• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechazawa

I really don't understand how the store is still running like shit 5 hours later. This is probably the worst Steam's ever been during one of these sales.

4LH4Kde.png

thoughts?

Can only really speak about Steamworld Heist but I really enjoyed it, a good pickup.

Is it me or is the summer sale this year not as appealing?

There were some games i was hoping to purchase that have been on bigger discounts than in this summer sale.

Ozium

Straight. Fucking. Trash.

Current Lowest Price: $9.99 at Steam (Info)
Historical Lowest Price: $4.79 at Steam on 6/18/2015 (Info)

Current Lowest Price: $7.99 at Steam (Info)
Historical Lowest Price: $4.99 at Steam on 10/28/2016 (Info)

Current Lowest Price: $4.99 at Steam (Info)
Historical Lowest Price: $2.49 at Steam on 10/30/2014 (Info)

Galang

Banned
Got Nier, Xenoverse 2 & Owlboy. Not much discounts, but I really wanted to play these so.. had to sacrifice most of my wishlist :(

Azlan

This was my first steam sale since building a PC. So far I have picked up:

Dishonored (the first)
Transistor
Hollow Knight
SUPERHOT
Grow Home
Prey
What Remains of Edith Finch
Nex Machina

Still temped by Sexy Brutale and Thimbleweed Park. If Night in the Woods had a discount I would definitely have grabbed it.

Davey Cakes

There were some games i was hoping to purchase that have been on bigger discounts than in this summer sale.
Yeah this just happens sometimes.

For example, I have LISA on my wishlist. It's been $2.49 in the past but is $4.99 this go-around.

Anyway, how is Transistor if I wasn't huge into Bastion?

bbd23

Straight. Fucking. Trash.

Current Lowest Price: $9.99 at Steam (Info)
Historical Lowest Price: $4.79 at Steam on 6/18/2015 (Info)

Current Lowest Price: $7.99 at Steam (Info)
Historical Lowest Price: $4.99 at Steam on 10/28/2016 (Info)

Current Lowest Price: $4.99 at Steam (Info)
Historical Lowest Price: $2.49 at Steam on 10/30/2014 (Info)

yup

The appeal are to find the truly good deals, because they are out there. There's just this extra layer of added difficulty.

Okay, my haul:

- Metal Gear Solid V Definitive
- Metal Gear Rising
- Half-Life 2 (including ep 1 & 2)
- Transistor
- Batman Arkham Asylum

- Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
- Blazblue Calamity Trigger
- SkullGirls 2nd Encore
- Super Meat Boy

Total: $51.94

How did I do?
ya did good

Ibuki

Banned
So the BlazBlue collection is $25 but the last game by itself is $32. If I buy the collection as a gift can I just keep 1 and give away the rest or is it a gift-all or keep-all thing?

You can no longer buy a game and send it to your inventory, so this wouldn't work.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking for a good Metroidvania, ideally without any rogue-like or Souls-like features. I don't want randomly generated levels and I don't want to lose my shit when I die, just a straight up "start here, go there, here are some power ups" type of game. Any recommendations? I already have Guacamelee.

steam sales have been crappy ever since flash/dailies went away. On the flipside you can refund games now, but that doesn't change the fact that most stuff isn't discounted to 75% or more now

It seems like it's getting worse and worse each year, especially when the same games have received bigger discounts in the past compared to today.

Picked up the Danganronpa bundle, the Neptunia games that were price error'd (or just really cheap), and Beyond Good and Evil. Not bad. Especially considering I got like 5 Neptunia games for $3 each.

I'm looking for a good Metroidvania, ideally without any rogue-like or Souls-like features. I don't want randomly generated levels and I don't want to lose my shit when I die, just a straight up "start here, go there, here are some power ups" type of game. Any recommendations? I already have Guacamelee.
Momodora IV Reverie Under The Moonlight

Rabi Ribi. Ignore the bunny girls, stay for the bullet hell boss fights.

Ori and the Blind Forest

Amneisac

Ori

Davey Cakes

The usual suspects.

Axiom Verge
Momodora IV
Cave Story+ (kinda sorta)
La-Mulana
FEZ (more of a non-linear platformer but still)
Environmental Station Alpha
Toki Tori 2+
VVVVVV
Xeodrifter

-SG

Finally going to play Fallout: NV. Stoked. Now the question is Hollow Knight, Salt and Sanctuary, or Hyper Light Drifter?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is FO4 worth it without the DLC?

Same question for Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Usually wait for the goty version for fallout games but heard middling things about the FO4 season pass

I'm playing Axiom Verge on the Vita right now and I like it a lot. Definitively recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom