• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

I think something that a lot of people that had difficulty problems with Hollow Knight ran into is it's way more open world than it might seem. I kind of accidentally went through it in the "optimal" order almost, whereas a lot of people ended up wandering into really hard areas right away.

I would say if you're scared of it being too hard, it's worth using a spoiler-free outline guide or something to help make it the best experience possible. Also, Cheat Engine is still a thing I hear :p

Edit: Isn't 2 1/2 hours a bit longer than it usually takes to level out for these sales? I'm always at work so I never get to actually browse until 6+ hours later but it seems awful anyway.

Danj

well I managed to put a bunch of stuff in my cart but I'm having trouble checking out, anyone else with the same issue?

steam servers sux, why is it like this every time? have they not heard of cloud bursting, which allows them to quickly ramp up extra servers at peak times and then ramp down afterwards?

Plesiades

Kinda funny that the Eidos bundle still features HITMAN.

Speaking of... Is there a change that the HITMAN DLC for Temple of Osiris could dissapear?

Zeneric

well I managed to put a bunch of stuff in my cart but I'm having trouble checking out, anyone else with the same issue?

steam servers sux, why is it like this every time? have they not heard of cloud bursting, which allows them to quickly ramp up extra servers at peak times and then ramp down afterwards?

Because they're fugal.

Ventara

With some people not getting the game but still being charged, I would wait if I were you. These Steam prices aren't going anywhere for the next few days.

Ros8105

lol i just lost my money didnt receive my game but money is away from account tho .

what the actual fuck
This happened to me before. Just wait a few minutes and it will probably show up in your library. Maybe try restarting steam.

My haul:

u2Thw3N.png

Awww man, Contradiction isn't on sale?

I was planning on giving away a few copies if it was a low price. I already gave one copy away when it released but I wanted to support this game more :(

Regretting not picking this up the one (I think) time it was bundled.

Give it up. It's never going to go on sale. I believe the developer is AWOL so a sequel will never appear.

On the bright side as someone who played all of Contradiction, get it anyway. One of the best FMV games you can ever play. Delightful cast and an interesting storyling. Plus you're 99.9% right there for a summer card so it's better than nothing.

Buy it.

Lettuce

Still worth it with all the free content they keep adding to the game, plus workshop content.

Just hope you have a good CPU.

Works great for me with a GTX 1080 on ultra. A few dips here and there, but way better than launch apparently.

Hmm well i was lucky enough to get in on the '£5 off when you spend £20 on Steam' deal Paypal was running yesterday so that might soften the blow

kyo2004

2017 and the servers still cannot cope with the demand... so sad to see this. Even I can't do the discovery queqe or the others activities for the stickers... xD...

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
TFW you're kinda broke right now, but have £12.98 in your wallet and the top two games on your wishlist come to exactly that amount.

There's so much goodness in that list... I don't know how you're going to figure out where to start. Good luck with that... lol

I've already beat Ori And The Blind Forest and Transistor on XB1 and PS4 respectively so I can save those for last. Just couldn't resist having them on PC.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I think something that a lot of people that had difficulty problems with Hollow Knight ran into is it's way more open world than it might seem. I kind of accidentally went through it in the "optimal" order almost, whereas a lot of people ended up wandering into really hard areas right away.

I got through half the dream bosses and the first section of the coliseum before I realised you could even
upgrade your nail.

Game got a lot easier after that.

How do you all feel about Tales of Berseria at 40 bucks CAD?

Game seems to be well received, so if you're going to play it immediately you'll probably get your money's worth. That said, it's a near certainty that it'll drop further in price in another sale or two (Tales games get deep discounts sooner or later, both on PSN and Steam), so if it's just going to end up in your backlog you can probably hold off. That's my plan, since I still haven't played Zestiria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom