• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

Why play as a skeleton when you could be an Elven Witch that can grow horns and eats people? 🤔
cYanmPn.gif

I remember all of you talking about the first one and being like: yeah, I guess I'll add it to my wishlist, it looks good, but God, now I kinda need it ASAP.

I miiiight mentioned this a while back, but playing Unexplored pointed out something I don't see many (any?) games do:

So, Skeletons cannot die. Kill them and they will revive after a minute or two. But, while they're inanimate, you can... steal their equipment! All of it!
Then they just watch the Hero of Yondor angrily, at worst following them with the apparent hope of some weapon scraps.

I feel like this is an obvious tactic against resurrecting enemies, but don't think I've ever seen it before in a game. Unexplored is just clever like that.

This leads into Divinity: Original Sin 2's player ability for Undead characters, "play dead". With it they can just fall over and pretend they died--its a good way to escape combat. The difficulty in telling whether undead are dead is another feature most games gloss over, and that ability (IIRC the community suggested it) is extremely clever and useful implementation for it.

Because, you see, in DOS2 player undead characters are hated by most others and need to hide. Some, like town guards will likely attack on sight, which makes quick escapes from combat a necessity for undead denizens.

Humble pls buy Wardor too bundle
I haven't been following D:OS II that much... Does it still have the "Competitive Questing" aspect in it?

Yeah, and it's even more intricate than ever. The Origin stories have their own objectives, which can conflict with the rest of the group. e.g. One person needs to talk to X, while another wants to kill them.

This is in the first act, though. Hopefully reviews shine some light on the later stuff.

Ludens

Banned
Man, Sonic Mania is hard. I just quit a game because I got frustrated, I kept dying on the second stage of the flying level. I expected the game to be much easier than it is.

BasilZero

Guess I will skip the next week bundle

Only game I don't have that I want on that list is oxenfree but bleh I'll pass

I would have gotten the 1 dollar tier but already got dungeon souls as a gift from a friend last month.

Besides the capcomXsegaXatlus and Sakura bundles did some backlog damage 😂

An elven witch that can grow horns can also grow a tentacle that will reach out and slap you. She can also turn you into a chicken with her hand.

And that's just at level 1.
Love that game but I suck never get past a couple floors.

Leave no stone unexplored on each floor, that's the best way to prepare for the next one. The dungeons are designed to help you progress through whatever horrors they contain.

And in general, if a floor or situation seems too risky, try taking another route you passed up (if available). Or in a worst case scenario, pray for help! (It also works in-game.)

Sarcasm

An elven witch that can grow horns can also grow a tentacle that will reach out and slap you. She can also turn you into a chicken with her hand.

And that's just at level 1.

Leave no stone unexplored on each floor, that's the best way to prepare for the next one. The dungeons are designed to help you progress through whatever horrors they contain.

And in general, if a floor or situation seems too risky, try taking another route you passed up (if available). Or in a worst case scenario, pray for help! (It also works in-game.)
Oh trust me I do.

Which is why thank the heavens it doesn't have a spawn a big hard boss dude if you are too slow ☠️

Monooboe

Hope that bundle is true! I've been waiting for Deathroad to Canada, expecting it to be in a monthly, but I'll gladly take it in a regular one.:D

You could start playing Divine Divinity to pass the time, if it's in your backlog. I played it after Original Sin, and it's interesting to see how their first game had so many elements from OS already, if a bit simpler and less refined. Of course the combat is real time (probably to capitalize on the Diablo market, was the big new thing at the time)

This. Divine Divinity is an awesome game.

I didn't manage to finish Trails SC in time, so I think I'm going to create my character for D:OS2 tonight and do a little bit of the intro before going back to Trails. Hopefully it won't take be too much longer, but going by the average time on HLTB I could have about another 10 hours to go.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-4A1CA02A3569C0CC - Taken by MaxiLive - Taken by Wok. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-31C1F32D6CB4630D - Taken by Twentieth. 7 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-4D68441DD471EF99 - Taken by Sarcasm - Taken by ramoisdead. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #4 -- MB-11EABF5804ACECF5 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 9 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #5 -- MB-95B178A2EE32E1DF - Taken by NeoRaider. 8 entrants total.

t1505404355z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom