• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

septicore

Sweet new STEAM thread for the month.

But all I've been playing is my 3DS and idling my steam games for cards.

I see that Steins Gate is finally releasing on Steam this month. I really should start the game on my Vita that's been collecting dust.

kagamin

Let's go!
lYea3Eg.png

BHK3

Banned
Is trials of cold steel really as slow and boring as it looks in these youtube videos I'm watching? It reminds me of final fantasy X with the Taking Turns thing and different actions effect that, but seeing these 10 bugs slowly walk to each character and do a attack and then controlling your 6 characters to slowly pick each insect off...

It's on sale on PSN and it's been forever since I've played an RPG

kagamin

Is trials of cold steel really as slow and boring as it looks in these youtube videos I'm watching? It reminds me of final fantasy X with the Taking Turns thing and different actions effect that, but seeing these 10 bugs slowly walk to each character and do a attack and then controlling your 6 characters to slowly pick each insect off...

It's on sale on PSN and it's been forever since I've played an RPG

Have you played The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky First Chapter and Second Chapter? I can't recommend it if you haven't.

Nzyme32

Ha. So much for relying on this thread to point me in the direction of what games to keep an eye on.

Will attempt to remember to remind people to remember to ready recommendations to report to the royal Orange recurring monthly

R

Platy

Isn't this month where all the beat em ups are released ?

And yes, Dead rising and pacman are awesome =3

BHK3

Banned
Have you played The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky First Chapter and Second Chapter? I can't recommend it if you haven't.

I assume those are the psp versions? I've not owned a handheld since GBA SP. What are the ps3 ones then? This wiki is confusing.

Ha. So much for relying on this thread to point me in the direction of what games to keep an eye on.

Will attempt to remember to remind people to remember to ready recommendations to report to the royal Orange recurring monthly

R

Here's a list of games to look forward to:

Dead Rising

kagamin

I assume those are the psp versions? I've not owned a handheld since GBA SP. What are the ps3 ones then? This wiki is confusing.

They're originally PC games and both available on Steam. Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 are the PS3/Vita games.

Just decided to log into my account on my girlfriend's PC and try out Slime Rancher. It immediately unlocked every achievement she has in the game on my account. How frustrating.

BHK3

Banned
They're originally PC games and both available on Steam. Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 are the PS3/Vita games.

Ok so its In the Sky then Trails of Cold Steel? In the Sky looks 100x better to me, the classic look that can never age, the 3d anime cutscenes, the battle system looks better and flashier to me(reminds me of super robot wars).

Wish those were on ps3/4 instead :'-(

Just decided to log into my account on my girlfriend's PC and try out Slime Rancher. It immediately unlocked every achievement she has in the game on my account. How frustrating.

Use Steam Achievement Manager and just relock all of them

Oh yeah, forgot September is soon.

Some games I'm looking forward to are:

Mother Russia Bleeds

STEINS;GATE

DEAD RISING®

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics

Quantum Break

Divinity: Original Sin 2 (Early Access)

Virginia

kagamin

Ok so its In the Sky then Trails of Cold Steel? In the Sky looks 100x better to me, the classic look that can never age, the 3d anime cutscenes, the battle system looks better and flashier to me(reminds me of super robot wars).

Wish those were on ps3/4 instead :'-(

The battle systems are almost exactly the same with minor improvements in the Cold Steel games, Cold Steel 1 is probably the worst nu LoH game but that's still a pretty high standard to meet. :p There are also 3 other games that have yet to be localized, Trails in the Sky The 3rd (takes place after FC and SC and is planned to release next year on Steam), as well as Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki (games that take place in the same time period as Cold Steel 1 and 2 so don't feel bad about missing these for now).

The new OWH is like a licensed remake of the original from what I understand. It's weird.
Interesting stuff this month:

Hold the presses and alert Durante, there's a new RTwP RPG being released in the wild.

And I forgot about Northgard. Kinda Settlers-esque, I think; though I dunno if it can stand up to something like Rimworld, which is the natural evolution of such a formula.

Corpekata

Banned
Masquerada isn't going to be EA, they were close to completion even before the KS. It's more of a question of it it comes out this month.

The "names for credits" survey ends on September 9th so they're ramping up at least.

Not sure, though others like Astroneer and Stellar Tactics mention they are launching in EA, Masquerada doesn't.

Masquerada isn't going to be EA, they were close to completion even before the KS. It's more of a question of it it comes out this month.

The "names for credits" survey ends on September 9th so they're ramping up at least.

That's good to hear! One of the devs on the discussion boards just mentioned that the game is indeed planned to release in September.

Apparently, there's also a demo available. Installing..

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Not much I'm interested in for September, which given that I'm now unemployed is probably a good thing. My willpower is not so great.

Backlogger

Titan's Quest AE feels like it runs much smoother though its been a while since I last played it. My old save worked as well! Time to finally complete a full play through on it!

Is it still possible to buy from the Windows/Xbox Store with another currency?

Kinda interested in Forza, but being UWPed and all makes it less appealing to put down $60.

thank you for your complaint here is $10 in Paragon Premium Currency

Thanks but ... I don't know what to do with the $115 Paragon Bucks I already got with the card. :(

Grab the Sierra bundle and make use of that 1080!

I'm broke now though...

Not really, but the 1080 wasn't really planned. :eek:

kevin1025

Banned
It just went in beta, I don't think they'll make September. You could ask Robert at Zeboyd Games on GAF if you want to.

That's true. I was hoping it was just called a beta and was more like a demo for backers. I'll ask in the Cosmic thread in a bit!

I'm broke now though...

Not really, but the 1080 wasn't really planned. :eek:

I feel your pain, I'm grabbing a GTX 1060 at the end of this month. Go for the dollar one and pick up the remainders during the winter sale, that's how I ended up doing it!

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Forge of Gods Winters Gasp Pack -- MB-81BB53EDB1C0CA6F - Taken by Kagemusha
Forge of Gods Team of Justice DLC -- MB-E9CEC7D862FF6BCF - Taken by darkpathwalker92
Those add the game to your library, so +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom