• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

I'm playing Odin Sphere remake on vita right and oh man, it's damn good and so pretty.
Best of all, it's ocd friendly where you don't need to worry about missables -- I love games that does this.
Every game has this for me. It's called not-giving-a-shit™, I'd recommend it. Helps in all walks of life.

So edgy

There is nothing wrong with people enjoying their games however they want, if he's hyped to get 100% and collect everything, then that's great

It doesn't make you super cool because you only play the main content in games

I rarely 100% games but I don't look down on people who want to do that, each to their own, s'all good
I mean, I do optional stuff in games sometimes, but only if I find it interesting, be it side quests or what have you. I rarely feel interested in getting a 100% in anything, and I imagine it would be quite a bit more stressful if I did care about completion for the sake of completion. Don't even see how my attitude is in any form "edgy". I mean, if anyone enjoys hunting for all kinds of things in games, then hey, you be you.

oni-link

Every game has this for me. It's called not-giving-a-shit™, I'd recommend it. Helps in all walks of life.

So edgy

There is nothing wrong with people enjoying their games however they want, if he's hyped to get 100% and collect everything, then that's great

It doesn't make you super cool because you only play the main content in games

I rarely 100% games but I don't look down on people who want to do that, each to their own, s'all good

sanhora

pNv3i2p.png

2 million seems realistic.

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Ace of Words -- MB-99DC08A430DC5F5D - Taken by bobnowhere

RDR2 news next week, get ready for PC announcement SteamGAF

DKVUK6gXUAAYZ9b.jpg:medium

seeing as how gta 5 performed the way it did, i really doubt rockstar would be idiots to announce a pc version now. we can scream and complain all the want, a huge amount of people will buy it first on consoles and then doubledip on a pc version later on. exactly like they want us to.

Nezzhil

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Oddworld Abe's Oddysee -- MB-32D1636D2F6EEE0F - Taken by purseowner. 1 entrants total.
Outlast Plus Whistleblower exp -- MB-0FDCA3BA64315908

t1506103517z1.png

I'll PM the Outlast winner with the Whistleblower expansion.

For future reference, you can attach multiple keys to the one item by just separating them with a space. E.g.:

Outlast Plus Whistleblower exp: BLAH1-BLAH2-BLAH3 BLAH4-BLAH5-BLAH6

Thanks a lot! I read the manual/tutorial, but seems that I missed that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll PM the Outlast winner with the Whistleblower expansion.

For future reference, you can attach multiple keys to the one item by just separating them with a space. E.g.:

Outlast Plus Whistleblower exp: BLAH1-BLAH2-BLAH3 BLAH4-BLAH5-BLAH6

So, PUBG devs concerned over Fortnite new mode similarities. Fortnite made by Epic, creators of UE4. PUBG was made with using UE4. If PUBG devs theoretically really going to sue Epic, will this possibly be a Too Human situation all over again or Epic would go bankrupt and UE engine would be gone forever because of PUBG?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, PUBG devs concerned over Fortnite new mode similarities. Fortnite made by Epic, creators of UE4. PUBG was made with using UE4. If PUBG devs theoretically really going to sue Epic, will this possibly be a Too Human situation all over again or Epic would go bankrupt and UE engine would be gone forever because of PUBG?

Epic has no legal claim to PUBG, and what got Silicon Knights in trouble was using UE3 as the basis for its engine but not paying royalty fees. Technically, Silicon Knights could re-release Too Human and co., but all of the code "borrowed" from Epic would need to replaced with original equivalents, which is probably never going to happen.

UE is too big to fail

Madn

I'm confused by the engine part. i get that Fortnite new mode was heavily inspired by PUBG, but what does UE4 have to do with it?

I dont think I understand the "legality" of the problem. Why cant Epic make a game and also let other companies use their engine? Thousands of games use the unreal engine. Lets take out the "similar game" from the equation for this discussion as I am not sure there is a law that relates to similar games in the same engine.

The audacity to complain about others copying them right after the introduce Doom Clone mode servers.

yuraya

The timing is what got Bluehole shook. Fortnite was never a battle royale game. And then boom out of nowhere they announce it because its the hot shit atm. Its very blatant.

If this was some other big dev/pub instead of Bluehole it would probably be very different. Imagine if Epic licensed out Unreal to Sega to make Binary Domain. And then 6 months after Binary Domain comes out Epic releases Gears of War (for the first time). I bet there would be shit ton of lawsuits with a big corporation like Sega involved.

Mivey

The timing is what got Bluehole shook. Fortnite was never a battle royale game. And then boom out of nowhere they announce it because its the hot shit atm. Its very blatant.

If this was some other big dev/pub instead of Bluehole it would probably be very different. Imagine if Epic licensed out Unreal to Sega to make Binary Domain. And then 6 months after Binary Domain comes out Epic releases Gears of War (for the first time). I bet there would be shit ton of lawsuits with a big corporation like Sega involved.
Developing games takes longer than 6 months? It would be more like 2 or 3 years. And neither game invented cover based third person shooters, so I don't know what Sega would accomplish by going against Epic and, at the time, Microsoft. (In this hypothetical universe)
There is really no law against copying game play mechanics. Which is a good thing for the medium.
Why shouldn't Epic try to beat Bluehole at their own game, so to speak?

JarrodL

I mean, Bluehole didn't invent the concept of Battle Royale, Battle Royale (the movie) did that. Not to mention corresponding H1Z1 game mode existed long before PUBG. I don't see anything illegal here (morally questionable - yeah, sure) unless Fortnite straight out copied "the wall" and its mechanics from PUBG or something.

Doesn't PUBG on PC at least have a bit of an advantage since it's on the more popular client. As far as I know, Fortnite isn't coming to Steam.

I mean, Bluehole didn't invent the concept of Battle Royale, Battle Royale (the movie) did that. Not to mention corresponding H1Z1 game mode existed long before PUBG. I don't see anything illegal here (morally questionable - yeah, sure) unless Fortnite straight out copied "the wall" and its mechanics from PUBG or something.
I believe Fortnite does have an energy wall, lol

In any case I can't wait until the AAA clones show up. I read PlayerUnknown’s AMA and I believe he said that Fortnite is whatever, and that he definitely expected clones and welcomes them.

Pubg has what, a few months max before it's regular release and a ton to improve on? Time will tell if they stick to the schedule. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom