• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

970 ordered. i'm ready for wathever sale Steam will throw at me.
My first tought is for collecthatlons and killing nazis at full 1080p. I'm lost to the cause of common sense.

xmRK1Rc.png

That can't be right.

thanks for the heads up

and i'm not a big fan of early access overall so i was gonna wait either way

then again anything that even remotely related to mount & blade will get my attention super easy

Yeah, I can understand that sentiment.

Mount&Blade was the first-ever digital purchase I ever made, semi-ironically in a state of Early Access. But TaleWorlds knows how that should work: higher risk, lower cost of entry. I bought it in late beta for a reduced price, and loved every minute of it. This was before it got picked up by Paradox.

Mount&Blade is incredible...I hope Bannerlord is a worthy sequel to Warband.

Zalusithix

New thread, new giveaway for Wasteland 2! (AKA part 2 of 2 with a slightly less than 3 hour raffle due to having to do something right after PMing modbot):

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zalusithix, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-9077CEC5058A0503 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 81 entrants total.

t1411160190z1.png

Race the Sun has definitely been the surprise hit of the latest Humble Bundle. One person on my friends list really likes it and I agree. With your own music, this game has something very sublime about it. There's always something to work towards, even though the random achievements are kinda repetitive. Core game play is very good and there's a fun sense of humour to it in the menu.

I think some people describing it as game A x game B were doing it a disservice.

louiedog

Nyu Media has the Cherry Tree High Sequel as well as a relocalization of the first game (which for some reason was set in America and got rid of the Japanese stuff for the English release) on Greenlight.

Nyu Media has the Cherry Tree High Sequel as well as a relocalization of the first game (which for some reason was set in America and got rid of the Japanese stuff for the English release) on Greenlight.

Oh. Thats cool.

What I have to say about Cherry Tree High though. I didnt get the appeal of the game and I finished it. I really wondered what the dev was thinking. It felt the whole game had no point.

zkylon

zkylewd
They basically removed it from the new version (and that was expected, as the new music is all orchestral and stuff) and to allow the seamless transition back and forth the old version, they removed it from there too, replacing it with standard midi tune with no dynamic variations.
So, it's not really something you notice while playing, but it really is something missing for people who would like to enjoy the original game with one of the most innovative and cutting edge sound systems ever. :(

(VO was good, yup!)
yea i'm like listening to k-pop right now so i'm not a very good judge of musical mastery and sound tech prowess

sounds like a bad deal tho, the whole point of keeping the original graphics in these things is preserving the original version as it was

Yeah, I can understand that sentiment.

Mount&Blade was the first-ever digital purchase I ever made, semi-ironically in a state of Early Access. But TaleWorlds knows how that should work: higher risk, lower cost of entry. I bought it in late beta for a reduced price, and loved every minute of it. This was before it got picked up by Paradox.

Mount&Blade is incredible...I hope Bannerlord is a worthy sequel to Warband.
yea man, why are they taking so fucking long with bannerlord, it's driving me insane

i'm kinda sad they're gonna do away with the hilarious graphics and sounds tho

to me mount & blade despite all its greatness is also like an ode to silliness and i wish that remained in myb q

maybe the modding community will do something about it >:3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is it region locked? for example if I get it as present, can I activate it?
sorta want (><)

There are no region-locks but unless you have a basic understanding of Russian it'll probably be next to impossible to play, haha.

Zeeman

Aside from the Monkey Island games and Sid Meier's Pirates, anything else worthwhile in the sale?

Also, I enjoyed the Telltale Monkey Island a lot when I played it, although that may have something to do with it being the first Monkey Island game I played.

Arthea

Tales from Monkey Island is... kinda expensive.

I bought it years ago from GOG for way less. I think I even bought the PSN version for a dollar.

I still want the Steam version though :x

it's kinda Telltale's thing, I find their games being a tad too expensive on steam.

Why is it on Greenlight to begin with? The original is already on Steam. IIRC it wasn't even a Greenlight game(?)

Once again, Valve's handling of Greenlight is proving ridiculous.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Race the Sun has definitely been the surprise hit of the latest Humble Bundle. One person on my friends list really likes it and I agree. With your own music, this game has something very sublime about it. There's always something to work towards, even though the random achievements are kinda repetitive. Core game play is very good and there's a fun sense of humour to it in the menu.

I think some people describing it as game A x game B were doing it a disservice.

It's a criminally underrated game, hat lots of fun with it.
The Devs said that there will be a update for things to do beyond Level 25, can't wait :)

KingDirk

The reviews for Patrician IV seem pretty mixed on the Steam store...anybody have personal experience with it?

EDIT: Online game means not Sleeping Dogs 2, right? =/

louiedog

Why is it on Greenlight to begin with? The original is already on Steam. IIRC it wasn't even a Greenlight game(?)

Once again, Valve's handling of Greenlight is proving ridiculous.

Capcom published the first one. But Nyu Media seems like it has enough stuff on Steam that it shouldn't need to use Greenlight.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea man, why are they taking so fucking long with bannerlord, it's driving me insane

i'm kinda sad they're gonna do away with the hilarious graphics and sounds tho

to me mount & blade despite all its greatness is also like an ode to silliness and i wish that remained in myb q

maybe the modding community will do something about it >:3

actually seeing screenshots like this

Bannerlord_04.jpg

reassure me that everything's gonna be alright

I tried but couldn't get into it. Any tips for beginners?

When creating a character, it's best to cover your weaknesses rather than accentuate strengths. Bad at rhythm games? Go for wit and charm to make them easier. Bad at reading the AI's tells? Go for Fencing to make that minigame easier. Want to avoid naval battles? Navigation. Want to do naval battles, but are bad at them? Gunnery. Are you a pro? Go for Medicine to allow you more time to do stuff, but as time progresses, your fencing skill gets worse cause you're getting older, so fencing is still an option if you're a good player.

Get letters of marque from all four countries if you can. Plundering ships is your #1 source of income, but don't overlook trading. Don't be afraid to take on extra ships if you want more cargo, change your flagship to a different ship if it suits you, or sell them off if you're going too slowly. Treasure hunting using maps and plundering towns is tougher, so don't worry much about those until later. Also remember that if you're in good with the countries, they give you good stuff like land, cheaper (and even free) ship upgrades, and so on, so don't anger them too much by plundering several of one country's ships in a row.

That should be a good start.

actually seeing screenshots like this

Bannerlord_04.jpg

reassure me that everything's gonna be alright

It's a big, ambitious, and innovative sequel to a game that was already big, ambitious, and innovative. TaleWorlds is a pretty small team last I heard, so I can understand the time it takes to do it right.

They can do it.

It's nice. I already got it on gog. And I bought it yet again.
Also you forgot the most important part: it's a Waifu Simulator. You gotta woo one of the princesses.
Well son, you gotta highlight such crucial info much more ;)
--
970 non-refs are out, 980s are the ones coming later.
Ok, mixed up things apparently.
--
What I've learned from my Ryse video is that when I reach 1k views the mean comments starts coming in. :(
But cool to see that some websites have written about my video, :)
This is my favourite part of your video. Your reaction cracked me up good
KuGsj.gif

http://webmup.com/AIIno/vid.webm
The game itself looks good but a bit monotone on the gameplay. Shame Crytek only has visuals going on these days. This is the perfect sale game.

Tizoc

Finally a new thread!

Got FF4 from a trader. my first time using Dispenser and...worked really well o_O

Some games that were lying around in my digital vaults.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cold War -- MB-B65E2924DA005E92 - Taken by Haunted. 3 entrants total.
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-CAD09F41B932C53D - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-D9FA811AC728C66D - Taken by awwyeahgurrl. 2 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-9289EC0AD7619481 - Taken by Danielsan. 3 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-27725E6219BEF3A8 - Taken by Axass. 3 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-E98A2A1C9AD70A20 - Taken by swx. 2 entrants total.
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-D282EFF5217B6897 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
The Chaos Engine -- MB-4319A82E8C861BCF - Taken by pupo. 3 entrants total.
Zack Zero -- MB-D4F1271C9F3D8EDA - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
Lifeless Planet -- MB-03E6886C02C9A09B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 10 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-86E76C5E5EA793E2 - Taken by bkw. 2 entrants total.
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-2082F607521E401D - Taken by KingDirk. 2 entrants total.
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold -- MB-2E908AFD0659C9C9 - Taken by Krystof Koreni. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Windforge was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1411161690z1.png

Ronik

I played Sid Meier's Pirates last month and I thought that it was just a collection of more or less irritating minigames which were super easy and repetitive. What did I miss?

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a big, ambitious, and innovative sequel to a game that was already big, ambitious, and innovative. TaleWorlds is a pretty small team last I heard, so I can understand the time it takes to do it right.

They can do it.

for sure

but hurry up damn it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom