• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought RUINER this morning, set it to download and went to sleep to get around to it when I wake up.

Ended up sleeping for a little over 11 hours.

Guess I'm not gonna play much RUINER today. The tutorial was pretty snazzy though.

the original is. why would I play the original knowing there's a new better version out there which I should have access to

really wanna play Hollow Knight btw but no moneys
I think I'm in a similar sitch, well, in that I only have the original and have yet to play it. Don't remember how I got the original either. In any case, my method is to just not sweat it. Games are made to be disposable these days, no point in striving for some perfect experience. If you wanna play it, play whatcha got, it'll be another thing to beat 'n' delete and that'll be that.

Vlad

I honestly don't even care about the sleep stuff 'cause I've barely slept for most of my life. That's whatever. I'm more worried about messing them up. What if I raise a kid that, I dunno, prefers inverted controls? Or voiced protagonists in RPGs? Or...anime?
disapprove.gif

I think my biggest worry would be that he's one of those "watches PewDiePie instead of playing the game" types. That's "no son of mine" territory right there.

Hey guys, know what's scary? Seeing your (first) 10-week old baby on an ultrasound screen and hearing its little heart beat.

To celebrate, have some games! Lord knows I won't need them soon enough.

Congrats, Anno!

And don't listen to people saying you won't have any time left to play games. My little boy was two months old when Xenoblade X came out and I got 350+ hours out of that game pretty quickly.
Sleeping is overrated!

Anno

I think my biggest worry would be that he's one of those "watches PewDiePie instead of playing the game" types. That's "no son of mine" territory right there.

To be honest this whole last month or so of PDP becoming a much more outspoken racist has me more worried than a lot of stuff. I'm confident that my wife and I can raise our kid to be someone who is respectful and empowering to everyone, but it feels like there's traps around every corner. It's something that a few months ago I would've just despaired over and criticized that I now outwardly worry about much more.

Congrats, Anno!

And don't listen to people saying you won't have any time left to play games. My little boy was two months old when Xenoblade X came out and I got 350+ hours out of that game.
Sleeping is overrated!

Yeah I'm not really worried about that too much. I've slept 6ish hours a night since I was like 5 so I think I'm primed for some late night, after-bath gaming in the next year.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I honestly don't even care about the sleep stuff 'cause I've barely slept for most of my life. That's whatever. I'm more worried about messing them up. What if I raise a kid that, I dunno, prefers inverted controls? Or voiced protagonists in RPGs? Or...anime?
disapprove.gif

RddbngP.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey guys, know what's scary? Seeing your (first) 10-week old baby on an ultrasound screen and hearing its little heart beat.

hey, congrats!

kids are awesome

Mivey

disapprove.gif
Don't worry, all kids go through those phases.
Some just choose to stay in them .. forever.

oipic

Congrats on the pending release of Anno 2018, mate - may the rest of the development process (and the launch) go smoothly. Exciting times, enjoy them!

Rest assured, there will be plenty of time for gaming in your future, too... provided you're willing to forego sleep in the short term, of course. :)

Congratulations! I don't have kids but seeing my baby cousins grow up so fast I can only recommend to spend as much time as possible while they are still cute little monsters.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having this problem on Humble, and support won't reply until the offer is over - any ideas?

PX5CZpk.jpg

It's showing as a discount of 26.99, but the final checkout price is 29.99

Deques

I'm having this problem on Humble, and support won't reply until the offer is over - any ideas?

PX5CZpk.jpg

It's showing as a discount of 26.99, but the final checkout price is 29.99

Seems to be a bug. Remove the game from the cart and add it again. The subscriber discount should be applied. Don't tick on the wallet credit checkbox. If you do the discount will be removed. If you want to use your wallet credit, tick it and remove the game and add it again

edit: looks like it's same for other games too

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Seems to be a bug. Remove the game from the cart and add it again. The subscriber discount should be applied. Don't tick on the wallet credit checkbox. If you do the discount will be removed. If you want to use your wallet credit, tick it and remove the game and add it again

edit: looks like it's same for other games too

I did like you suggested, but everytime I unchecked the credit box, it reverted back to 29.99. Finally I left it the store credit in, navigated to the Stripe payment window and clicked accept before realizing that the payment again reverted back to 29.99!!

But then I got confirmation from my bank that the 26.99 was charged. Seems to be just a visual bug.

An official statement from Valve regarding removed from Steam Zonitron games:
Yes, we have a full-time team monitoring reports and they identified an issue that lead to the removal of some titles from a few different Steamworks accounts. These accounts were generating a lot of reports and frustration from customers and other developers. It turns out that the bad actors were all the same person operating under different accounts.

What we found was a set of extreme actions by this person that was negatively impacting the functionality of the store and our tools. For example, this person was mass-shipping nearly-identical products on Steam that were impacting the store’s functionality and making it harder for players interested in finding fun games to play. This developer was also abusing Steam keys and misrepresenting themselves on the Steam store.

As a result, we have removed those games from the Steam Store and ended our business relationship with them.

The Steam platform is open, but we do ask developers to respect our customers and our policies. Spamming cloned games or manipulating our store tools isn’t something we will tolerate. Our priority is helping players find games they will enjoy playing.
So, there is moderation on Steam after all.

http://atlus.com/atlus-and-emulation/
>"We want to continue having a dialogue about where and how you would like to play our games. Please let us know what you think."
>make an account to comment
>try to leave a reply
>comments are blocked on this site
Th-thanks.
So much for wanting to know what I think I guess.

While I don't care much about Atlus, I'm surprised they would go as far as take action against emulation, I haven't seen this done since Sony took action against Bleem!

thekeats

Neo Member
Even if this was a precursor to releasing the game on PC (stop sniggering) it hasn't exactly had the desired effect.

In fact the exact oppossite. Think theu have soured the enthusiast community on them.

Wouldn't mind, but after trying P3, P4 & P5 i think i don't really like the games and would much prefer a SMT game instead (loved most of them so far).

Playing Company of Heroes for the first time. Omg this game is deep.

I've been addicted to skirmish mode even though I haven't won a game yet against the ai lol

anyone have any tips using the US and British forces?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the most important quest about OS2 is... can you play a pet class.

OS1 had that spider spell and shit but it wasnt exactly the same thing. I hear you can be like a lone wolf warrior, so why not a lone wolf warlock with minions as your units >_<

Arulan

OS1 had that spider spell and shit but it wasnt exactly the same thing. I hear you can be like a lone wolf warrior, so why not a lone wolf warlock with minions as your units >_<

There is a summoner skill now. Some of the other skills have summons as well (necromancer).

Why can’t you be a chicken that goes on to save the world?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A Long Road Home -- MB-C228E2A27E40DFA8 - Taken by Mikurden
Akin Vol 2 -- MB-C993A3FE1C44DA2D - Taken by madjoki

Even if this was a precursor to releasing the game on PC (stop sniggering) it hasn't exactly had the desired effect.

In fact the exact oppossite. Think theu have soured the enthusiast community on them.

Wouldn't mind, but after trying P3, P4 & P5 i think i don't really like the games and would much prefer a SMT game instead (loved most of them so far).

This is more like Atlus being like

Jimrpg

disapprove.gif

Well congrats firstly, but your kid would be just like me if he liked all the bolded. So I approve.

Gotta get disciplined with how you play I guess. I have the same problem, but I will be settling on only trying to complete one game at a time and not leaving them for so long that I have to feel obliged to start over as I tend to do with these kind of games. PoE is my first target, then DoS, then likely to PoE2 and then DoS2, then Planescape Torment and Tides of Numenera

Yep, I did that with PoE1 and I managed to complete that by putting in a hour or two every few days

Jimrpg

Just saw the Gamespot review. Damn.

I'm going to enjoy the GOTY fisticuffs on GAF. It looked like it was going to be a head to head battle between Persona and Zelda, but I think its between Zelda and DOS2.

Meanwhile Yakuza 0 claims the GOTY with all the split voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom