• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is set to patch to full release in 3.5 hours, but uh... there's been a happening.

(crossposting from the OT):
NABzUd1.png

https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/908277064591200258
They're based in Ghent, Belgium, which lost power to part of the city today... including their studio.

Not sure how game updates work on the developer side, but from what others have said it might work out OK?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 is set to patch to full release in 3.5 hours, but uh... there's been a happening.

(crossposting from the OT):

They're based in Ghent, Belgium, which lost power to part of the city today... including their studio.

Not sure how game updates work on the developer side, but from what others have said it might work out OK?

You can easily set any build live on any branch via the Steamworks site, so if the latest "stable" or "press beta" build is okay for prime time, Larian doesn't need to upload anything. Just a phone with internet access would be enough.

You can easily set any build live on any branch via the Steamworks site, so if the latest "stable" or "press beta" build is okay for prime time, there's no need to upload anything. Just a phone with internet access would be enough.
Good to know.

I also didn't notice it until now, but one of Swen's earlier tweets alludes to having contingencies for this sort of thing too. Seems they're covered either way.

The hype can continue.
HfLJjUd.gif

Messed around with Divinity 2's character creation, will go with one of the characters that have back story, the red haired woman that is possessed, and roll with Inquisitor class.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Don't you?

Don't you really?

Edit: damn it Dragon, your post ruined the flow ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A new dlc character was just released for BlazBlue Centralfiction, and it cost 8 euro!

Jubei the cat? I thought I read he would be 10? Or is it $10 maybe and they adjusted for €?

I really loved Divinity OS and played it for like 40 hours but never finished it and just left it (like all do most games :( ) Maybe I should reinstall, or maybe I should just buy the 2nd one...hmm

Wanted to wait until the Holiday Sale for Divinity OS2 but since DAO: Awakening crashed on me I have an itch for it.

Me currently:

0a66179e9dea2ae4bf0b8a3fdfa7800a1708d9d4a82e7d23295216bb6661fe2a.jpg

make lizard wizards

giphy.webp

take it one step further and make an undead lizard wizard

giphy.webp

best combat in all of gaming

giphy.webp

but don't kill yourself

giphy.webp

kill people and laugh at their ghosts

giphy.webp

just buy the damn game already

Monooboe

I think I might replay D:OS1 while they work on the macOS version. I can't remember anything of the story, only thing I remember is the guy with the cheeses and some ghosts and a lighthouse.o_O

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Phrase Shift -- MB-F15CFCA669C7FAC6 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

Deques

I downloaded the enhanced version of DOS1 yesterday. Probably gonna start playing it soon. Is there anything I should know?

Sarcasm

D:OS2 looks interesting, can't wait for Enhanced Edition!

Eh? Why would there be an EE?

EE for the first exists because they wanted to put it on a better engine and one that is compatible on consoles.

I am pretty sure they didn't use the classic engine for this one as EE features are in OS2.

It is sarcasm isn't it

Anno

I downloaded the enhanced version of DOS1 yesterday. Probably gonna start playing it soon. Is there anything I should know?

Just mess around a lot. Theres a ton of freedom and reactivity built into the game that's exciting to discover.

Only thing I'd suggest is to take the Pet Pal talent at level 1 on one of your characters so you don't miss any fun animal conversations.

Rizzi

I was going to play Pillars of Eternity now that I finally got it to stop crashing every 10 minutes, but Divinity 2 seems way better.

Ladekabel

make lizard wizards

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

but don't kill yourself

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

But my coop partner won't get the game anytime soon. And I need to continue the Yakuza series, too!

Aaron D.

I really loved Divinity OS and played it for like 40 hours but never finished it and just left it (like all do most games :( ) Maybe I should reinstall, or maybe I should just buy the 2nd one...hmm

This is where I'm at as well.

I think the first D:OS does suffer from some pacing problems in the first act as I spent a good, oh I don't know, 15 or so hours in the opening town just running fetch quests. Then when it was time to finally leave and start my adventure proper I got turned in the wrong direction and went into an over-leveled area and got completely wrecked.

I basically did this twice (the opening town part) across the Classic and Enhanced Editions. So I've put maybe 40 hours into the game but haven't progressed beyond the very start of the game! LOL.

And yet the siren call of the hype train makes me want to pick up D:OS 2.

Woof.

Plus I just can't justify it with all the recent purchases just sitting there collecting dust. War of the Chosen, No Man's Sky, etc. Aaaand Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn drops next week, and that's 100% Day One material.

Okay, I talked myself off the cliff.

...for the moment.

can you guys help a first time PC gamer?

I have a ryzen 5 1600 OC to 3600hz, 16gb RAM, GTX 1080. I have a monitor 1440p with Gsync, 165 hz.

I am trying to maximize performance on gaming.

is this the best settings? I need some help, first time user here.

thank you friends

*You may not have all the settings I have (listed below) and that is OK
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Anisotropic filtering: Application-controlled
Antialiasing - FXAA: Off
Antialiasing - Gamma correction: On
Antialiasing - Mode: Application-controlled
Antialiasing - Setting: Application-controlled
Antialiasing - Transparency: Off
CUDA - GPUs: All (Select all available options)
DSR - Factors: Off
DSR - Smoothness: Off
Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA): Off
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Compatibility performance mode
Power management mode: Prefer maximum perforamnce
Preferred refresh rate: Highest available
Shader Cache: On
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization: On
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Allow
Texture filtering - Quality: High perforamnce
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization: On
Threaded optimization: Auto
Triple buffering: Off
Vertical Sync: Off
Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vni-4KLMFPs&t=40s

Hektor

make lizard wizards

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

but don't kill yourself

giphy.webp

giphy.webp

wait wait WAIT WAIT WAIT A MINUTE

Undead isn't a race? Every Race can be an undead?

That opens an entire new universe of possibilities!

kionedrik

wait wait WAIT WAIT WAIT A MINUTE

Undead isn't a race? Every Race can be an undead?

That opens an entire new universe of possibilities!

It's technically a race but behaves like a modifier of the other 4 races (human, elf, dwarf and lizard). So you can be whatever kind of undead you feel like.

Uzzy

I'm really hoping this new one doesn't have a story that makes me want to claw my eyes out just to make it stop. Bloody hell it was awful in D:OS. Even a passible story would be a vast improvement.

OS2 releases today? Well, maybe I should start playing my OS1 copy ^_^

In fact, I tried it back when the game launched, but I wasn't much of a PC guy at the time and found the battles too hard (maybe I'll play on Easy this time and, if I manage to finish the game, I'll play OS2 on normal). Also, now there's the enhanced edition, which I hope made inventory management easier.

Eh? Why would there be an EE?

EE for the first exists because they wanted to put it on a better engine and one that is compatible on consoles.

I am pretty sure they didn't use the classic engine for this one as EE features are in OS2.

It is sarcasm isn't it

Every game could use a director's cut.

Last night I fired up LA Noire for the first time in 3 years. It ran perfectly at 4 k with max details. It was locked at 30, but the game was always locked at 30 and didn't dip once over the intro and first case I played. Still looks pretty good. Guess there isn't a need for an update like there is for the consoles.

can you guys help a first time PC gamer?

I have a ryzen 5 1600 OC to 3600hz, 16gb RAM, GTX 1080. I have a monitor 1440p with Gsync, 165 hz.

I am trying to maximize performance on gaming.

is this the best settings? I need some help, first time user here.

thank you friends

I would recommend against messing with the settings in the nVidia control panel like that. It'll break some games or at the very least cause some strange behavior.

Instead, configure the graphical settings per game in each game's settings menu. Then you can tweak to get the best performance for each game. If there's a setting that doesn't exist in the game's graphical settings, then that's when you'd want to use an nVidia control center override - but only for that one game.

In most cases you should have no issues getting great performance out of any game with a GTX 1080 anyway. Just lower the settings to the medium preset if you want them ultra high frame rates (or even the high preset settings for some games) and eat it all up.

Mivey

The wait is killing me. I justz want to play Divinity OS2 now.
You could start playing Divine Divinity to pass the time, if it's in your backlog. I played it after Original Sin, and it's interesting to see how their first game had so many elements from OS already, if a bit simpler and less refined. Of course the combat is real time (probably to capitalize on the Diablo market, was the big new thing at the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom