• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
If only such information could be found in the OP of this thread...but memes are more important it seems.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who has been in Steam threads on GAF since 2012, as well as someone who has noticed posting behaviors in OT threads period, I've found such questions will be asked regardless of how informative and 'searchable' an OT is. There was an immense amount of frustration from the community thread posters during sale threads because no one read the OT. Hidden messages, giveaways, and other easter eggs have been hidden in the text of previous Steam thread OTs that went unnoticed for extended periods .

The current layout is gimmicky and silly, but I don't think it's worth railing against Tizoc over, honestly.

Finally was able to check out. Got the Half-Life episodes, Dishonored 2, Witcher 3 GOTY edition, and Evil Within. Now to browse for super cheap stuff.

The Witcher Trilogy for $19,99, everyone.

200.gif

I can't access steam at the moment, how much is Witcher 3 by itself?

Was Torment a disappointment for most people? I like to try and play most GOTY contenders for genres I like, but reviews don't look too good so maybe I should skip it.

Overall I liked the game but my expectations were rather high, so yeah it was pretty disappointing. Still the game features some really good writing and a decent story but its gameplay systems are really bad. Combat, which truth be told can be avoided most of the time, is really lacklustre. Character progression and attributes feel meaningless because you can succeed at nearly every conversation using your companion's attributes. And the companions, with two exceptions, suck.

Also while the writing is in general good, Tides of Numenera tends to be overly verbose in pointless descriptions. You don't need 100 words to describe which sound the wind is making.

The game is pretty much an interactive novel.

Is there any way to prevent early access games from showing up in my queue entirely? It's like 90% early access crap even though I've never bought such a game

Yes, you can edit your preferences to remove early access stuff. Having said that it's pretty much impossible to do it right now.

Guys I'm interested in Xenoverse 2 but I never played the first. You think I should buy Xenoverse Bundle Edition for 15€ or dive in to 2 for 25€?

There's no reason to play DBXV1 when you have DBXV2, unless you really want to import your character. 2 is vastly better in all respects.

They changed publisher and now either you buy the whole game or nothing.

It's no longer being sold per episode iirc. IOI put made an announcement last week iirc. $5 is for the Requiem Pack.

I see, thanks for the clarification. Weird that if you click on the "bundle info," it still shows the individual prices for each episode. I guess we know what I/O wanted from the beginning, but it still would've been nice to buy the episodes individually. I think I see why it's still broken up for the store though, some people may have some episodes and not others from before the change took place. $23 is too rich for me all at once right now, so I guess I'll just have to keep fucking around with the demo missions for now.

Teggy

Overall I liked the game but my expectations were rather high, so yeah it was pretty disappointing. Still the game features some really good writing and a decent story but its gameplay systems are really bad. Combat, which truth be told can be avoided most of the time, is really lacklustre. Character progression and attributes feel meaningless because you can succeed at nearly every conversation using your companion's attributes. And the companions, with two exceptions, suck.

The game is pretty much an interactive novel.

Thanks, sounds like I can wait. Maybe I'll try to play Planescape later in the year instead.

Kadin

Never jumped in to Banished when it first came around. Are any of you still playing it, does it have some longevity? At $4.99 it seems like a good price point to take a look.

Mooreberg

What are the prices on Just Cause 3 and Doom? Search isn't even working. It will be 2017 before you know it, and Valve will still be bad at this.

Awww man, Contradiction isn't on sale?

I was planning on giving away a few copies if it was a low price. I already gave one copy away when it released but I wanted to support this game more :(

Backlogger

I already have $34 of stuff in my cart and that is with the site barely working. I am afraid for my bank account for the rest of the month...

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
eeer i just bought grim dawn ..
the money went of my fucking account but i didnt receive my game

FoneBone

Awww man, Contradiction isn't on sale?

I was planning on giving away a few copies if it was a low price. I already gave one copy away when it released but I wanted to support this game more :(

Regretting not picking this up the one (I think) time it was bundled.

Over 2 hours since the sale launched and I can't even log in. Ick.

I suppose it was too much to ask for a game as new as Tekken 7 to go on sale, but I was still crossing my fingers. Not sure I'll actually pick anything up this year.

Nothing for me this sale it looks like, I for a moment thought about buying Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 but I took a step back and thought about my life and decided against it.

Freeman76

Never jumped in to Banished when it first came around. Are any of you still playing it, does it have some longevity? At $4.99 it seems like a good price point to take a look.

Honestly it has little depth so longevity is really the main issue I had with it. You very quicky feel like you are doing the same thing over and over and...........probably worth a punt if you are interested in 10 hours or so worth

Jeff6851

Grabbed Xenoverse 2, Evil Within Complete and Wolfenstein TNO

Think that's all I need this sale. $50 left in my Steam Wallet so I can save that for new releases or other sales.

Is hollow knight a frustratingly hard game?

I haven't beaten it but from what I've played through I wouldn't say it is. I've played for around seven hours, fought a good number of bosses (including one I fought underpowered it seems), and only have died like five times? Maybe a few more than that?

It feels great to play and you can heal yourself pretty easily so dying isn't too frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom