• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Bought Machinarium at the last second. Better be as good as you say it is Gaf

Easy_D

never left the stone age
vocab said:
Are the Painkiller cut scenes in the first game supposed to be so pixelated? I know the game is old, but damn, the quality is just so crappy.
Well the cutscenes are pre-rendered videos, they don't look the best, but the game itself is awesome.

Also for everyone who bought it: In Painkiller Black there is a certain boss that sometimes fails to spawn. AFAIK the only way to fix that was to reload the level over and over.

And even then it might glitch up with protruding polygons and shit, but at least you can beat it and progress.

Polk

vocab said:
Are the Painkiller cut scenes in the first game supposed to be so pixelated? I know the game is old, but damn, the quality is just so crappy.
There were two versions of Painkiller. One had worse bitrate and less music tracks. It was budget release in some territories (ie. Poland). Maybe Jowood thought gamers won't notice?

Huh, I still had 2 games in my cart debating them, and it looks like I can still purchase them for the sale price. Twin Sector and the Tropico 3 DLC. Yeah it's only $10 but I already spent way more than I should have...

Edit: I bit. Also Mata Hari for $5.

I split the purchases across two credit cards so it won't hurt as much.

some stuff is still active, you just have to search for it:

Square-Enix Collectors pack

THQ Collection Pack

Introversion Pack

just to name a few.

You are a bad person if you did not buy killing floor, great survival shooter.

It's extremely odd seeing the steam store page back to normal now after nearly 2 weeks of sales.

JDS 1977

Banned
Now I'm sad. There needs to be crazy random sales more often. Just look at how much word of mouth sales and such they generate. Someone sell me something cheap before I start getting the shakes for average to awesome games super cheap.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like all of the daily deal prices are still in effect. Who knows for how long, though.

Dambrosi said:
Well, I guess you just made up my mind for me! Borderlands and Necrovision it is!

...nah, j/k. I actually bought them just a second before your post appeared on my screen :D

I held strong on Borderlands! :D No purchases for me today.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Polk said:
There were two versions of Painkiller. One had worse bitrate and less music tracks. It was budget release in some territories (ie. Poland). Maybe Jowood thought gamers won't notice?
Maybe that's why I never thought the movies were pixelated. I bought my copy from GoG rather than Steam.

Also bought me some Space Asshole Simulator 3000

desverger

JDS 1977 said:
Now I'm sad. There needs to be crazy random sales more often. Just look at how much word of mouth sales and such they generate. Someone sell me something cheap before I start getting the shakes for average to awesome games super cheap.

If there would be crazy random sales more often they'd be less crazy and people would spend less money :p

Anyway, my tally:

Red Faction: Guerrilla
Sam & Max Season 3
Disciples II: Gold
King's Bounty: The Legend.
Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne.
Shatter
King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus.
BioShock 2

OH GOD.

dakilla13

In hope everyone bought The Witcher and Killing Floor, great games. I restrained myself this time:

Lead and Gold
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold

I was so close to buying more but luckily time ran out.

GHG

K.Jack said:
Just bought Avencast, because I saw your post. Never heard of it before.

I need this sale to be over.

Funny because I only got it when I saw someone mention it a few posts above mine. Had never even heard of it before, saw the trailer, saw the price and then thought what the hell :lol .

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
GHG said:
Funny because I only got it when I saw someone mention it a few posts above mine. Had never even heard of it before, saw the trailer, saw the price and then thought what the hell :lol .
The Steam Sale virus runs rampant in these parts.

Xamdou

Was able to snag Avencast for $2.49 and Killing Floor + both KH Character packs for $6.97 post ending of the sale. Now their prices went back up, whew! :D

McLovin

Wooh got Trine like 2 minutes before the sale went off :D
I ended up getting;
Max Payne Bundle
Grid
Gothic Bundle
Flotilla
Indigo Prophecy
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
Trine
Total 32.71

Party is over! all the booze has been drunk or spilled, the lounge is a MESS and someone forgot to let the dog out back to do his duty.

Xamdou

I was wondering if the DLC for Mass Effect 2 are free? I held off getting ME2 because I was waiting for ME2 Game of the year edition.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Glix said:
Well, I mean, I still have some of the freakin floppies, so thats not the issue. I just wanted them on Steam, cuz, ya'know its awesome, and goes onto every pc with me...

It just kills me that this amazing portfolio of old games is in the hands of the worst comapny ever. :(

What's wrong with GOG?

EazyB

Banned
L4D2
HL2: Ep2
HL2: Ep1
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Titan Quest
Thief
Winterbottom
GTA: SA
Flatout: UC
Shatter
TF2
GTA IV
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
The Witcher

Total: $80

It made pre-ordering Crackdown 2 for 45 a real pain in the ass.

Caelestis

So I ended up just getting Borderlands from the last sale. I think in total I spend around $35, which is the same that I spend during the last Christmas sale...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Archie said:
The only thing on sale now is that shitty MW2 map pack. :lol
10% off! Big savings, we should all buy it.

On a tangent, I wish Capcom would bring more of there games to Steam. They have PC version of a bunch of X games, and I sure porting the original series would be profitable.

Javaman

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Last second Introversion pack purchase :lol

I got burned by a last minute sacraboar purchase. It was still showing up as $2 but when I clicked through it changed to $20 in my cart. Whoops! Hopefully steam support will let me cancel it.

I always have a steam hang over after these deals. :lol

Bought EVE, that's all. Regretting not getting a single player game because I kind of need something at the moment.
1.49 well spent.
Ermac said:
Bought Machinarium at the last second. Better be as good as you say it is Gaf
It's better than the meagre GAF thread suggests.

suplex

Lead & Gold
Half Life
Kane & Lynch
Flotilla
Commandos Pack
Shatter
Winterbottom
Thief
Super Laser Racer
Day of Defeat Source
Freedom Force Pack

About $32, not bad.

Only thing I wish I woulda bought was the Serious Sam pack at $7.50

Managed to stop myself from buying Aquaria and Machinarium at the last minute.

Cryostasis $3.24
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage $2.00
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $22.00
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men $4.99
Left 4 Dead GOTY $5.10
Left 4 Dead 2 $7.65
Red Faction: Guerrilla $5.00
Thief: Deadly Shadows $2.99

7 Full Size games and Both GTA4 DLCs for $53.46!
That's less than the price of 1 new console game. poor plebeians.

/flame suit for the Shatter crowd

Dambrosi

Banned
Okay, so my final tally is:

Cryostasis - £2.49
Dark Void Zero - £2.00
Ghostbusters: The Videogame - £3.00
Thief: Deadly Shadows, King's Bounty: The Legend - £4.58
Borderlands, NecroVisioN - £9.28

Total spent: £21.35

Oh, I'm spent. Enjoyed the sale, but boy am I glad it's over.

Top Bottom