• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Just logged in to the metagamerscore.com

Last registered achievement was on December 09, 2015. I guess the site won't update your profile if you are inactive there...

Same, my last is from December 6 2015! Can't remember how to force the queue but it says it's no more than 5 hours atm. Logging in should kick it into gear.

Yeah, for some reason my last Steam scan was 6 months ago, but XBL and PSN are both less than a week and I don't even use those nowadays.
Can't recall, but is Dead Rising 4 exclusive to the W10 store for a bit? I was planning on getting it. But apparently it's not cross buy with Xbox one. So I might just wait for the steam version.
3 months is what I recall the exclusivity window being.

Arthea

Just logged in to the metagamerscore.com

Last registered achievement was on December 09, 2015. I guess the site won't update your profile if you are inactive there...

I don't think so, it might be a glitch of sorts, it should scan your scores without your participation if registered, in theory, then again I don't logout out of that site, so maybe that's different.

Also we dropped to 6th place already, aww

Jawmuncher

Yeah, for some reason my last Steam scan was 6 months ago, but XBL and PSN are both less than a week and I don't even use those nowadays.

3 months is what I recall the exclusivity window being.

Hmmm, unsure if I wanna wait 3 months and still have to pay full price. Plus February is packed with games as is. Might just get the Windows version then for achievements and if it's good, grab the steam version later. Though I think I'll wait for port comments regardless .

Deques

I don't think so, it might be a glitch of sorts, it should scan your scores without your participation if registered, in theory, then again I don't logout out of that site, so maybe that's different.

Also we dropped to 6th place already, aww

Wait until it has scanned through my profile. I think I have unlocked ~1000 achievements since last scan
edit: it seemed to have finished, but it didn't register any achievements at all...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmmm, unsure if I wanna wait 3 months and still have to pay full price. Plus February is packed with games as is. Might just get the Windows version then for achievements and if it's good, grab the steam version later. Though I think I'll wait for port comments regardless .

You'd save money by holding out (full price + Steam version on sale is still more than full price on Steam), plus the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing that you're not supporting Microsoft's attempt at building a walled garden.

Jawmuncher

You'd save money by holding out (full price + Steam version on sale is still more than full price on Steam), plus the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing that you're not supporting Microsoft's attempt at building a walled garden.

I guess it'll depend. I do want to play it. But the changes to the game are holding me back from for sure saying day one.

Arthea

Wait until it has scanned through my profile. I think I have unlocked ~1000 achievements since last scan
edit: it seemed to have finished, but it didn't register any achievements at all...

those things, they take time
wait a day or so, it'll update

JustinBB7

Looks like the crash in the beta client was fixed already, back to beta channel yay.

I'm always in the beta because they used to have all these fun cool new features in them. But I can't even remember what the last one was. Seems like last few years it's just been steam controller, steam broadcasting fixes and stuff like that, no new features anymore. I'll go back in now that the launch problem is fixed but hope they start doing some new stuff again at some point.

MaxiLive

Anyone played Grow Up, that Ubisoft game? Any good?

I've been playing it a bit during my lunch breaks and its pretty good. I didn't enjoying to start off with compared to grow home as the I thought the new plant mechanic was going to be the main way of traversal in the game and I really didn't enjoy it, but after you collect a few power ups you can get anywhere very easily.

I've collected around 60 crystals and all the power ups and I can fly pretty much anywhere now! The new challenge from the awkward movements comes from the additional challenges if you choose to do them, then you get to deal with the awkward movement again :p

Overall the game is pretty good, kinda of misses the charm of the original as it was so unique the at the time so this feel very familiar. BUD is still a cutie will all his beeps and boops.

So I wrapped up Deus Ex last night. Pretty fantastic game all the way through. I'm lucky I didn't get hit with performance issues that many people seem to be experiencing. The worst that happened to me were 3 crashes in the entire playthrough and getting stuck in level geometry a couple of times which required a save reload.

I had heard that the game ends kind of abruptly but I figured after getting 40 hours of entertainment from the game that wouldn't really bother me. But when I actually saw the ending it still kind of did. This is just a step below the ending of RAGE in terms of how sudden it is. Unlike RAGE, they manage to put some closure on to the story but it was not a properly done ending by any definition.

Other than that, I loved the game. All the missions and side quests in the game are long and rich with content. There's a lot of variety in how you can choose to approach any situation. I was initially apprehensive about the game having only one hub but Prague is very well realized with a lot of stuff to explore and find. It never felt like a small game.

It's definitely going to be in my top 5 for the year. I'd easily recommend it to anyone who is even remotely interested.

Also, after hearing that the new Hitman is pretty decent all year, I finally decided to try it out a while ago. I have to say, I am genuinely surprised how good it is. The game is really polished and stylishly presented, and the missions offer a ton of ways to take out your targets. Some of these are really funny and made me smile. Definitely going to continue this game now that Deus Ex is over.

Thanks to lashboy for bringing my attention to this:

http://techraptor.net/content/armel...t-dlc-on-gog-because-of-their-drm-free-policy

I don't really care about the GoG version personally, but this is fucking scummy.

What a kick in the face for GOG users. Now, instead of just avoiding them, I think I'll actively boycott their products. Like, this isn't even the first time League of Geeks has been scummy.

Related:
GOG users have made a list of games that want to make money from GOG, but don't want to commit to the platform
. Some of it is just long patch times, but others are 100% missing features; it's gross and disrespectful to their paying customers.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Vising Valve HQ today. I'll check to see if the support team has grown any from the three people I saw last time.

Ucchedavāda;215623750 said:
That's pretty gross.
I am also curious what the underlying motivation behind the lack of DLC on GoG is. The fact that it is DRM free does not seem like a particular significant technical barrier to me, but what do I know.

If I'm reading their roadmap right, they want to implement Steam inventory for Armello. So items that drop as you play and can be used in-game. And can, presumably, be sold on the Steam marketplace.

Why that would kill a GOG version, I can't figure.
Vising Valve HQ today. I'll check to see if the support team has grown any from the three people I saw last time.

Use leading questions to get them to spill the beans.

i.e.
"I heard Half-Life 2: Episode 3 is releasing exclusively for SteamOS. Can you deny that it is in active development?"

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Does one of them require you to enjoy the game itself without caring for external rewards?
Finished the game and expansion long before achievements were added so the only real incentive to bump it into the replay queue would be for a fun achievement list. But yeah, achievements are destroying gaming etc etc.

Wok

If I'm reading their roadmap right, they want to implement Steam inventory for Armello. So items that drop as you play and can be used in-game. And can, presumably, be sold on the Steam marketplace.

Suddenly, this email that I got this morning makes sense.

FtKTBGs.png

Aaron D.

kN3KHo5.jpg

Hot damn the new CK2 DLC is sweet.

Having everyone and their mom dropping like flies from a myriad of ailments dark as hell. Sealing your boarders against the oncoming Black Death leads to interesting socioeconomic frictions, both internal and external.

And the variety of exciting new execution styles, all with unique death-cry voice-overs, is...yeah.

One of my favorite expansion packs to date.

Why that would kill a GOG version, I can't figure.

They already sell chests and keys on the Steam store, so you are reading it right:
http://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/290340/browse/

I could understand them not bringing that aspect to GoG, depending on feasibility, but like you I don't understand why they decided against other DLC. Maybe to incentivise GoG users to use the Steam version, or because they are not selling enough on GoG to make it worthwhile (but they don't want to say so)? But who knows ..

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Say "Hi" to the crew there for me

MUnited83

For you.
What a kick in the face for GOG users. Now, instead of just avoiding them, I think I'll actively boycott their products. Like, this isn't even the first time League of Geeks has been scummy.

Related:
GOG users have made a list of games that want to make money from GOG, but don't want to commit to the platform
. Some of it is just long patch times, but others are 100% missing features; it's gross and disrespectful to their paying customers.
Well, seems that according to the Banner Saga 2 devs putting updates on GOG costs money, ib which case that whole list is mostly GOG's fault.

FWIW I did not really like Val Hal A. Felt like the bartending mechanic was tacked in and just added busy work to the visual novel.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, Reaper's Due sounds incredible.

Also that Mana series' game in the desert sounded pretty cool from the Nintendo Direct, something Oasis? Ever Oasis? Wonder if that'll make it to Steam. edit: Nevermind, made by Grezzo, so no chance. Oh well, will have to pick it up once I get a 3DS.

Well my Internet is down for some reason, but it was as good a time as any to try offline play in some of my games.

Deus Ex MD works so that's good to know.

AHA-Lambda

Jesus H Christ the new fallout 4 DLC is irritating!

Pretty much the entire campaign of the add on is composed of nothing but fetch quests >_<

Coreda

Related:

Yeah, this is not cool at all.

Well, seems that according to the Banner Saga 2 devs putting updates on GOG costs money, ib which case that whole list is mostly GOG's fault.

So I looked into finding the source of this quote and according to another poster quoting the Steam discussions moderator for the game:

Their moderator has told me that 'pushing builds with hotfixes on GOG is not as easy/streamlined as it is on Steam' and that 'it might cost the devs money (directly or indirectly) to push new builds every so often.'

To me this reads like an excuse for not updating the GOG version as it takes more effort/time, rather than GOG actually charging to release updates (which hardly makes sense).

Volimar

Jesus H Christ the new fallout 4 DLC is irritating!

Pretty much the entire campaign of the add on is composed of nothing but fetch quests >_<

The DLC continues the Fallout 4 tradition of being disappointing. I kind of liked the base game though it was light on content, but the DLC... I feel bad for anyone who was suckered into paying more with the price increase. I found Far Harbor to be kind of a drag. In fact, I think the Mechanist is probably my favorite of Fallout 4's DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom