• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the floris mod if you do get it. But to sell you on it: You start the game with a created character with a backstory of your choosing, starting in the location of your choosing. From there you can do whatever the fuck you want in the sandbox. You can go around tormenting farmers as a bandit. You can become a trader, going from city to city, buying and selling for profit. You can be a defender of the people against bandits, do quests for the locals, get in good with various cities and townships so they eventually like you enough for you to lead a revolt against the warring countries, making your own faction.

You can suck up to the nobility of whatever country you want, and become their vassal, taking ownership of a fief that they bestow upon you, and then betray taking the country for your own. You can help an exile with rights of rulership over one of the game's factions take back their country. You can be a mercenary for the powers that be. You can marry into nobility.

You can do whatever the fuck you want while leveling up your character and choosing how you want to specialize them. Not to mention that every unit you recruit from farmer to levy has their own upgrade paths so you can make them an archer, spearman, swordsman, horeman, horse archer, etc. Not to mention you can recruit followers that level up the same way you do.

Now, this isn't even to talk about how good the combat is. Cause it's fucking great. Though, Mount and Blade 2 should come out this year. Or I hope so. It will. Yep. Yes. Yup.

do we need dlc or is the Warband enough?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there even any point in doing the sticker thing? Like, will a complete page unlock something permanently attached to your account? The FAQ is pretty useless...

The FAQ actually answers that question. ;)

What can I do with stickers?
After opening your sticker packs, you'll be able to apply the stickers to corresponding pages from your sticker book.

Once you've applied all of the stickers that correspond to a specific page, that page will permanently unlock on your account.

For all of your unlocked pages, you'll be able to customize them any way you want with your extra stickers.

The sticker showcase looks like this.

Is the DLC any good or just the base game is good enough. Thanks for the help though.

Warband is all you need, but I'd recommend the Viking Conquest DLC. It's a total conversion and very different from the base game, much more grounded. If you like the thought of melee-focused combat, it's a good one. (Regular M&B has lots of cavalry, heavy infantry, and horse archers--Viking Conquest is mostly light infantry, with everything else being an extreme luxury.)

Ascheroth

Damages from the sale so far:

On the other hand I've completed Dark Souls 2 from the Humble Monthly, before the extra games unlock, yay.
And I'm making some decent progress through the earlier VN bundle. World End Economica Ep. 1 & 2 ✔
Reading the final Ep. 3 now and also played a little of Root Double.
Feels good justifying your purchases : P

I'm eyeing a couple cheap games tho, which I'll probably end up buying.

ghibli99

Alright guys. I can get 2 of the 3.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Hollow Knight

Pit People

Recommendations?
You won't be disappointed in either of these. BoI might have you scratching your head at times, but there are tons of resources online for things that might not be clear, and once that game clicks, you won't be able to stop playing. :)

I haven't finished Hollow Knight, but the few hours I've played so far have been a lot of fun. Challenging encounters, fantastic mood/atmosphere, nice animation, excellent soundtrack.

Ullus

Are there any games similar to Wolfenstein The New Order?

Not necessarily from a gameplay perspective, rather the mood and storytelling.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of that, does the story from Old Blood follow straight on to New Order? Not sure which one to play first

Pretty much, yeah. The Old Blood ends with BJ and Fergus preparing for the air raid that kicks off The New Order.

Stoze

Speaking of that, does the story from Old Blood follow straight on to New Order? Not sure which one to play first
Yeah, but I would honestly start with TNO first. Or at least know that if you don't like Old Blood, TNO is way better imo.

Pachimari

Jesus christ, I've started up The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt as my next game, and Geralt's voice is so fucking off putting it's ridiculous. It's like they've recorded his voice and put it on top of the game, instead of making the sound feel like it comes directly out of his character in the game world.

Is there any way for me to change the voice audio into Polish or German? Is that any better? I can't find anything in Options > Audio or from the main menu.

[edit] This game is so beautiful:

cY7NOLG.jpg

Unicorn

The creator already said that Rimworld isn't going on sale for a very long time. I'm thinking of just getting it though as the reviews for it are just stellar along with everyone saying it's not really an Early Access game at it's current state.

i just want a more user friendly dwarf fortress .

big fake

I mean, if you can't see how silly the story is, you may really not have it.

Ya clearly I lack intellectual capability. You are an higher plane of thought, I dwindle in comparison no doubt. Thinking Bioshock Infinite's story isn't silly has proven my inability for mental capacity. I commit to this my friend, you win!!!!!

Play vanilla Warband for an hour or so to familiarize yourself with the game, then I would recommend downloading the Floris mod. It enhances the base game greatly. I've played other mods, but I spend 90% of my time with Floris.

Warband is all you need, but I'd recommend the Viking Conquest DLC. It's a total conversion and very different from the base game, much more grounded. If you like the thought of melee-focused combat, it's a good one. (Regular M&B has lots of cavalry, heavy infantry, and horse archers--Viking Conquest is mostly light infantry, with everything else being an extreme luxury.)

Is the Vikings DLC needed for any mod. If not then I could just buy the base game and then move on to the mod.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Heaven Island -- MB-09E7C2B30088E908 - Taken by celsowmbr

Can't go wrong with Tachyon: The Fringe. Assuming it runs on modern machines.
Is the Vikings DLC needed for any mod. If not then I could just buy the base game and then move on to the mod.

No, completely standalone like any other mod. In the launcher you select what you're playing, i.e. Native (no mod), or Viking Conquest. There is no middleground.

And contrary to Steel, I prefer it to the other mods out there. Just seems much more balanced and well-realised. But even still, there's a bunch of great mods out there--many worth checking out no matter your tastes. (And unlike Viking Conquest, free!)
Jesus christ, I've started up The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt as my next game, and Geralt's voice is so fucking off putting it's ridiculous. It's like they've recorded his voice and put it on top of the game, instead of making the sound feel like it comes directly out of his character in the game world.

Is there any way for me to change the voice audio into Polish or German? Is that any better? I can't find anything in Options > Audio or from the main menu.

[edit] This game is so beautiful:

But Geralt's voice is one of the best in the biz! It totally suits him.

Or do you mean the lip syncing? I never noticed anything egregious in that regard.

Crossposting from the hidden gems thread:

Wuppo - $5.99/£4.39/5.99€

header.jpg

One of the surprises so far. I found this game from Wok's algorithm to find hidden gems (I think) in the monthly Steam thread and it looked cool but I forgot to put on my wishlist, when the sale started I was browsing the discovery queue and it appeared again so I decided to buy for discounted price and because I found the artstyle quite charming.

It's a platformer/metroidvania/whateverdefinition where you paly as that cute rounded thing who is a Wum. The game already starts strong with a fun dialogue where you can take two routes with being a cool Wum or just a jerk to the NPC and it was funny. The lore so far feels rich and I'm curious to discover more about this world.

I strongly recommend it

C-Drive

Anybody playing Dead Cells via Steam Link? Just wondering if there were any lag/input issues as I'm planning on playing it primarily via the Link. My link is hardwired as is my PC.

Ya clearly I lack intellectual capability. You are an higher plane of thought, I dwindle in comparison no doubt. Thinking Bioshock Infinite's story isn't silly has proven my inability for mental capacity. I commit to this my friend, you win!!!!!
Damn my dude you tryna play this off as sarcasm when you were the one who dismissed criticism as an echo chamber. Lame way to make your cake and try and eat it too.

oti

Banned
I think I'll skip Wither 3 this time (too big of à Backlog for such a huge game) and just get the French DLC for Influent.

Man, the idea of Switch versions for all those indie games is holding me back. Which is bad for my wallet.

Mr. Hyde

Anybody playing Dead Cells via Steam Link? Just wondering if there were any lag/input issues as I'm planning on playing it primarily via the Link. My link is hardwired as is my PC.

I just did four runs using steam link hard wired with my PS4 controller. I am not having any input issues or lag at all, unlike trying to get Always Sometimes Monsters to work with a controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom