• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was in my discovery queue..wtf?! lol

header.jpg

This game is fucking hilarious with mates. It's so, so wrong.

Pachimari

It will be interesting for me to see come June 30th (on payday) how much I can resist the temptation of these sales. Assassin's Creed: Unity is the only sure lock. But then I look at some DLC for Assassin's Creed: Unity that I would like. And then there's the big bundles like Disney Infinity which I am afraid could be delisted soon enough, so I might invest in that one. I would like to go for classics like Ground Control and the Delta Force and MIG airplane games as I grew up on those. And then it all quickly comes out at around €150.

That would be a pretty sum, but it's a lot as I am also looking to invest in a temporary setup for my wheel, pedals and gearshift for whenever Gran Turismo Sport comes out. And then there's the Father's Day present.

Why do Summer have to be such an expensive season.

See, even this is tempting now. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare too as that's the last one I don't have in my library of those games.

Wok

I think I am going to end up buying this game.

It was mentioned in this thread, and it is marked as similar to "A Hat in Time".

Sarcasm

Steam Economy Enhancer isn't working for the last 10 updates or so. This is annoying. What other one can I use to sell cards?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Finally getting around to buying CS:GO. Went to the store page and the game is on sale for $10.04. I notice below that it shows the Valve Complete Bundle which offers this game (the only one I don't have) for only $4.52 to complete the collection. So yeah, I'm gonna take that option. So head's up to anyone else, be sure to check bundles before you buy any Valve games...

Bundles seem to be hit or miss for me. Sometimes I don't notice any difference in price despite owning games in a bundle. The Metro Redux is a good example as the bundle is $7.49 for both games. I already own LL Redux, yet the price remains $7.49. :/

wilflare

The Summer Sale finally made me redeem my Humble Bundle purchases.
I should get down to redeeming my Kickstarter ones too (it's been a while since I backed any KS game projects)

Pachimari

I keep getting excited about Assassin's Creed: Origins just reading about it. I love all the tools Bayek will have, and the vistas we will get to see when roaming around. The boats, them helping you out when your swimming, diving for treasures, riding camels, shooting down foes with your arrows etc.

So much that I might as well start up Assassin's Creed II today, and marathon through the Ezio trilogy. Then next year I can upgrade my GPU and CPU to play Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate on the highest settings.

I hope I can manage playing all of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt and Assassin's Creed II at the same time. Those are massive games.

By the way, playing the Witcher 3, can you carry an endless amount of loot, or will you have to drop items on your way or stash them in inventory boxes?

There is a weight limit, so you need to sell stuff or stash it.
You can buy extra carrying weight for your horse, though, so you can go on a looting spree.

Ascheroth

What if I missed a quest?
Don't worry - missed quests can still be completed at any point during the Steam Summer Sale.
That's good.
I think I am going to end up buying this game.

It was mentioned in this thread, and it is marked as similar to "A Hat in Time".

Gurumin is nice.
I keep getting excited about Assassin's Creed: Origins just reading about it. I love all the tools Bayek will have, and the vistas we will get to see when roaming around. The boats, them helping you out when your swimming, diving for treasures, riding camels, shooting down foes with your arrows etc.

So much that I might as well start up Assassin's Creed II today, and marathon through the Ezio trilogy. Then next year I can upgrade my GPU and CPU to play Assassin's Creed Unity and Syndicate on the highest settings.

I hope I can manage playing all of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt and Assassin's Creed II at the same time. Those are massive games.

By the way, playing the Witcher 3, can you carry an endless amount of loot, or will you have to drop items on your way or stash them in inventory boxes?
:O good luck.
I can't play more than 1 big game at a time.

Pachimari

There is a weight limit, so you need to sell stuff or stash it.
You can buy extra carrying weight for your horse, though, so you can go on a looting spree.
Hmm, I'll see how this goes. I hate it when my inventory is full and I have to discard something to make room.

:O good luck.
I can't play more than 1 big game at a time.
Yeah. I guess I could play The Witcher 3 in a slow pace, I'm in no rush to complete that one as I just want it to be a slow journey lasting me all year. But I might have to put Zelda on hold, or at least just play it when I'm in bed at night. And Assassin's Creed I will marathon through as I enjoy them quite a lot.

TsuXna

So i decided to go back to Dishonored before beating Dishonored 2. The difference between Ai's in these two games are huge. In Dishonored they feel like complete retards, even sometimes you walk by them they won't notice you. In Dishonored 2, the fuckers smell you in darkest corners under the tables from a mile D:

Ladekabel

There is a weight limit but if you're playing on PC there is a mod which makes the weight limit so high that it isn't a problem anymore.

Pixieking

Banned
So i decided to go back to Dishonored before beating Dishonored 2. The difference between Ai's in these two games are huge. In Dishonored they feel like complete retards, even sometimes you walk by them they won't notice you. In Dishonored 2, the fuckers smell you in darkest corners under the tables from a mile D:

Can we not with the bolded please?

Dezzy

Are there any RTS games that are similar to Command & Conquer on sale? You know, build a base, pump out lots of units and big flashy fights, fast paced gameplay.

Jalal

Are there any RTS games that are similar to Command & Conquer on sale? You know, build a base, pump out lots of units and big flashy fights, fast paced gameplay.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/318020/Act_of_Aggression__Reboot_Edition/

The spiritual sequel to http://store.steampowered.com/app/2710/Act_of_War_Direct_Action/ & http://store.steampowered.com/app/9760/Act_of_War_High_Treason/, which themselves were spiritual sequels to CnC:Generals.

These closely hew to the Generals style/variant of CnC.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9350/Supreme_Commander/ & http://store.steampowered.com/app/9420/Supreme_Commander_Forged_Alliance/ also scratch the built base, pump units, a-click enemy style, but are spiritual sequels to Total Annihilation, rather than CnC.

One of my fave turtling style RTS experiences has been playing the British faction in Company of Heroes so check that out if you like building bases and defending them.

Wok

I don't have the game, but they don't seem that similar. Gurumin is an action-RPG not a 3D platformer.

Ah, I mistakenly assumed both where platformers because Gurumin was recommended in a thread about games similar to Poi on the Steam forum.

Also, AHiT and Gurumin both feature a young female protagonist with voice acting (it seems, from the trailers).

Metroid

Alright, bought GTA 5 for PC, had a infinite Loading Glicht and tried to refund it after 103 minutes played, citing technical errors. Hor long does it usually take until the game is gone from my library and the money is back on my bank account?

gdt

Alright, bought GTA 5 for PC, had a infinite Loading Glicht and tried to refund it after 103 minutes played, citing technical errors. Hor long does it usually take until the game is gone from my library and the money is back on my bank account?

As always it depends, but typically a day or two I think. I had to refund something once and it took a day or two max iirc.

thenexus6

Got Day of Infamy in the sale and not digging it so far. Got into games okay with the 500 players online but not enjoying the game play really..

My refund process for DSIII the other day took exactly 1 day until I get my money back.

Hmm, I'll see how this goes. I hate it when my inventory is full and I have to discard something to make room.

That doesn't happen quite often. Most materials are pretty light they barely adds up inventory limit. So except you're hoarding weapons and armors, you'll rarely get your inventory full.

However, if you really want to get rid of it, there's always mods to do that. Or, you can also choose mods that lessen or even eliminate the weight of certain types of item so you won't get encumbered as often. Don't forget that you're playing on PC.

Metroid

As always it depends, but typically a day or two I think. I had to refund something once and it took a day or two max iirc.

What I found strange was that on the refund site it told me "2 hours" played. On the Steam library page only 103 minutes. Are they usually picky about this?

Soi-Fong

Switch is really influencing me.. I want to get Cosmic Star Heroine but I feel like that game is better suited for the Switch.. Hmm..

Anyway, anyone here play the Democracy games? Are they any good?

"Confirmation needed to list your Willy on the Community Market."

Yes, I have the funny bone of a 7 year old child, but there's no way that the Stardew Valley devs didn't do that on purpose.

Switch is really influencing me.. I want to get Cosmic Star Heroine but I feel like that game is better suited for the Switch.. Hmm..

Anyway, anyone here play the Democracy games? Are they any good?

Zeboyd have had trouble getting dev kits, so if you're waiting for a Switch version of Cosmic Star Heroine, you'll be waiting a while. I'd recommend picking it up on Steam - it's one of the best games of the year.

"Confirmation needed to list your Willy on the Community Market."

Yes, I have the funny bone of a 7 year old child, but there's no way that the Stardew Valley devs didn't do that on purpose.

It's nice that Steam asks for consent.

I've never played a 'Walking Simulator' so I'm not sure how much actual gameplay is involved in these sorts of games. Would I be missing out on much if I just watched a stream of Edith Finch?

Hektor

I've never played a 'Walking Simulator' so I'm not sure how much actual gameplay is involved in these sorts of games. Would I be missing out on much if I just watched a stream of Edith Finch?

What do you do in this game isn't exactly deep or challenging but it still very much puts you into the story in a way that a stream just can't.

CHC

I've never played Edith Finch but to me the draw of "walking simulators" (which is often a misnomer since most have some kind of interaction with the environment) is the exploration. So yes, watching a stream (to me) would not be a worthwhile substitute because you lose the immersion and the freedom to take your time and appreciate the environment around you.

Soi-Fong

Zeboyd have had trouble getting dev kits, so if you're waiting for a Switch version of Cosmic Star Heroine, you'll be waiting a while. I'd recommend picking it up on Steam - it's one of the best games of the year.

It's nice that Steam asks for consent.

I'll prolly get it just to support Zeboyd who I know is a fellow gaffer. But I'd rather go through the story fresh on the Switch so it'll just be in my Steam backlog. lol

When first world countries have cheaper games than your developing country. Regional pricing done right /s

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pkUxmYq.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rZVg3R2.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n0M64Kj.png[/IMG]

Jadax

Turns out I had this, steam was just acting weird.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jadax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jadax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-A78085248A7A1EB3 - Taken by Jalal. 3 entrants total.

t1498482407z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom