• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I think I found out that people who say that aren't actually RPG fans. If you take a look at the various GAF essential RPG threads, there are barely any action RPGs on the top 50. The only highlights on action RPGs are Souls, Mass Effect, and Dragon's Dogma.

I mean what else is there?

Anno

Hey guys, know what's scary? Seeing your (first) 10-week old baby on an ultrasound screen and hearing its little heart beat.

To celebrate, have some games! Lord knows I won't need them soon enough.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Banner Saga 2 -- MB-B2039BEEFE0B3DDE - Taken by Lashley. 24 entrants total.
GRAV -- MB-3D7AE66B9ADA45F9 - Taken by impliedsignificance. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-C28CD28650B6C600 - Taken by Dominican Power. 1 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-B325B62A13B62961 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.
Hand of Fate -- MB-7A5F024B9B653261 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 5 entrants total.
Heat Signature -- MB-ABE6FCD9533CF616 - Taken by TetraxShards. 40 entrants total.
Hollow Knight -- MB-39716354FA5BF57E - Taken by laserlaser. 49 entrants total.
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-5E158CB833C5E50C - Taken by bloke. 8 entrants total.
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight -- MB-240E247B90BD11AD - Taken by Mixed2k. 22 entrants total.
Offworld Trading Company -- MB-C88D99A578F11BB3 - Taken by ctw0e. 4 entrants total.
Torchlight 2 -- MB-5F1FBBDE2373CB80 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 5 entrants total.

t1506553281z1.png

Grief.exe

so like, finishing Metroid Samus returns made me wanna replay Ori, which I never finished

I feel like I complained about this before but what am I supposed to do with this definitive edition shit

I own the original game. I have no discount for the definitive Ed. (I think I did with a voucher but it was timed? lol)

I'm not gonna pay $20 again, so this weird ass decision is straight up preventing me from playing a game I own

is this just hella dumb or am I

The original game is not sitting in your library?

Play Hollow Knight.

I've come to the realization that I just don't like Rising Storm 2, I was so excited for it because of how much I loved Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm but the learning/skill curve in RS2 is so harsh that even someone with a lot of experience with the series and this type of game, like myself is just getting completely stomped and shot from a hundred meters away constantly, I just can't manage to do anything on these jungle maps, it's almost impossible to see anything, almost all the cover is leaf based so anything can go right through it. I don't like the way most of the guns feel, the unlock system is slow and unrewarding, and the overall performance hasn't been as good as I hoped, there is a lot of stuttering for me that I can't seem to eliminate.

Maybe I'll come back to it some time in the future, as a few of the city maps are fun and there have been some good matches where the combat has been really intense, but they have been few and far between. For now I have just given up trying to get good at it, it's just not a very rewarding game to play the majority of the time, the game just doesn't click with me like RO2 did.

I think I found out that people who say that aren't actually RPG fans. If you take a look at the various GAF essential RPG threads, there are barely any action RPGs on the top 50. The only highlights on action RPGs are Souls, Mass Effect, and Dragon's Dogma.

Ys, Tales, and Star Ocean has alot of split votes, Ive found.

Grief.exe

the original is. why would I play the original knowing there's a new better version out there which I should have access to

really wanna play Hollow Knight btw but no moneys

Is it really that much better, or is it more of a side grade?

They put up the new version mostly for new owners, so as not to confuse them with two games on the store. Then gave existing owners a nice deep discount.

Regginator

Hey guys, know what's scary? Seeing your (first) 10-week old baby on an ultrasound screen and hearing its little heart beat.

Congrats, man! We hope to experience that soon too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Congrats, man! We hope to experience that soon too.

You want to see his 10 week baby in a ultrasound?

A friend showed me his baby's ultrasound once and I lied because I couldn't see shit :(

Javier23

Banned

Congrats, man!

Maybe I need to get to that point to actually see it as scary but I can imagine myself more excited than anything else in that moment. Or maybe it's me having just gone through a break up and feeling a bit more sensitive with this stuff. Just rewatched the Before trilogy on top of it ;P

Anno

Congrats, man!

Maybe I need to get to that point to actually see it as scary but I can imagine myself more excited than anything else in that moment. Or maybe it's me having just gone through a break up and feeling a bit more sensitive with this stuff. Just rewatched the Before trilogy on top of it ;P

You're excited like 10 seconds later. In the moment that someone points at a little blob about the size of a circus peanut and says, "There's your baby" and you hear the heart beating super fast it's kinda terrifying because now this little thing utterly depends on you for the next two decades.

Sorry for the thread hijack, just excited and can't tell my parents or inlaws for a week or so.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Congrats Anno!

I'm probably gonna have a similar mini-heart attack like that soon. With grandkids.

Platy

Congrats !

they say a switch is the perfect console for a new father ...

Wow, congratulations!

Hopefully, I can get the same experience next year.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Hollow Knight is so damn good. Everyone should enter that giveaway! It might not be better than D:OS2, but it's near the top of the list in a year with an INSANE number of amazing games.

Grats, Anno!

I want no other game more than Dragon's Dogma 2. I've never been more blown away by a game then when my short pawn's lantern constantly went out because he was waist deep in water or he was carried away by birds(whereas my normal sized and weight main weighed them down). Seemingly minor things maybe but that attention to detail is unparalleled.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming it doesn't matter that I didn't play Divinity: OS 1 before starting the sequel.

Nope. Does not matter at all. There are some fun hints back to events, but mostly like names of characters. Nothing important.

Same universe but decades apart. So no not really.

I think I read that its like 1000 years later. So way longer than even decades. It might as well be different world.

Sarcasm

Besides not playing the best game of 2014? Not really.

Well yes. I don't recommend playing 2 before 1 though.

Nope. Does not matter at all. There are some fun hints back to events, but mostly like names of characters. Nothing important.

I think I read that its like 1000 years later. So way longer than even decades. It might as well be different world.

There are some references in 2 that do reference 1.

Vlad

It's not so bad for the first few months, as they tend to sleep a lot (sure, it's in chunks, but they still spend a lot of the day asleep). It's when they get a bit older and start just doing one nap per day and are awake for the rest is when things get interesting.

Pixieking

Banned

Heyyy! Congrats! :D The older I get, the more scary having children seems to be so...

Um. I should've ended it at congrats. :D

Anno

It's not so bad for the first few months, as they tend to sleep a lot (sure, it's in chunks, but they still spend a lot of the day asleep). It's when they get a bit older and start just doing one nap per day and are awake for the rest is when things get interesting.

I honestly don't even care about the sleep stuff 'cause I've barely slept for most of my life. That's whatever. I'm more worried about messing them up. What if I raise a kid that, I dunno, prefers inverted controls? Or voiced protagonists in RPGs? Or...anime?
disapprove.gif

Madventure

I honestly don't even care about the sleep stuff 'cause I've barely slept for most of my life. That's whatever. I'm more worried about messing them up. What if I raise a kid that, I dunno, prefers inverted controls? Or voiced protagonists in RPGs? Or...anime?
disapprove.gif

Well... There's one solution if that ends up being the case

YiIALsW.gif

kagamin

Let kids come into their own a bit, even if you force everything you like onto them it doesn't mean they'll like it too. ;P

Why do companies post crazy system requirements? Just played the Dagonronpa 3 demo on my Surface Pro 2 which is way under them and it was perfectly playable at 1080p despite framerate drops during the trial segment.

Why do companies post crazy system requirements? Just played the Dagonronpa 3 demo on my Surface Pro 2 which is way under them and it was perfectly playable at 1080p despite framerate drops during the trial segment.

System requirements are set to according to PC setups they've actually tested on. Apparently, Japanese companies don't have variety PC setups with them. Especially when it comes to PC ports, the ones handling them aren't the developer, but only a small company branch in the West, or even an outsourced one. So for example, if they only have a gtx 970 PC with them and a gtx 1080, they'll only post them as the minimum and recommended system requirements.

disapprove.gif
Inverted preference is easy grounds or disownment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom