• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

The Big Rig said:
So what do we think the last day's sales are going to be? Will it be a best of the week sale like the holidays, or a new batch of games drastically reduced?
Either just another regular batch of sales or a repeat of some of the ones last week, which is still damn good compared to a lot of game sales on the net.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
just bought the THQ pack for Metro and DOW2: Expansion Pack

still really want the SE pack but can't quite talk myself into it. Is Just Cause 2 worth playing if I just want to fuck around in the game world?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
TheExodu5 said:
Get DMC4. It was underwhelming for a DMC game, but the combat system is still incredible, the port is fantastic and looks great, and Turbo mode is the best way to play the game (exclusive to PC).
DMC4's biggest flaws were lazy level design, boring enemies and mediocre boss fights. But the combat mechanics are the best in the franchise. Bloody palace alone is worth the asking price.

jbpaz

BuddhaRockstar said:
Question for GTA4 owners- every single time I start the game it performs a first time set up and installs Direct X, is there a fix for this?
Happens to me with a lot of games.

Chrysalis

Couple of last minute questions about DMC4 for PC:

1) how hard is it to get a PS3 controller working with a PC?
2) how well is the game optimized?

Dambrosi

Banned
DryvBy2 said:
Anyone else get anything they regret, even for a low price? Mine so far is Kane & Lynch, lol. I've yet to be able to play past the first mission. It even crashes to desktop even if I'm sitting in the menu for too long.
Don't wanna jinx it yet, but Dark Void Zero for me. Went to configure the joypad settings for my PSX-USB adapter, only to find that the "joypad" option was grayed out. Had to resort to joy2key in the end, but the input lag was so bad it was unplayable. I might have to hunt around for a second-hand wired 360 pad for this, which is more than I'd bargained for when I bought the damned thing.

BuddhaRockstar said:
Question for GTA4 owners- every single time I start the game it performs a first time set up and installs Direct X, is there a fix for this?
That happens to me with nearly every Steam game the first time I load them, and every single time with Cryostasis, even though I have the latest DirectX for XP. I'd like a fix for this too, please.

Volcynika

It's amusing for us to kind of expect a repeat of the 'best' deals over the week......even though no one expected Valve to even do a summer sale :lol

Dambrosi

Banned
Volcynika said:
It's amusing for us to kind of expect a repeat of the 'best' deals over the week......even though no one expected Valve to even do a summer sale :lol
Because that's what happened last time. Hindsight is 20-20, friend.

Volcynika said:
I'm only basing this on the holiday sale where they did just that.

luiztfc

I wish there was a way for me to disable the store page... I've promissed myself so many times to stop wasting money, but everytime I see the deals, I can't resist.

luiztfc said:
I wish there was a way for me to disable the store page... I've promissed myself so many times to stop wasting money, but everytime I see the deals, I can't resist.
Go to settings and set the first page you see when steam starts to your library. That always helps. Oh, and avoid this thread.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
kswiston said:
Activision will answer your prayers.... with Modern Warfare 2 at 19% off! 5% off DLC!
:lol :lol

Anyway, only a few minutes more, will our wallets receive one last attack, or will we get a reprieve? We'll soon find out.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed Left 4 Dead 2 is back at $10.19, a few minutes ahead of the official rollover to the new day of deals. Nice.

Bii

And it's a recap.

Red Faction: Guerrilla - $5.00
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $33.49
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $9.99
Borderlands - $10.19
Killing Floor - $4.99
BioShock 2 - $14.99
Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack - $11.89
Left 4 Dead 2 - $10.19
ARMA II - $19.99
Mass Effect 2 - $23.99
Thief: Deadly Shadows - $2.99
Trine - $4.00
Just Cause 2 - $24.99
World of Goo - $5.00
Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.99

Lumine

We all knew the last day would be a recap. :p

Anyway, any good priced deals outside the daily ones that should be picked up? I kinda waited with buying any games outside the daily deals until the last day.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Schmattakopf said:
Dear Valve,
Thank you.
~Schmattakopf's wallet
Co-signed.

Stop It's Wallet.

Lumine said:
We all knew the last day would be a recap. :p

Anyway, any good priced deals outside the daily ones that should be picked up? I kinda waited with buying any games outside the daily deals until the last day.
Just click on the specials tab on the store, certainly pick up Puzzle Kingdoms for £1 then basically go for anything you fancy.

Top Bottom