• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

Korranator

Call of Duty Pack 29.99
Borderlands/ The Secret Armory of General Knoxx/Dr. Ned 16.97
Shatter 2.50
Osmos 2.49
Toki Tori 2.49
Puzzle Kingdoms 1.00
Flotilla 2.50

total: $57.94

Cheaper than 1 X360 game. :D

ahhh hell.......

Killing Floor 4.99

total: $62.93

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
:p In fact, right after I replied to you I picked up Painkiller Black/Overdose!
Thanks for the recommendation, Gabe, but I think I'll wait until it's 75% off, considering my cart. Although I may get NecroVision.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Are any of the Painkillers OTHER than Black worth picking up?

Also, since they're apparently similar and I see a lot of people getting NecroVisioN, how is NecroVisioN: Lost Company?

Monroeski said:

Also, since they're apparently similar and I see a lot of people getting NecroVisioN, how is NecroVisioN: Lost Company?

No I don't think they were done by the original devs (People Can Fly). Both of the other games got horrible reviews.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How is Rocket Knight and Dark Void Zero? Going to grab Rocket Nights demo and give it a try, but I was sort of hoping Dark Void would be 50% off and not 33%.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I asked before, but does anyone have any favorite adventure games that are on sale? I feel like I might not know of some of the more obscure ones (more of a Lucasarts/Legend fan than of the Myst-likes).

Just putting it out there in the last hour of the sale. Men of War is $3.75 and one of my favorite games ever. It's a great multiplayer RTS (really RTT) with heavy micromanagement and you should get it if you're on the fence about it at all. Hell I don't even like World War II settings.

sundrenched

Neo Member
Fucking hell! Steam just rejected my purchase! urgh, by the time customer support gets back to me, the sale would probably be over.

Goodbye:
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack
Broken Sword: Twin Pack
Full Pipe
Mata Hari
Port Royale 2
Patricians and Merchants

Hope to see you during the holiday sale :(

epmode

sundrenched said:
Fucking hell! Steam just rejected my purchase! urgh, by the time customer support gets back to me, the sale would probably be over.

Goodbye:
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack
Broken Sword: Twin Pack
Full Pipe
Mata Hari
Port Royale 2
Patricians and Merchants

Hope to see you during the holiday sale :(
Well, they almost certainly keep a record of failed transactions. You can try opening a support ticket anyway, they may let you grab them for the reduced price or refund you or whatever.

That or you can just try with Paypal instead of a credit card (or the other way around).

JDS 1977

Banned
Avencast
Borderlands with Dr. Ned, and Vault DLC
Clive Barker's Jericho
Killing Floor
P.B. Winterbottom
Numen
Obulis
Overlord pack
Shadowgrounds: Survivor
Shatter

Would have got Alpha prime but I bought it for like 3 dollars a awhile ago.
It's fun for a playthrough if a little unbalanced at parts. especially at the current sale price.

SyNapSe

ok, u got me steam. I went ahead and grabbed Trine also. This summer sale seemed ridiculous; Even better than the normal holiday sales as I felt like there was a ton more I was interested in.

vocab

Monroeski said:

Overdose and Ressurection are really crappy. Lost Company is at least made by the same devlopers and looks better than the first game.

JDS 1977

Banned
I tried the demo of Necrovision and couldn't even get past the first battle. Guns felt weak and I kept getting stomped and uninstalled out of rage after 3 tries.

probably not all the game's fault. but fuck them anyway.

EtéSteam.txt
$5.00 - Killing Floor
$6.80 - CS:S
$1.25 - AvP 2000
$2.50 - AudioSurf
$2.50 - Flotilla
$2.00 - EVE
$5.10 - L4D
$7.65 - L4D2
$2.50 - Osmos
$2.00 - FlatOut
$2.50 - Shatter
$5.00 - Red Faction
$2.50 - Red Orchestra
$3.75 - TQ: Gold
$2.50 - Beat Hazard
$1.87 - Freedom Force
$2.00 - Sacraboar
$5.00 - Introversion
$2.00 - KF DLC
$3.75 - Men of War
$3.25 - NecroVisioN
$1.50 - Birth of America
$1.50 - Port Royale 2
~$80 USD

I could have spent about $50 USD today, but I restrained myself.

Thanks to the people who gifted me things. :)

The sad thing is that the thing I'm looking forward to the most is Port Royale 2. Although I have been enjoying Killing Floor and Flotilla.

Counter says 1 minute is left. I guess I should quickly buy several hundred games before it reaches 0 ;p

Edit: Now it says 9 minutes. Counter is screwy ;p

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
crimsonheadGCN said:
Counter says 1 minute is left. I guess I should quickly buy several hundred games before it reaches 0 ;p

Edit: Now it says 9 minutes. Counter is screwy ;p

There's 29 minutes left. It ends at 1PM. Not sure if that applies to all the weeklong discounts as well, but better not to take the chance.

Stitch

Gold Member
haha bad rats is better than i thought. it's kinda ike crazy machine but the goal is to kill the cat :lol

Dambrosi

Banned
Right, I have £10 to spend and three choices:

1) Borderlands with 1 DLC pack (if so, which one?)

2) Borderlands and either Painkiller Black (whose demo just kicked my arse, too quick, seemed like I had 6 points of health) or Necrovision

3) Painkiller Black, Necrovision and Killing Floor

Which one of those choices would make the most sense? Bear in mind that I'm not a social gamer in the least.

John

Dambrosi said:

2) Borderlands and either Painkiller Black (whose demo just kicked my arse, too quick, seemed like I had 6 points of health) or Necrovision

Which one of those choices would make the most sense?
#3 by far

JDS 1977 said:
Anyone play Hazen? I'm a sucker for collecting hack and slash type games. But opinions seem very mixed.

Go with Sacred Gold for $3.37. Very good game and a ton of content.

Hazen isn't bad, but is just very generic and basic and is only a few hours long.

Also, another vouch for Ben There, Dan That.

JDS 1977

Banned
LocoMrPollock said:
Go with Sacred Gold for $3.37. Very good game and a ton of content.

Hazen isn't bad, but is just very generic and basic and is only a few hours long.

Also, another vouch for Ben There, Dan That.
I've got sacred 1 and 2. heh. I have lots of these things.
fate, Torchlight etc. gotta collect them all! there might be awesome loot undiscovered somewhere!

Also to the above I say choice 1 with ether Dr. Ned or the vault dlc. A lot of people seem to have Moxxie.

-Edit,

fuck it , Hazen bought. I've wasted money on sillier things, so if it's bad at least it's cheaper than that Distortion dew which is nowhere as good as Whiteout.

Glix

Space Quest collection is 20 bucks and not discounted at all?

Fuck you Activison, you'll never get it, will you.

LowParry

$21 for Borderlands and all three expansions. Not bad at all. I'd get LFD2 for $10 but I don't want that many shooters. BFBC2 is good enough for me :)

JDS 1977 said:
I've got sacred 1 and 2. heh. I have lots of these things.
fate, Torchlight etc. gotta collect them all! there might be awesome loot undiscovered somewhere!

Also to the above I say choice 1 with ether Dr. Ned or the vault dlc. A lot of people seem to have Moxxie.

Avencast? $2.50

Glix

Final Tally:

Freedom Force Pack
Darwinia and all their other games pack
The Witcher
Oddworld Pack (I don't even think this was on sale, but it was like 6 bucks or something)
SW: Empire at War Gold
Beat Hazard
Overlord Pack

vazel

Banned
Glix said:

I got it on sale before for five bucks. I'm disappointed Dreamfall isn't on sale this time.

Dambrosi

Banned
OK, so one vote for option 1 and one for option 3. Reiterating the question:

Me said:

Which one of those choices would make the most sense?
Five minutes left, people, c'mon!

JDS 1977 said:
Ha, bought that too. Pretty much any cheapo action rpg I get.
That one mainly the wife might play as she's always into the magic users anyway.

Well, hell, you might as well get Hazen to complete the collection..heh

Polk

Glix said:

Well Steam version isn't even up to date (very old version of dosbox and I heard you cannot update it yourself).

Well, last minute buy of L4D 2, was gonna buy Battlefield BC2 again for PC since I don't do so much gaming on the ps3 right now but I'll probably be addicted to starcraft in my spare time in less then a month anyways soooo, I held off

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anyone wanting the Space Quest games might be better off getting the pack from GOG.com, they might have a better implementation.

Glix

mattiewheels said:
Anyone wanting the Space Quest games might be better off getting the pack from GOG.com, they might have a better implementation.

Well, I mean, I still have some of the freakin floppies, so thats not the issue. I just wanted them on Steam, cuz, ya'know its awesome, and goes onto every pc with me...

It just kills me that this amazing portfolio of old games is in the hands of the worst comapny ever. :(

vocab

Are the Painkiller cut scenes in the first game supposed to be so pixelated? I know the game is old, but damn, the quality is just so crappy.

mattiewheels said:
I asked before, but does anyone have any favorite adventure games that are on sale? I feel like I might not know of some of the more obscure ones (more of a Lucasarts/Legend fan than of the Myst-likes).
I haven't actually played them yet, but I got the Agatha Christie collection, Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper (the other games in the Sherlock Holmes pack are available cheaper in a physical pack on Amazon) and the Broken Sword pack. That should be enough historical mystery for a while.

Dambrosi

Banned
vocab said:
Are the Painkiller cut scenes in the first game supposed to be so pixelated? I know the game is old, but damn, the quality is just so crappy.
Well, I guess you just made up my mind for me! Borderlands and Necrovision it is!

...nah, j/k. I actually bought them just a second before your post appeared on my screen :D

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Last minute purchase of Plants vs Zombies and now Im done lol

Borderlands
Borderlands 3 DLC
L4D2
Overlord
Plants vs Zombies
Puzzle Kingdoms
World of Goo

Not too bad I think

Top Bottom