• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-09-04_17-14-25.jpg

Still the game for the most part does a good job of being a entry point for players.
Though like anything else playing them all gives the best look into it. Especially in the S ending.
Yeah, the game itself looks like a huge and most important fun time-sink. And actually I was about 3/4 in the video when I posted, so at the end I realized that the beginning wasn't the real intro, oops :p I just saw that when
the plane crashes
the actual intro starts, which is actually good. I should have waited before judging, ha.
--
Thanks for the nice words. Ive really been thinking aobut being more active on YouTube, I guess this DR3 playthrough is a start.
Im also getting a mic pop filter so people only hear my voice, and not all the winds and shit coming out of my mouth. :)
Not just that, but ive also ordered Elgato Game Capture HD 60 in order to to console game videos. Will probably start with Destiny if I get my review copy early.
Edit: Almost forgot, Im using DXTORY to record, Blue Yeti as mic and Sony Vegas to compress.
I think your mic is good, the sound was very clear. Also, subbed!

derExperte

Hello Steam-GAF, it seems we have finally reached the day of Pidgeon-geddon.

Reviews are showing up.

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/hatoful-boyfriend-review/
http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/4/6079657/hatoful-boyfriend-review-pc-mac
http://www.gamezone.com/reviews/201...-review-open-the-cage-on-dating-sim-parroties
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/09/04/review-hatoful-boyfriend/102343/ (ouch)

Normally I would jump on this instantly but I have too much else going on gaming-wise. Sorry, the pigeons have to wait.

Enco

Not that I'm aware of, but it's essentially no different to using a VPN to assist with cross-region purchasing. The region locks are there for a reason.

ALt6b.png

(Note the last message.)
How come they don't care about Russia-world trading?

Is that why they're removing keys?

TOMORROW
image.php
image.php

WATCH AS STEAM-GAF LEGENDS GUNSTARHEROES AKA THE HUNIEPOP HARBINGER TAKES ON THE ELUSIVE AND MYSTERIOUS CHEDDAHZ IN THE MOST NERVE-WRACKING CHALLENGE THIS SIDE OF DARK SOULS
tumblr_inline_n9j5eeqzCU1r0208w.png

THE FIRST ANNUAL HATOFUL BOYFRIEND COLD TURKEY SPEEDRUN!
WHICH ONE OF US TRULY KNOWS THE CALL OF THE PIDGEON? FIND OUT AT 4PM EST TOMORROW
57_large.jpg

CHEDDAHZ'S TWITCH STREAM: http://www.twitch.tv/japanesedorito
GUNSTARHEROES'S TWITCH STREAM:http://www.twitch.tv/gunstarheroes7
OR WATCH THEM BOTH AT ONCE!:http://kadgar.com/live/japanesedorito/gunstarheroes7
THE COUNTDOWN:
t1409860800z1.png

A quick re-post for those that missed (plus Chddahz gave me link so you can watch both streams at once)

Also, the launch trailer could be seen as a "preview of coming attractions": Cause its a bird live-streaming the game

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Gipsy Danger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gipsy Danger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-1040E86AE06D7704 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 53 entrants total.

t1409847714z1.png

This is according to English grammar.
Banner Saga, The
Same with games starting with A, like "A New Beginning" being sorted as "New Beginning, A"
Well, my steam is not in english, so why should I care about english grammar? valve should do better sorting, not a huge issue, but still...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How come they don't care about Russia-world trading?

Valve does care, but it's up to publishers to use the tools at their disposal to block cross-region trading.

Is that why they're removing keys?

Valve only revokes a key at the publisher's request or if it was resold and the actual key owner successfully finalises a duplicate key ticket.

Thardus

Neo Member
I opened a link (that ended in .jpg) someone sent on steam like a dumb-ass and it download a file. So I have done a anti-virus boot scan and used malwarebytes to scan my pc(Don't think it found anything though). Also changed passwords for e-mail,Steam,PSN basically everything I use. Is there anything else I can do to stop this prick from getting my info?
(Can't create a topic or I would have)

Enco

They care, in fact some publishers put region restriction about the game.
But a thing is trade a game, another is buying a game with VPN.

Valve does care, but it's up to publishers to use the tools at their disposal to block cross-region trading.

Valve only revokes a key at the publisher's request or if it was resold and the actual key owner successfully finalises a duplicate key ticket.
I meant is that why Valve are completely removing TF2 keys. Is it because no one is opening chests or because of trading?

just signed in on steam. why is hugs the only person playing anything? o-o school is in session, I guess. Wish I didn't have to miss the semester.

madjoki

I opened a link (that ended in .jpg) someone sent on steam like a dumb-ass and it download a file. So I have done a anti-virus boot scan and used malwarebytes to scan my pc(Don't think it found anything though). Also changed passwords for e-mail,Steam,PSN basically everything I use. Is there anything else I can do to stop this prick from getting my info?

Did you run it? If you didn't it shouldn't usually activate.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I tried explaining my Hatoful Boyfriend to my GF while she was watching the Real Housewives of Orange County Reunion Part 2 and she told me to be quiet. I guess that makes her a Hatoful Girlfriend?

wetflame

Pizza Dog

If all it did was download the file then I think you're ok, it's only if you ran an executable that I think you should be worried. If you deleted the file then I'm pretty sure you're fine.

Echoplx

If it was actually a jpg file (an image) it couldn't have done anything.

JaseC

I meant is that why Valve are completely removing TF2 keys. Is it because no one is opening chests or because of trading?

Valve's getting rid of Dota 2 keys because they're no longer required. Really, the only way to kill the trading scene entirely would be to kill the ability to purchase items as a gift.

Fox318

TOMORROW
image.php
image.php

WATCH AS STEAM-GAF LEGENDS GUNSTARHEROES AKA THE HUNIEPOP HARBINGER TAKES ON THE ELUSIVE AND MYSTERIOUS CHEDDAHZ IN THE MOST NERVE-WRACKING CHALLENGE THIS SIDE OF DARK SOULS
tumblr_inline_n9j5eeqzCU1r0208w.png

THE FIRST ANNUAL HATOFUL BOYFRIEND COLD TURKEY SPEEDRUN!
WHICH ONE OF US TRULY KNOWS THE CALL OF THE PIDGEON? FIND OUT AT 4PM EST TOMORROW
57_large.jpg

CHEDDAHZ'S TWITCH STREAM: http://www.twitch.tv/japanesedorito
GUNSTARHEROES'S TWITCH STREAM:http://www.twitch.tv/gunstarheroes7
OR WATCH THEM BOTH AT ONCE!:http://kadgar.com/live/japanesedorito/gunstarheroes7
THE COUNTDOWN:
t1409860800z1.png

L6Zabfw.gif

Enco

Aren't they removing only Dota2 and not TF2- or CS:GO -keys?
Ah sorry got them mixed up.

Valve's getting rid of Dota 2 keys because they're no longer required. Really, the only way to kill the trading scene entirely would be to kill the ability to purchase items as a gift.
True. That would be really dumb so I'm guessing we'll only see more region restriction.

I think because of trading: If you trade with keys and something go wrong, Valve will revert the trade, and you will take back your key.

If they remove them, the only way to trade is with Paypal, and in that case Valve won't do anything, they will have a copy sold anyway but you will lose your money.
Forget trading with Paypal :lol

I would only trade with GAF members. No chance I would trust a random guy on TF2Outpost.

Ozium

Why? Maybe they'll do the same thing for those two games? Don't really play both anymore, so I don't know how different the systems are though.

Because 1. They sell a shitload of them and 2. They've updated the games with new crates and cases since removing DOTA keys..

yuraya

uhh.. what?

I heard they already removed keys from Dota 2. I think you know just pay to open the thing you got directly without purchasing a key? Not sure though

Wasn't there a rumor not too long ago about Valve allowing wallet fund trading? Did that get shutdown? If that does happen it would explain why Valve eventually would do away with keys in general.

Ozium

Wasn't there a rumor not too long ago about Valve allowing wallet fund trading? Did that get shutdown? If that does happen it would explain why Valve eventually would do away with keys in general.

that's still in development and there's no reason they can't (or won't) do both. They would make much more money on average per key sold than on a wallet transaction fee.

So this Lethal League jazz looks really interesting. How is gamepad support for it? Looks like a great addition to the 4p local multiplayer collection.

JaseC

It's actually in Valve's interest to maintain a key economy for at least one game, or at least allow people to freely trade wallet funds regardless of currency.

Scenario 1: Trader buys $15 game, sells it to you for $16 via PayPal. Valve's cut: $4.50.
Scenario 2: Trader buys $15 game, sells it to you for 8 keys (market-sourced; let's assume $2.41 per key). Valve's cut: $4.50 + $2.89.
Scenario 3: Trader buys $15 game, sells it to you for $16 in Steam Wallet funds. Valve's cut: $4.50 + a certain percentage from whatever the trader spends the money on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Bad Rats to be the new international Steam currency confirmed.

The code is still in place on the web-based trading windows, it's just not be updated to work properly or activated on the interface. I assume it's something they're still working on, but yeah... Valve time I guess.

It's actually in Valve's interest to maintain a key economy for at least one game, or at least allow people to freely trade wallet funds regardless of currency.

Scenario 1: Trader buys $15 game, sells it to you for $16 via PayPal. Valve's cut: $4.50.
Scenario 2: Trader buys $15 game, sells it to you for 8 keys (market-sourced; let's assume $2.41 per key). Valve's cut: $4.50 + $2.89.
Scenario 3: Trader buys $15 game, sells it to you for $16 in Steam Wallet funds. Valve's cut: $4.50 + a certain percentage from whatever the trader spends the money on.

And don't forget:

Scenario 4: (Valve's favorite) Trader buys $15 game, sells it to you for 8 keys bought from the Mann-Co store. Valve's cut: $4.50 + $19.92.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of xBladeM6x, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xBladeM6x, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-53B4654C77EBB202 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-C7F134F5FC50813E
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Skin Four Color Belorussian -- MB-C683A6ECF7175C41
Warframe Booster Pack -- MB-2015684EA30C210A
Total War: Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-50F9B6B9B2D63230
EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-C57DE76AE9BB7211
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-CF91477B9C034184
Magicka: Wizard Wars E3 Robe -- MB-4E8FEC9B1C7980BD - Taken by Pyroclastic. 1 entrants total.
SMITE Almighty Zeus -- MB-B8802BFCAF5A3679
FEZ -- MB-0C2025A0CEA26C69 - Taken by Fantastapotamus. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander Storm Doctrine -- MB-CBF5312512228EB0

t1409849394z1.png

Anustart

I've been accepted into the Nightingales, if the resident's of Skyrim weren't fearful of getting every damn thing they own stolen before, the game has changed. I will kill in the name of Nocturnal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah, of course. Out of sight, out of mind. ;)

I mean, all of those keys originally came from one place. So even in your scenario 2, Valve already made almost $20 on those 8 keys when they were initially purchased. I think it'd be pretty dumb of them to kill off the key-trading economy honestly since there is so much residual profit potential they would be giving up if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom