• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I go to subscribe and it's already page 3. Goodness gracious.

I played Sid Meier's Pirates last month and I thought that it was just a collection of more or less irritating minigames which were super easy and repetitive. What did I miss?

It's a remake of a much older game, from what I understand. There's nothing else like it, which is a large part of the appeal.

Personally, I found the weird minigames and such very charming. But the game seemed rather repetitive, which ultimately stopped me from playing it for too long.

Hugstable

Banned
Finally a new thread!

Got FF4 from a trader. my first time using Dispenser and...worked really well o_O

Have you tried out the port yet? Was wondering if it at least looks playable, I'm used to the FPS of the animations and really liked this version of FFIV so I've still been on the fence about it. Also how many keys did you pay at the dispenser?

Deitus

image.php

What is your avatar supposed to be? It looks cute, but I miss Alice Morgan already.

Ronik

It's a remake of a much older game, from what I understand. There's nothing else like it, which is a large part of the appeal.

Personally, I found the weird minigames and such very charming. But the game seemed rather repetitive, which ultimately stopped me from playing it for too long.
Yeah, it definitely had its charms. It just wasn't what I expected, I expected something more like Port Royale with less micromanagement.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Boo I was still reading the other thread :(

Also even though the Season Pass has been added Isolation is still region free right?
I still have to buy it and Shadow of Mordor D:

xeris

Yeah, it definitely had its charms. It just wasn't what I expected, I expected something more like Port Royale with less micromanagement.

It's an update of the 1994 update of the 1987 original. Like you said, it has it's charms, but it definitely shows its age. I find it fun in small doses once every few years just for nostalgia.

RS4-

Not sure if I'll pick up 13 and 13-2 since I played them to death on console (lol).

But really, Lightning Returns is pure garbage.

I just realized that the best psx ff game isn't on steam; Final Fantasy 9!! I loved the cast for that game and the visuals still hols up quite well, but then again I think ff7 also aged well too, just has a different charm is all. Mind you I'm not saying that cause I'm blind with nostalgia since I played both of em for the first time like 4 years ago
damn you people are getting me too hyped about ff13

don't u know i'm on a tight budget
Oh boy are you going to be disappointed if you're honestly hype for that game

AsylumX

I love that they are releasing a ton FF games on steam, but I'm still waiting for XII with HD graphics and maybe a good port of VI (SNES style without any fancy shit).

Dr Dogg

Well it seems the mad rush to download iOS 8 has taken mass parts of the UK ISPs offline, so cheers for being back in the dark ages Apple! I do t get this talk like a pirate day, I mean round here nearly everyone talks like a pirate everyday. Also Triad Wars info on Monday can't come soon enough, I can't believe you judgemental so and so's already writing it off.

Well it seems the mad rush to download iOS 8 has taken mass parts of the UK ISPs offline, so cheers for being back in the dark ages Apple! I do t get this talk like a pirate day, I mean round here nearly everyone talks like a pirate everyday. Also Triad Wars info on Monday can't come soon enough, I can't believe you judgemental so and so's already writing it off.
The premature rage explosions are hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom