• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late.

9E4.gif

Haha, just account name and an invoice number. Feel free to add me on Steam if y'all want :)

How's Just Cause 3's performance these days?
I have a GTX 1070 and probably wouldn't play it past 1080p, so can I play it fairly solidly?

I heard it was pretty rough at launch, but I'm not sure if its improved since then (I think I heard the console versions got even worse).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How do I fix this. It's driving me nuts...

miUy4l7.png

Valve borked it when they updated the storefront to the sales layout. Nothing to really do but wait til they fix it.

Kssio_Aug

its JoJo. Tizoc likes JoJo. Stop overthinking it, not everything is a meme.

Well, JoJo IS a meme, but not in this case lol.

Ah okay, I see!! I thought it could have some relation to all those anime gifs and pictures in the Steam OP earlier. lmao

Jedi2016

I think this is the cheapest I've seen Spintires. Also picked up Firewatch and Layers of Fear. And The Room... I think I had this one on my radar years ago, but never got around to picking it up. Just played for like an hour, I like it a lot. Both of those are $1.24, you can't really say no at that price.

Regginator

I've selected a few games from my wishlist where my interest is above average. Any tips or suggestions as to which one(s) to pull the trigger on?

Axiom Verge (€ 8,99 / 50%)
Dark Souls III (€ 23,99 / 60%)
Dishonored 2 (€ 19,99 / 50%)
Europa Universalis IV (€ 9,99 / 75%)
MGS V: Ground Zeroes (€ 3,99 / 80%)
Mount & Blade: Warband (€4,99 / 75%)
The Talos Principle (€9,99 / 75%)
The Turing Test (€ 7,99 / 60%)
Transistor (€ 2,84 / 85%)
Until I Have You (€ 2,79 / 80%)
Yooka-Laylee (€ 29,99 / 25%)

Some would be no-brainers, but I'm not too satisfied with the price (like Dishonored 2 and Dark Souls III), and the others are somewhat unknown territory for me.

I think the 13 is a bug where they hadn't yet flipped the queue over from the last sale event and they granted me all the cards I should have got from the last event. But what I'm curious about is if that somehow reset the number of cards I'm entitled to for this sale or something.

As an example, this is what I see now:
o2AaCB9l.png

yeah this is what I see as well. I was like "-1 card? wtf?"

Bought Ass Creed Rogue. I don't know why I can't stop playing these. I hate them.

Looking forward to controlling whatever non-Ezio asshole Ubi shat up this time.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I've selected a few games from my wishlist where my interest is above average. Any tips or suggestions as to which one(s) to pull the trigger on?

Some would be no-brainers, but I'm not too satisfied with the price (like Dishonored 2 and Dark Souls III), and the others are somewhat unknown territory for me.

Cant go wrong with Transistor. Its cheap and absolutely mesmerizing with a very creative combat system.

Pakkidis

Can someone explain to me what steam trading cards are even for?

You can make badges for games which increase your steam profile number and give you some small goodies like different backgrounds. Most people just sell them and get money (store credit) to buy more games.

As a side note, I finished my discovery queue and got 10 steam cards to a random game I have... strange.

rtcn63

Since the first Dark Souls is unbelievably not on sale, should my first entry be the second one or would it be money better spent on the third?

Dark Souls 2 - Less aggressive enemies, but aggressive enemy placements and aggro potential... to comical extents.

Dark Souls 3 - More aggressive enemies, but less likely to get Mcgangbanged besides the few "its a fucking poison swamp so sprint your ass through" areas.

Also, and this a personal quibble- I don't like how ultra greatswords work in DS2. Not for PVE. It's basically manual tracking or bust, not fun with the few swords that do an overhead slice as opposed to a sweeping motion. (I'm currently halfway in with a +10 Greatsword).

emag

FYI, Amazon is price matching the Witcher 3 season pass ($12.xx) for those who have the base game on GOG instead of Steam.

Bought Ass Creed Rogue. I don't know why I can't stop playing these. I hate them.

Looking forward to controlling whatever non-Ezio asshole Ubi shat up this time.

Best post-Ezio AC.

Jedi2016

I could have sworn Assassin's Creed: Unity was only twenty bucks before the sale... now it's forty, and on sale for twenty. What gives?

gabbo

Are the stickers suppose to move around? I can make it appear and delete from the book, but can't move it around for shit

tmarg

I could have sworn Assassin's Creed: Unity was only twenty bucks before the sale... now it's forty, and on sale for twenty. What gives?

According to itad, it's has always been $40 on Steam, but appears to have had lower base prices elsewhere.

In any event, it's currently $15 at Amazon or gamersgate, so don't buy it from steam.

If you're one of those people who only got 2 cards from the discovery queue then try again. I received the 3rd card drop after going through the queue again.

Omadahl

Banned
I know they're both only like $3, but which do you prefer, Bastion or Transistor?

That's a tough one. I like the Bastion story more but the Transistor combat system is amazing. Both have soundtracks worthy of owning separate from the game. I can't decide. Both.

I got 10 bucks in my steam wallet and the only game that I'm tempted to get is shadow of mordor or South Park Stick of truth.

BTW, valve really needs to tidy up what games go into what category. Think I saw black desert online MMO game in every freaking category, which is annoying.

Fewr

They're to be sold for a tidy profit to people who value showing off jpegs on their Steam profile page, in turn incentivizing you to buy yet more trash to add to your backlog.
Hmmm.. I wonder which is more useless, an unplayed game or a jpeg on my Steam profile.. 🤔

EDIT:
I'll go for
-human resource machine
-Dangaronpa
- steins: gate
- sexy brutale

How's Just Cause 3's performance these days?
I have a GTX 1070 and probably wouldn't play it past 1080p, so can I play it fairly solidly?

I heard it was pretty rough at launch, but I'm not sure if its improved since then (I think I heard the console versions got even worse).
It's fine now. With a 1070, 1080p60 is very much in the cards. It's not a great game though.

Kenaras

Is the steam version of Final Fantasy 5 alright aside from the shitty iphone graphics?

I played through it recently. The full-screen graphics mode was a bit odd on my system; it looked like a borderless window that was off-center by a pixel or two. Other than that it played fine. There clearly wasn't much effort put into the port, but I didn't run into any serious bugs.

Disclaimer: I never much liked the original FF5 sprites, so the new sprites didn't particularly bother me.

Man it's a really tough choice to pick one of my wishlist items, but I think it's going to be Rocket League.

Transistor and Dark Souls 3 are my picks. Transistor is a beautiful game with a good story and fun combat. Dark Souls 3 is my favorite game of all time, with its insanely rewarding combat and awesome summon/invasion system that kept me coming back for over 350 hours.

Bastion hands down. Absolutely love that game.

I tried to play Transistor 3 times and absolutely hated it every time.

A lot of people here love Transistor so YMMV.

Yep, I completely disagree. Bastion was good, but Transistor was better in every way IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom