• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can cosplay Green Arrow in Agents of Mayhem
51A8331E5938A30C7984552DEC520A279F7DFE00

Lain

Saw these two games up for voting on the Collective, both look interesting to me so thought about sharing them:

https://youtu.be/GbiGZhjJvFo
PITCH

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark is an isometric tactical JRPG for PC, inspired by classics like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre.

The game takes place in a colorful fantasy world, with a touch of steampunk, where you will play the role of Kyrie, an Arbiter. Arbiters are agents of the Immortal council, tasked with preserving order and peace. But, Kyrie will soon be confronted with issues within the order and have to make hard choices which will impact the future of all the lands.

GAMEPLAY

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark focuses on classic style tactical battles with a solid emphasis on storytelling. You will command a large band of combatants as you unfold the story through over 40 scripted battles. To reach your goal, you will have to maximize the potential of your troops by customizing them with over 20 different classes and 200 different abilities.

https://youtu.be/guB1dLm74rk
PITCH

Nova City, a massive metropolis where power is held by those who regulate the flow of information. Inside this city, a private detective will find himself at the center of a struggle between State agents and a mysterious group of cyber-criminals. He will have to find a way to move among the different factions while staying alive, and discover the many secrets they might be hiding -- all of this without ever having to get up his living room chair.

The Hacklist is a unique and complex graphic novel in which the player will interact with the inhabitants of Nova City, hacking into the cybernetic implants on their minds, to read their emotions. Acting through the personal computer of a former police detective, the player will meet different characters and solve mysteries, all to discover that things in this city are not always what they seem.

GAMEPLAY

This graphic novel takes place inside an operative system called CafeviOS, which includes a variety of APPs with well-defined functions. These allow the player to make phone calls to different characters, select missions with different difficulty levels, keep updated on the latest news, and even play original music.

In addition to this, the player will count with a powerful system that will allow him to ”hack" into people's minds, to read their emotions, discover their true intentions, and even influence their decisions.

Equipped with this set of tools the player will be able to experience the life of a private detective, navigate through a non-linear story and uncover the mysteries that hide in the heart of Nova City.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stories Path of Destinies is super cool. Anyone know how long each "run" is / how many chapters it is? With all these choices and cross paths you can choose along the way, I assume a run cant be that long?

Stories Path of Destinies is super cool. Anyone know how long each "run" is / how many chapters it is? With all these choices and cross paths you can choose along the way, I assume a run cant be that long?
I really liked it on PS4, be warned tho that it gets a bit repetitive

kionedrik

4 pick-your-path chapters + final chapter. The final chapter is always in the same map but depending on your previous choices the route and encounters change. You can easily do a run in 30min.

Aaron D.

Got a Wishlist notification that 1979 is on sale this weekend for $1.19.

It's a short exploration of the Iranian Revolution in a Telltale Games framework.

Supposed to be thoughtful and well-written / acted. (IGN vid review.)

Looking forward to giving it a go.

Tizoc

It's a short exploration of the Iranian Revolution in a Telltale Games framework.

I played it. Visuals aren't all that but the theme and setting are very good.

jonno394

I NEED Dying Light Enhanced atm, but not £39.99 need :/ Why is it so expensive :(

Anyone got a key they want to sell? I know it was on sale during summer so clutching at straws here.

Why exactly we are talking about Xseed? of course they will be fine, they have lewd games that sell nicely on steam, I'm worried about Falcom and TLoH future on PC, not about Xseed.
Falcom already abandoned PC development for good, what more proof do you need that they are not happy with PC sales? Granted that has more to do with Japan than with us, but steam is WW platform, so I'll worry as much as I want, it's good for you to say that you are tired of this when you give no damn about TLoH, right? I don't worry about survival multi games also, no matter how badly they perform or how supposedly good they are.

You're not even making sense. You act as if Falcom stopped developing for PC recently, when it has been 8 years since they decided to move over to develop on Playstation system but as you can see now, while they're not developing their games for PC, they clearly have an interest in seeing their titles ported to PC from now on. The president even said in an interview this year he wants to see all their titles ported to PC, so clearly they're happy at some level with how their titles are doing on Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really liked it on PS4, be warned tho that it gets a bit repetitive

I can see that. Liking for now tho.

4 pick-your-path chapters + final chapter. The final chapter is always in the same map but depending on your previous choices the route and encounters change. You can easily do a run in 30min.

finished my first run, took me 75mins. I can see how it could be shorter later tho. So yeah, finished my first, and opened up the stories and truth menus. Really cool game structure.

My only complaint is that you cant freely explore the levels, like youll take a lift and go "fuck, there was a chest on the other path", I guess the idea is that you will replay them, but that is what the different doors are for, dont let me miss shit because I simply took the wrong lift. Oh well.

Really good first impression tho, also curious that new choices actually opened up too. Combat reminds me of Too Human, how you kinda go from one enemy to the other, its neat. Neat game.

rrvv

Is free on android

Accoun

What Hack’n’Slash MMORPG would be complete without a strong cast? That’s why we are thrilled to announce the addition of the legendary Duke Nukem to Wild Buster: Heroes of Titan’s already deadly dozen!

We have been working in collaboration with Gearbox Publishing to bring our favourite videogame tough-guy to the planet Titan. The Broken had better be worried, the Duke is coming to scrap them and chew bubblegum, and guess what? He’s all outta’ gum.

Pre-order the SciFi Action MMORPG now to get access to the Alpha Test!

Oh.

Prototype 2 has a bug when you first get the claws that forces you to alt tab out, set all but one of your core affinities to 0, and go back to trigger an objective. Any other game with weird tricks that otherwise gate progress?

I remember I had to download something to get past a locked gate in Manhunt but that's the only one that shoots to mind.

I disabled MSAA in Deus Ex Mankind Divided and it worked, i'm getting solid 60FPS at 1080p now. It's so weird to play this game without constant dips to sub-30FPS levels, but now i need bigger SSD because load times on my HDD are still noticeably slow, even quick save/load.

Prototype 2 has a bug when you first get the claws that forces you to alt tab out, set all but one of your core affinities to 0, and go back to trigger an objective. Any other game with weird tricks that otherwise gate progress?

I remember I had to download something to get past a locked gate in Manhunt but that's the only one that shoots to mind.

I'm not sure it counts as a "weird trick", but there's an elevator ride in Legendary that you cannot pass without editing INI files to cap the framerate at 30 FPS or lower. Something goes wrong with the collision detection at higher FPS, and you just fall through the floor as the elevator ascends. Luckily the fix is well documented.

Grief.exe

I disabled MSAA in Deus Ex Mankind Divided and it worked, i'm getting solid 60FPS at 1080p now. It's so weird to play this game without constant dips to sub-30FPS levels, but now i need bigger SSD because load times on my HDD are still noticeably slow, even quick save/load.

MSAA is an insanely huge resource hog.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

mystery game -- MB-582E3A37F11096C0 - Taken by Parsnip. 1 entrants total.
mystery game #2 -- MB-95903FDB11C93825 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.

t1504905712z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

I'm really glad they made this title. The idea of interactive documentaries is a wonderful one with this and any other that improves upon the concept.

Even if it's not much of a "game", it's worth trying out to experience where this medium can go.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Too much infrastructure that already makes life easier for the creator. Why make things harder by leaving Steam when so much work is still going into it and it's various new modes.

I'm very interested in learning more about Iran. Do you know how true to the facts the game is?

EDIT: Just watched the review, really cool idea. I'm getting this right now, thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom