thief 3 is really good. 3$ is a steal.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a lot of people in this thread like Necrovision, but has anybody played Necrovision: Lost Company?

Also, are any of the Painkillers worth getting other than Painkiller: Black?

Truespeed

RedSwirl said:

I haven't played the game, but it should be noted that it employs the anti-laptop protection scheme.

Blizzard said:
I'm just going to get it tomorrow anyway if it's not on sale since $10 isn't that bad (75% off, right?). But if you don't want to play it soon I suppose saving $5 later might be nice. :lol

I'm in a similar situation about King's Bounty.

Anyone have any general thoughts/suggestions? I really enjoy solid turn-based tactics games. I like RPGs. I like customization. I like fantasy stuff. I know next to nothing about KB.

Is it seriously good? Should I just get the first one for three bucks? Or just get the second one? Or get the bundle? Or nothing?

Top Bottom